Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sliders.  Made this from leftover stuff a few weeks ago.  Kids requested it again.

Are those the Costco rolls? We love them for PP. Nice to see you pressing the Blackstone into service. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    Sliders.  Made this from leftover stuff a few weeks ago.  Kids requested it again.

Are those the Costco rolls? We love them for PP. Nice to see you pressing the Blackstone into service. 
    These are kings Hawaiian rolls.  I might try the Costco rolls though, that is a great idea.  I love the flattop!  Don’t use it enough though.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,801
    Options

These are kings Hawaiian rolls.  I might try the Costco rolls though, that is a great idea.  I love the flattop!  Don’t use it enough though.

down to one portuguese bakery in the area, about 1.5 hours round trip. i dont get why theres not more. those sweet rolls fresh really kick up a breakfast sandwich. i would think other bakeries around would start making them again. maybe the name portuguese sweet roll doesnt hit home like hawaiian does.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Not worthy of a standalone (certainly not with these photos). Just some maple/dijon salmon, rice and a homemade salad. Hit the spot. 

@GrateEggspectations That Looks really good.  So is the Dijon/maple sauce just 50/50 of each?  Sounds really good and something I need to make.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Not worthy of a standalone (certainly not with these photos). Just some maple/dijon salmon, rice and a homemade salad. Hit the spot. 

@GrateEggspectations That Looks really good.  So is the Dijon/maple sauce just 50/50 of each?  Sounds really good and something I need to make.
    Thanks.

There are tons of maple/dijon sauces out there, but this is the one I used. https://somethingnutritiousblog.com/maple-dijon-salmon/

Once mixed, I didn’t find it sweet enough (and I’m not really one for sweet), so I threw another teaspoon or two or maple syrup into the mix. I recommend using the recipe as a starting point, and simply adjusting to your tastes. 

Enjoy. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,448
    Options
    Another invite lost in the ether...great eats right there.  ^^^^
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Your welcome anytime cap. June 1st is the Eggfest here in the Fort.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,556
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina, sounds and looks amazing, I'm sure taste great too.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,556
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina still drooling over that pie (except for the parsley). Did you reduce your usual hydration and increase RT rest time?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,013
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina still drooling over that pie (except for the parsley). Did you reduce your usual hydration and increase RT rest time?
    I went 63% hydration.  RT time was just under 4 hrs.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    edited April 25
    Options
    Orlah Weiners

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,102
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Fried potatoes and fried okra for sides
    Ham steaks! Yes Sir!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 327
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Some cubed steak and Mac n cheese. Made sliders on kings hawaiian rolls with the fried steak. 

Damn it son. Just when I got my cholesterol under control. Cubed steak, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn was the meal I asked my Mama to make when I came home from bootcamp. Like others, brings back some fond memories. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Beautiful banquet right there @Canugghead. Masterful finish on those ribs.