Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pfizer/Moderna Vaccine

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Or in this case, radicalized on one side about not taking the virus seriously and not listening to the science.  (Top down from the highest levels)

Seriously, as much as the left's radical AOC and Bernie contingent goes, they are eminently practical with public health policy.  
    And as “nutty” as the bernie crowd may be, they aren’t actively lobbying against the well-being of whole portions of the populace. 

Their wishlist is expensive, but not designed to hurt people
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,612
    edited December 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Doonesberry was right on the money today...

Haha 'or Canada' is probably right. I don't remember the last time I saw anyone around here not wearing mask indoors, and our covid cases are still at record highs, can't imagine what it'd be like if 50% go maskless  :s
    canuckland
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    QDude said:
    dmchicago said:
    SGH said:
    @PigBeanUs
    I truly appreciate your condolences. Short of my own father and grandfather, I admired him more than anyone. What is truly sad to me is he actually feared the virus from day one. He did all the things they said to do. He wore masks religiously. He avoided going to the stockyard and he loved that more than anything. He did everything right. And yet he spent the final weeks of his life alone dying. We could not even go see him or talk to him. 
    Sometimes it does take something dramatic to open peoples eyes. Be I right or wrong in my former views of the virus my opinion has definitely changed. A very wise man once asked the question “is it ever wrong or to late to do the right thing?”. I am now trying to do the right thing.  

Scotty...I'll add my condolences as well. 

Although your "poem" at the end of your signature tells me that you still don't get it. I'm not sure if it's a joke or not but that ahole is the leader of the anti-mask troop. I would think you would hold him a little responsible, no?

The dude would have been terminated for job abandonment by now if he worked in our world. 
    It is not just Trump who did not lead.  There were many dems who ignored their own dictates and traveled only to be outed by the public.  The mayor of Denver was one.  I am sure there were many republicans who also were doing that.  When the public sees our "leaders" being stupid, that only causes people to also do stupid things.  
    Trump is the president of the fu&king United States. Not the mayor of Denver.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,872
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Well said. And in far fewer words than my rant. 

Better man than I, foghorn
    Your lead allowed me to be succinct.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Those that got the vaccine. . . I am curious.  

Are you paying out of pocket? 
    Are you filling out forms? 
    How are you determined to be eligible? 
    Does the MIB contact you? 
    Health insurance paying for it? 
    Gubmint paying?  
    Could you feel the microchip entering your body?  😉

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones gave me the shot then did the flashy light thing but prions already got me so I remember it all. 

No charge to me. Or to my insurer. I have no idea who bears the cost of all of this. I’m sure it’s immense. 

I filled out forms and we have copies of the lot numbers. I even got a little card from the CDC. After 10 vaccinations I get a free shingles shot!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    I’m not sure, but I heard the vaccine takes considerable time to kick in to full strength? Maybe something like a month or more? Might not want to toss those masks too soon...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,261
    edited December 2020
    Options
    SGH said:
    Once again, thank all of you for your condolences. I really appreciate it. And again my sincerest apologies to the ones of you that I insulted and ridiculed over the masks. I might be old but I’m still man enough to admit when I’m wrong.  
    Scotty,

It takes courage to admit one’s wrong, especially on such a public forum - good on you. Sorry for your loss brother. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,736
    Options
    Pride, politics, whatever,  all aside, I'm sorry to hear that you lost a friend @SGH

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • etherdome
    Options
    Kayak said:
    I’m not sure, but I heard the vaccine takes considerable time to kick in to full strength? Maybe something like a month or more? Might not want to toss those masks too soon...
    correct. supposedly the vaccine is at full strength one week after second dose. So essentially a month after first dose.  In between  I’m sure you still have more protection than you would without it. That being said , my mask isn’t coming off until there is data on if vaccinated people can still give it to others .  For that matter , it may never come off. I’ve never had a healthier year in my life. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    caliking said:
    Pride, politics, whatever,  all aside, I'm sorry to hear that you lost a friend @SGH
    Thank you brother king. And my sincere apologies to you. You was definitely one of the ones I harassed about the masks. Again, thank you. That man meant the world to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @kayak protection starts about two weeks after the first dose but it takes some time after the second dose to get the 95% effectiveness. They don’t know if it prevents transmission so maybe I still get very mildly sick and could spread it. 

It will be interesting to see how vaccination rates correlate with hospitalizations. Hopefully we see the latter fall as vaccinations increase. Masks stay on until the population is healthy again. 

Measles vaccine is also considered about 95% effective and with mass vaccination its can be eliminated. Hopefully covid follows suit. 

I also imagine that they can design new vaccine formations quickly so if we need something a little different in 12 months it will be ready to go. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Distribution is going to be an issue. News this morning a major hospital here can't figure it out. Employees are petitioning management because they decided on an age base system, not front line workers first.  I can do arguments for both ways.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Other than the sitting and prospective Presidents and VPs, I think pols should get in line with the rest of us. 

Maskless-rally fan Rubio jumped to the front of the line.Rulert Murdoch, whose own media juggernaut speaks against the idea of protections and a vaccine, sure got his quickly too. Hypocrites. 

No-brainer: first should be covid-facing frontline workers in healthcare, police, etc, together with the elderly and those with comorbidities, and THEN the rest of us. 

And deniers and antivaxxers dead last. Including pastors who demanded to hold maskless services.  

.... anti-mask or anti-vax people who want to carry a home made card around proclaiming their “rights” ought to have a waiver on the back of the card for any health care related to covid. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Were I a politician in the House or Senate, I’d insist on not getting the vaccine until every citizen in my state or district had done so, or at least had the opportunity.

But this may be why I’m not a politician.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Rupert Murdoch, whose own media juggernaut speaks against the idea of protections and a vaccine, sure got his quickly too. Hypocrites. 
    This made my blood boil when I heard it.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    Rupert Murdoch reminds me of the John Hurt character in Contact.  But that guy at least had a little tiny heart.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I was about to paste that quote, you beat me to it.
    Since Dolly helped fund the Moderna vaccine does that mean that one of the side effects is big boobs or is it just a big heart?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    Were I a politician in the House or Senate, I’d insist on not getting the vaccine until every citizen in my state or district had done so, or at least had the opportunity.

But this may be why I’m not a politician.
    Admin at my hospital has placed themselves in the last category to be vaccinated, tiered as local hospital admin, then regional admin, with national/corporate going absolutely last. All healthcare providers, personnel/staff are slated to be vaccinated before they are. 

The skeptic in me says that they may get vaccinated earlier, but if they stand by their intention, that's how you show leadership. 
    Sounds like they can learn from the riot at Stanford where they were doing it in the exact opposite order.
    Yeah, that was a major fail in a vaccine rollout.

How it started:

How it’s going:

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    How it started:

How it’s going: 

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    Masks are for pvssies:

A short while later, let’s check in:

Wait, what’s this:

• PigBeanUs