Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• HeavyG said:
    That pork agrodolce was unreal.  And very different from the usual pork shoulder recipes.  Highly recommend.  With whipped mashed potatoes, restaurant quality.
    Has Chef John ever put out a loser? No.*

*Not that I have tried every one of his 23,678 recipes.

What book is this from? Definitely trying that pork recipe. Seems simple enough and looks tasty. 
    Snellville, GA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    HeavyG said:
    That pork agrodolce was unreal.  And very different from the usual pork shoulder recipes.  Highly recommend.  With whipped mashed potatoes, restaurant quality.
    Has Chef John ever put out a loser? No.*

*Not that I have tried every one of his 23,678 recipes.

What book is this from? Definitely trying that pork recipe. Seems simple enough and looks tasty. 
    It's from the AllRecipes website where Chef John/Food Wishes posts:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/270676/pork-agrodolce/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    texaswig said:
    Espagueti Verde . Green spaghetti. Poblano pepper cream sauce. With some chicken breast. 
    This deserves a screen lick

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,803
    edited May 2023
    paqman said:
    First smashed burgers of the season!  I’ll get a few more of the “chef’s press”.

Nice, and very neat tool. Where did you get those?

(Edit: Looks like they can be had locally at KnifeWear. I have a decent gift certificate, but I’m holding out for a Fujiwara Denka No Hoto, if I can get one.)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Great looking skin developing right there.
    Deets on what comprises a firefighter chix as I'm always on the hunt for new adventures with chix.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    edited May 2023
    Chicken parts.
    Technical difficulties (alcohol induced) 

Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Getting some nice colour (nod) amd texture on that leg quarter.  Wings rule for the win!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Acn said:

Lomo saltado
    I've not heard of this dish before, but it looks right up my alley; even as a taco filling, with or without cheese!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'