Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Yes sir.  Great tacos await!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    edited March 27
    Options

Brisket!
    @Thatgrimguy Hail Mary here but I believe you posted about how you cook briskets to 160ish then hold in the oven for 10+ hours. If that was you, are you able to share the details and/or the video you shared in another thread that I can’t find?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    I cooked a hamburger. It was good!

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    More pad thai - chicken for protein this time.

You are on a roll man. Grow some Thai basil this summer, game changer.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited March 27
    Options
    Made WPTs. Gone too fast for photos.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Cuban stuffed chops. 

Oh my.  I'd make a fool out of myself with those.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    CMH88 said:

Brisket!
    @Thatgrimguy Hail Mary here but I believe you posted about how you cook briskets to 160ish then hold in the oven for 10+ hours. If that was you, are you able to share the details and/or the video you shared in another thread that I can’t find?
    I cook them to 190 internal at 275 and then hold them at 150 for 12-18 hours when I serve them. I have done 10+ times this way now and it’s been a winner every time! I was experimenting with long holds when I found this video and have fully adopted this method now.

https://youtu.be/Y-VjhCzXjGY?si=7X-p6bRV8l2NJtS7
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @WeberWho - What a great cook right there.  As above, I would crush those. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations fantastic cook.  Photo 5 for the win. I would thoroughly enjoy that , even the greens!
    The following is meant to move the forum participation forward: That cook, as are most here, is worthy of a singular place.  
    Let me suggest that cooks like yours with the great documentation merit a standalone thread as incentive for newer members to contribute.  
    No corporate affiliation here but this forum offers so much across such a broad spectrum of topics ( the scope and breadth of skills beyond Q is impressive) that it deserves better than it has become of late.  Off mini soap box.  
    I agree, if it’s cooked on an egg it needs its own thread with details. This whole site is way less valuable with these mega threads sucking up real posts like this!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sorry for the oversight, @lousubcap. I will keep it in mind for next time. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

I should share that this meal did double-duty in that it made a repeat appearance at breakfast for my son. Not because he enjoyed it so much, but because a wise woman in my household insisted he finish it before eating anything else this morning. Some may see it as harsh, but my daughter, who’s older than my son, will eat absolutely anything without batting an eye. Many of her favourites are from other cultures (e.g., curry, dim sum, etc.). She’s even taken a liking to hot sauce, though is not ready for Da Bomb just yet (I asked her today as we were eating shawarma). 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - top marks to your wife for the appropriate response and likely a valuable lesson learned.
    You have exposed your daughter to great foods at the age when they don't have any prejudice.  I have encouraged my son and wife to do the same and they have been justly rewarded.  

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Not egged either. One CI skillet cook. 2 pork tenderloins cut up into medallions. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Assembled a fruit plate and made a quick sauce with Balkan yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla. 

Soaked the apples in a water and lemon juice bath, to prevent browning. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Decided to cook a rib roast tonight.  Hard to pass up the Easter deals on them.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy that’s incredible, a separate thread with your technique and tips on how to make this bread would be greatly appreciated. 
    Yes! I’ve been working out a couple kinks but I think ok got it figured out well enough to do a step by step that will work in any kitchen. Baking times are super dependent on the oven though. My Bluestar cooks totally different than my Jenn-Air. These were done in the Jenn Air

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I’ll make my next loaves by hand and take step by step pics.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Dyal_SC there is so much to like about your post.  Way to get them involved and then when they reap the rewards-win-win!