Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited June 2023
    Options
    MJG said:
    I didn't dig into this but is that the 'cart' that follows you around?    Those things are darn cool...
    No, this one doesn’t follow. That feature wasn’t high on my list of priorities but I know people who have that and move it. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Nice cart caddy. I’ve got a BatCaddy. Love it. Only use on 90° rule. Above 90° and she stays parked and I ride lol
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    MJG said:
    I didn't dig into this but is that the 'cart' that follows you around?    Those things are darn cool...
    Now load in all the info for the course, add a GPS or IMU and have it make recommended club selections and directions based off your actual performance with each club based on a database of your actual recorded shots with clubs.  All that data would be auto-populated because it would register which club you removed from the bag and how far it moved to the next shot location.  All happening in the background with no user input.  (Patent pending - dated 06/19/2023 11:48 Am PT)
    Wow!!!!    Its nickname should be Bones of Fluff.   Full on Caddie right there!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Didn’t buy, just Father’s Day gifts.   The Yeti gear not the ladder or golf bag.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

What diesel?  Very curious. Sweet!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

What diesel?  Very curious. Sweet!
    3.0L Eco-Diesel.  It is a V6 turbo architecture.  With rated 442 ft-lbs of torque it is a fantastic little power plant.  It doesn't even notice it has 37" shoes on.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,408
    Options
    Did buy a 22" paella pan today but that is an above rounding error!
    I did get a "Happy Father's Day " quote from SWMBO and a phone call from my two sons yesterday so there's that!! 

Not sure who prompted who in that area. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Did buy a 22" paella pan today but that is an above rounding error!
    I did get a "Happy Father's Day " quote from SWMBO and a phone call from my two sons yesterday so there's that!! 

Not sure who prompted who in that area. 
    Hugs from my kids and a call means more than the world to me.  Even when they are prompted by my wife :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    MJG said:
    I got one of those, they are awesome.  No more back pain, just walk!!  I also have the 90 deg rule... 
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    GlennM said:

Didn't know Milwaukee made a coffe maker?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    On Mondays the coffee maker makers use the red plastic parts.
    On Tuesday the coffee maker makers use the yellow plastic parts.
    On Wednesday the coffee maker makers use the...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I am way too deep with Dewalt to switch now but, if there is another technology push making my tools obsolete I may head in the direction of milwaukee <<<< if that was a spelling bee question I would have walked.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I am way too deep with Dewalt to switch now but, if there is another technology push making my tools obsolete I may head in the direction of milwaukee <<<< if that was a spelling bee question I would have walked.
    I am in too deep with Dewalt batteries.  The free tool withba battery strategy from years gone by was a genius move on Dewalts part.  I don't even look at other brands.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options

Options
    HeavyG said:

I've got tools in a lot of the colors of the rainbow (DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, Panasonic, Festool) and in most cases I'm not convinced there really is a substantial difference between most of these tool brands. 

At least DeWalt is still an American owned brand, Milwaukee has been owned by the Chinese for more than a decade.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited June 2023
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

So many branded covfefe makers!  I had no idea the market was so large.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:

If you are punching 8 inch diameter drills thru a few feet of ice, Milwaukee all the way

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    There seems to be more options with Milwaukee. It is nice to get off a extension cord and air hose.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I've got tools in a lot of the colors of the rainbow (DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, Panasonic, Festool) and in most cases I'm not convinced there really is a substantial difference between most of these tool brands. 

