Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    Just placed an order with OakBarn beef.  @dbCooper posted about the operation a while back and I jumped then and now again.  Glad to help a growing small business. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,027
    I replaced a dying Microsoft surface with a Mac book air about two weeks ago.  The only two complaints I can come up with is 1) Netflix doesn't have an app for the mac laptop and so I can't download content for flights, and that's not even an apple thing, it's Netflix. 2) they really don't want you to see their file system - I struggled after transferring files from windows to figure out where everything is and ensure it was all there.
    Not a felon
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    New spikeless golf shoes. Adidas UltraBoosts. 
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 157
    MJG said:
    Bought this exact same cart 2 yrs ago. Best purchase ever made. Play in a regular group of 12 and all but 3 have this quad MGI
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Looking at the Yeti Load out box.  Would make for a great range box + travel box.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Someone bought my Frankenstein Large egg earlier this week!
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,130
    edited June 2023
    Excuse me brother formerly colonized, but I believe this thread is "What did you buy?" .... Not what did you sell.  We may need to defer to @nolaegghead for a proper adjudication of your post.

(But congrats on the sale,. hopefully they join the forum)

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    What made it a FrankenEGG?  Was it metric?
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2023
    Langner91 said:
    What made it a FrankenEGG?  Was it metric?
    several broken or repaired components but still works
    canuckland
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited June 2023
    Sun shade for the roof of the car. 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    An Ipad so I can use the forum again.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    The M2 Pro comes with 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports, which was important to me.  Although, I can't actually afford to buy 4 Thunderbolt 4 cables.
    Although, I don't want  to buy 4 Thunderbolt 4 cables

FIFY

LOL
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Watching to much youtube.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

Do you know something we don't? You thinking things will go sideways at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (fooking Rooskies)?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,071
    Like the winter of 86-87’ when I couldn’t eat the snow?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Do you usually eat the snow?
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993
    Legume said:
    Do you usually eat the snow?
    Knowing @alaskinassassin, probably only if it's yellow. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Legume said:
    Do you usually eat the snow

as a youngster I absolutely ate snow, we played in the snow all day everyday. My elementary school literally has a sledding hill behind it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600

I am reminded of a guy I talked to in Carlsbad NM a few years ago.  His job:  Moving drums of radioactive waste from one cave to another....deeper cave.  IIRC, it was waste from the 40's and 50s.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume said:

as a youngster I absolutely ate snow, we played in the snow all day everyday. My elementary school literally has a sledding hill behind it.
    Makes sense - I did the same when I was a kid and went to Tahoe.  I wasn't paying attention to the years you posted.
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

Makes sense - I did the same when I was a kid and went to Tahoe.  I wasn't paying attention to the years you posted.
    Probably lost many on that one but I was tagging along with @HeavyG nuclear plant reference. When Chernobyl melted down we did not get to play outside much because of potentially radioactive snow. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    Being old I recall playing in the snow in the late 50's early 60's when both us and the Soviets were doing atmospheric testing of atomic bombs.  I remember the media broadcasting the path of the "cloud".  There was more concern for the milk coming from cows who could eat the pasture grass from the fall-out than anything else.
    I now glow in the dark but not because of the snow.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:
    Being old I recall playing in the snow in the late 50's early 60's when both us and the Soviets were doing atmospheric testing of atomic bombs.  I remember the media broadcasting the path of the "cloud".  There was more concern for the milk coming from cows who could eat the pasture grass from the fall-out than anything else.
    I now glow in the dark but not because of the snow.  B)
    Ahh yes... the good old days that gave us all Strontium-90 in our food supply.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    Picked up a roomba for the pool.  Kind of excited

Ozzie are you happy with your purchase. I ended up buying a different brand Solar Breeze, Ariel ... power dead after 3 days of use, won't turn back on. Their customer service is terrible, really poor return rate on messages ... so I returned it. 

Is this one making you happy, or does it have it's issues?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Picked up a roomba for the pool.  Kind of excited

Ozzie are you happy with your purchase. I ended up buying a different brand Solar Breeze, Ariel ... power dead after 3 days of use, won't turn back on. Their customer service is terrible, really poor return rate on messages ... so I returned it. 

Is this one making you happy, or does it have it's issues?
    I am extremely happy.  It has been in the pool non-stop for about a month without issue.

Customer service is very responsive and easy to deal with.  The basket that shipped with the unit was missing a gear to drive the debris paddle wheel. I didn't realize it for a few days.  Once I realized it I called and left a voicemail and also sent an email that evening.  They responded first thing the next morning.  They sent an email response and also called to make sure they understood my issue. They sent me an entire new basket immediately.  I had it a few days later.

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    OK cool, I'm processing a refund with these other guys ... really I can't say anything great about Solar Breeze's customer service ... I've been dealing with them to fix bad products for OVER 1 month ... first unit would fully charge ... stayed 24h in the same spot, never moved. Returned that to the pool shop, got a new one ... worked well for 3 days, it rained on the 4th day, and I came home to find it DEAD. I thought at first it was simply the overcast sky that wouldn't allow the unit to charge ... so next day, I left it to charge in FULL SUN the entire day ... DEAD, wouldn't power on at all, tried to reset electronics using a procedure they had in the Operating Manual ... NOTHING ... Warranty claim. They took a few days to get back to me, and said they were sending a new unit ... waited a week, nothing ... emails, phone calls, nothing, no response. Lost my Sh%T and told them not to bother, and sent back the unit to the pool shop for a full refund.  They then called back apologizing they had a glitch in their system ... would work to correct the issue, sold me a new unit at a discount ... things were okay for a few days, they pushed out an order which I paid for, got a shipping notification ... it was bliss.  Then, nothing ... check shipping status ... label created, nothing after that ... days pass, more emails, phone calls - messages (they NEVER once in the over 10 times I called them answered the phone) ... DEAD.  It's been 10 days since it was supposed to "ship" and it still says label only created.  No one bothers to call back, or respond to emails ... after spending USD 500 (discount price) ... you'd think they'd at least take 10 seconds to respond to an email.  

Anyhow, I'm done ... I'd recommend anyone that wants to buy from this company review my story before making any decisions.

Once the refund is processed, I think I'll give the Betta SE (2023) a go. Thanks.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Mark_B_Good the betta should handle rain no problem.  They even say it is waterproof and don't need to move it even when water features like water falls or fountains are running.

• Canugghead
    GWN Maple Leaf charcoal deal. Calling @Mr1egg @poster @GrateEggspectations @paqman @Mark_B_Good @CTMike
    Join their mailing list and get $10 off first order of $75+, free shipping to boot. Sale ends tomorrow.
    They are $28.99 at crappy tire.
    https://www.bmr.ca/en/feuille-d-erable-hardwood-lump-charcoal-8-kg-605-0946.html?queryID=93e5c1375d35602b2b025fa828e5b04c

canuckland