Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    This morning’s effort. Junior and I got up early and prepped some sandwiches for wifey’s awakening. Croissants with honey ham, Serrano ham, sharp cheddar, mayo, homemade chutney and caramelized onions topped with a runny egg, then heated for about 6 mins at 425 once assembled to warm up and give the croissant some crunch. Served with cappuccino. 

That sounds & looks amazing - all those flavors & textures !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @NDG

Thanks. I’ll admit that I do A TON of things poorly, but these sandwiches will not appear on that list.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,555
    Options
    @gmanrva and @GrateEggspectations great looking eats right there.  Way to bring those cooks home.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,393
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @gmanrva

Good use of asparagus. Underrated veg. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Tonight I’ll be cheffing Matty Matheson’s broccoli chicken cheddar curry casserole.  It’s kind of a kitchen sink, comfort food type deal.  I’ve made it a few times before and it’s always a winner.  Great winter meal.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Thanks Cap and @GrateEggspectations, we really enjoy asparagus!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,612
    Options

@GrateEggspectations  you’ve earned those treats after a ‘busy’ day in your city.
    Enjoy rest of your weekend  ;)

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

@GrateEggspectations  you’ve earned those treats after a ‘busy’ day in your city.
    Enjoy rest of your weekend  ;)

Thanks. Yes, have been staying out of the downtown core, but we are still quite central and I’ve seen them out on Bank street. Funnily, there have been some social media protests touting massive numbers of protesters while displaying photos of some unrelated event with the CN Tower in the background. lol. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Dang... y'all were busy yesterday. Great cooks.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    This morning’s effort. Junior and I got up early and prepped some sandwiches for wifey’s awakening. Croissants with honey ham, Serrano ham, sharp cheddar, mayo, homemade chutney and caramelized onions topped with a runny egg, then heated for about 6 mins at 425 once assembled to warm up and give the croissant some crunch. Served with cappuccino. 

I'd kill that breakfast. Very nice. I'm sure SWMBO appreciated it. 

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options

Glorious!  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

I braised everything and let simmer in a tomato sauce all day.  I think I'll vac seal the lefovers for quickie pasta meals. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That looks incredibly tender. 
  • caliking
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:
    Irish whiskies are the best value around, nothing even close.
    They are quite solid and flavourful.  I enjoy Jameson's of the lot.
    @JohnInCarolina way to finesse the whole deal.  Well-played.   B)

there was an irish pub in town that was bought overseas, torn down and rebuilt piece by piece. i walked in early on opening day for a guinness. first customer.  the owner poured my guinness, walked over to a locked case, opened it and reached up, served me a jameson 18 and gave me the full bottle. i remember walking out into the sunlight after a while, hit by the bright light, and woke up the next day with less than half the bottle.  it ruined my desire to drink a reasonably priced bottle....the new owner told me it was a gift from the previous owner of the original bar to be given to his first customer.
     quitter...

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:

there was an irish pub in town that was bought overseas, torn down and rebuilt piece by piece. i walked in early on opening day for a guinness. first customer.  the owner poured my guinness, walked over to a locked case, opened it and reached up, served me a jameson 18 and gave me the full bottle. i remember walking out into the sunlight after a while, hit by the bright light, and woke up the next day with less than half the bottle.  it ruined my desire to drink a reasonably priced bottle....the new owner told me it was a gift from the previous owner of the original bar to be given to his first customer.
     quitter...

you musta missed the part that i was drinking guinness....... whiskey doesnt count
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no pics, but something new and will do again. i slowly browned onions like for a french onion soup, them made meatloaf with it.  alot better than adding them raw or just sauteed
    fukahwee maine

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:

quitter...

you musta missed the part that i was drinking guinness....... whiskey doesnt count
    Guinness is almost a light beer. But, yes, a number of them will start to add up.

• fishlessman
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:

quitter...

Guinness is almost a light beer. But, yes, a number of them will start to add up.

a guinness sitting is 18 twenty ounce pints minimum, or some would say thats just getting started. i think theres a reason i stopped going to bars, buying kegs of guinness didnt help either......
    fukahwee maine