At least DeWalt is still an American owned brand, Milwaukee has been owned by the Chinese for more than a decade.
    Thru HS/college, I worked for Sioux Falls Structures, we made construction site/specialty trailers.  They bought power tools willy-nilly (batteries weren't a thing back then) and I quickly gravitated to Milwaukee: solid metal bodies, heavy-duty red plastic handles, and they always worked; others like Ryobi and Skil broke if you looked at them funny.  
    My personal arsenal includes DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, and a 40-yr-old Craftsman drill that refuses to die (albeit the Forward/Reverse switch is wired backwards, I'm used to it).  All wired; the only battery tool I have is a new Dremel, replacing a 50-yr-old Craftsman rotary tool!  
    Sad to learn Milwaukee is now Chinese-owned; although there ARE some incredibly well-made Chinese tools on the market now (and some absolute crap).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Thru HS/college, I worked for Sioux Falls Structures, we made construction site/specialty trailers.  They bought power tools willy-nilly (batteries weren't a thing back then) and I quickly gravitated to Milwaukee: solid metal bodies, heavy-duty red plastic handles, and they always worked; others like Ryobi and Skil broke if you looked at them funny.  
    My personal arsenal includes DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, and a 40-yr-old Craftsman drill that refuses to die (albeit the Forward/Reverse switch is wired backwards, I'm used to it).  All wired; the only battery tool I have is a new Dremel, replacing a 50-yr-old Craftsman rotary tool!  
    Sad to learn Milwaukee is now Chinese-owned; although there ARE some incredibly well-made Chinese tools on the market now (and some absolute crap).  
    My dad has an incredibly torque metal bodied craftsmen drill that occasionally shocks the ever living **** out of you.  It keeps you on your toes.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

My dad has an incredibly torque metal bodied craftsmen drill that occasionally shocks the ever living **** out of you.  It keeps you on your toes.
    As long as it doesn't leave you with a toe tag, I guess that's okay?   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    paqman said:

@paqman - Do you own this?  If so, what is your usage and opinions of it?
    Getting really close to ordering one, appreciate any feedback you have.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    More than one hundred twenty years ago, along the banks of the Rock River in Sterling, IL a small hardware company was founded.  The National Manufacturing Company was a family owned business that grew into one of the largest manufacturers of builder's hardware in the world.  National hinges, clasps, latches, and other hardware was in nearly every hardware store in America. 

Then, Stanley bought them in 2005.  250 of the most down-to-earth, honest people who ever worked in a factory were out of a job.  Not because the little plant on the banks of the Rock River wasn't making money, but because Stanley tool thought there was more long term profit in hardware from China.  The CEO of Stanley was paid an $32,000,000 the year he shut down the Rock Falls plant.  That ranks him #5 in terms of CEO pay.

Stanley owns many major tool manufacturers.  DeWalt, Craftsman, Black and Decker, etc. etc.  They have since sold National Hardware to Spectrum brands.  But, I know it was Stanley that closed the little factory.

Before buying any tool brand, I check to make sure they are not owned by Stanley.   I never worked there, but I was raised in Sterling, IL and I know many of those 250 families. 

Full disclosure:  I do business in China, too.  But, I always try to make it accretive to the business already being done in the USA.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    @dbCooper I ordered it yesterday so I don’t have an opinion yet.  I expect it will take at least a month to ship.  I purchased it for my own education.  I also have a few projects that this may help speed up.

Options
    Langner91 said:
    More than one hundred twenty years ago, along the banks of the Rock River in Sterling, IL a small hardware company was founded.  The National Manufacturing Company was a family owned business that grew into one of the largest manufacturers of builder's hardware in the world.  National hinges, clasps, latches, and other hardware was in nearly every hardware store in America. 

Then, Stanley bought them in 2005.  250 of the most down-to-earth, honest people who ever worked in a factory were out of a job.  Not because the little plant on the banks of the Rock River wasn't making money, but because Stanley tool thought there was more long term profit in hardware from China.  The CEO of Stanley was paid an $32,000,000 the year he shut down the Rock Falls plant.  That ranks him #5 in terms of CEO pay.

Stanley owns many major tool manufacturers.  DeWalt, Craftsman, Black and Decker, etc. etc.  They have since sold National Hardware to Spectrum brands.  But, I know it was Stanley that closed the little factory.

Before buying any tool brand, I check to make sure they are not owned by Stanley.   I never worked there, but I was raised in Sterling, IL and I know many of those 250 families. 

Full disclosure:  I do business in China, too.  But, I always try to make it accretive to the business already being done in the USA.
    Guess you won't be on Team DeWalt then.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Langner91 said:

I hate that Stanley Black and Decker bought Mac Tool and Craftsman.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Langner91 said:

@Langner, waaaay better rationale than "my beer is trans"