Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• @Ozzie_Isaac

Not to be that guy, but with an outdoor kitchen as beautiful as yours, you’ve gotta show those burners some scrubbing. 🙃
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Not to be that guy, but with an outdoor kitchen as beautiful as yours, you’ve gotta show those burners some scrubbing. 🙃
    Haha!  Yeah, they are rough right now.  Definitely need some loving.  They still work like a champ though.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @GrateEggspectations - nailed those photos right there.  Great eats as well.  Congrats.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Tried out something I saw on smokingdadbbq’s YouTube cooking chicken thighs around 450 up high in the dome. Worked out great for the ones with Caribbean jerk seasoning. Nice crispy skin. The meat church honey hog I think has a bit too much sugar for this approach though because of the two in the middle I dusted up with that for the kiddos you can see one got a wee bit too dark.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    MSM on bread from one of our favourite local bakeries. Fried up the beef to give it a crispy bacon-like texture. Served with Costco sweet potato fries done in air fryer. 

Glorious! I'm a sammich guy. Looking forward to trying MSM when I visit Montreal next month.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,803
    edited May 2023
    caliking said:
    MSM on bread from one of our favourite local bakeries. Fried up the beef to give it a crispy bacon-like texture. Served with Costco sweet potato fries done in air fryer. 

Glorious! I'm a sammich guy. Looking forward to trying MSM when I visit Montreal next month.
    Was actually there today - making sure it is presentable for your visit. 

I’d list the great eats I had, except that I was very flexible to the wants of my co-travellers. 🙃

We did however walk by this St-Viateur Bagel and Café. The smell wafting out was enough to make all members of the party let out a moan. When I was young, family trips to Montreal always featured a stop at St-Viateur, though not this location. 

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Did simple stuffed japs and burgers.   No pics bc it’s highly pedestrian.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Did simple stuffed japs and burgers.   No pics bc it’s highly pedestrian.  
    Sounds like 99% of my cooks. 

Let’s see ‘em. 
  • caliking
    caliking said:

Was actually there today - making sure it is presentable for your visit. 

I’d list the great eats I had, except that I was very flexible to the wants of my co-travellers. 🙃

We did however walk by this St-Viateur Bagel and Café. The smell wafting out was enough to make all members of the party let out a moan. When I was young, family trips to Montreal always featured a stop at St-Viateur, though not this location. 

I appreciate that you took the effort to make a recce trip for me :) 

St. Viateur is apparently on the cards for bagels, so looking forward to it.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    @GrateEggspectations, if that is “clean out the fridge night” well done sir. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,803
    edited May 2023
    @Jstroke

Thanks. Yes, we just threw this together using a striploin from the freezer (more than enough for both of us), some fresh veg, halloumi (which is hidden) and the bread. Hit the spot!
  • lousubcap
    Sweet plate right there @GrateEggspectations .  Love the $$ shot.  Had to use SV?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Sweet plate right there @GrateEggspectations .  Love the $$ shot.  Had to use SV?
    Thank you. Actually, 100% Egged. Was raining last night, so we sat out as a family and Egged on the front porch. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    Fellas you got to give this a shot. Thanks @nolaegghead Carey this I the bomb.. 
    Agrodolce pork over garlic mash potatoes 

I made this again recently for friends.  Absolute crowd pleaser.  Yours looks perfect.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Made it again tonight as well- first time I missed the aged balsamic part. I followed the recipe this time and really enjoyed it. Next time I am going 1/2 aged and half regular balsamic to try the full gamut. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    @lousubcap - I want to try this. Haven't mixed olive and sesame oil before. Any specific proportions, or just a splash of each?

• lousubcap
    @caliking - no measuring here.  Found a recipe that called for both (equal olive and sesame oil and other stuff that I did not add) so just tossed both in.  Will have to get another pan and do a side by side with all one and all the other (such a challenge) to see if there any benefits.
    Here's the recipe with the sesame oil-
    I definitely did not follow most of it-warmed the oils, garlic and pepper flakes for a few minutes before independently grilling the shrimp, then tossed in the shrimp.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @caliking @GrateEggspectations If you see sesame oil when visiting St-Viateur bagels, grab a bottle (or 5 😂🤣).  It is ridiculously good but it is unfortunately often out of stock.

I could have used this good advice several days back. 🙂