Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    Didn’t buy, just Father’s Day gifts.   The Yeti gear not the ladder or golf bag.  

or the big a$$ nutcrackers that haunt people in their dreams...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    paqman said:

Flipper..."when you want to see what everyone else is up to..."
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Books from Amazon…summer reading list just got released

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Didn’t buy, just Father’s Day gifts.   The Yeti gear not the ladder or golf bag.  

Another Team Titleist member on here, nice!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    paqman said:

what is this?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    paqman said:

what is this?

https://flipperzero.one/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,130
    paqman said:

what is this?
    Flipper Zero is a portable multi-tool for pentesters and geeks in a toy-like body. It loves hacking digital stuff, such as radio protocols, access control systems, hardware and more. It's fully open-source and customizable, so you can extend it in whatever way you like.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2023

Flipper Zero is a portable multi-tool for pentesters and geeks in a toy-like body. It loves hacking digital stuff, such as radio protocols, access control systems, hardware and more. It's fully open-source and customizable, so you can extend it in whatever way you like.

What is Flipper Zero?

Your cyber buddy.

The idea of Flipper Zero is to combine all the hardware tools you'd need for exploration and development on the go. Flipper was inspired by pwnagotchi project, but unlike other DIY boards, Flipper is designed with the convenience of everyday usage in mind — it has a robust case, handy buttons, and shape, so there are no dirty PCBs or scratchy pins. Flipper turns your projects into a game, reminding you that development should always be fun.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @Mark_B_Good according to wikipedia:

Flipper Zero is a portable Tamagotchi-like multi-functional device developed for interaction with access control systems. […] The device's user interface embodies a pixel-art dolphin virtual pet. The interaction with the virtual pet is the device's core game mechanic. The usage of the device's functions defines the appearance and emotions of the pet. […] In the built in game, the main mechanic to "upgrade" the dolphin is to use the various hacking tools.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipper_Zero

With the right knowledge, it is the swiss army knife of wireless hacking tools.  It can be used to to read RFID chips on pets, open garage doors, etc.  I have a legitimate use for it.  The device on its own is pretty much useless, it needs to be programmed for the desired purpose.

YEMTrey said:

Another Team Titleist member on here, nice!
    Great eye/catch.   Yes sir.   100% of the bag is Titleist.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Canugghead be careful with that Ryobi router if you really bought one. 
    I watch a woodworking channel on YouTube pretty frequently and the guy put about 6 or 7 routers through the paces and the ryobi would not lock on to the bits appropriately
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395
    It arrived, I think I am going to love this thing

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    HeavyG said:
    On Mondays the coffee maker makers use the red plastic parts.
    On Tuesday the coffee maker makers use the yellow plastic parts.
    On Wednesday the coffee maker makers use the...

DuckDogDr said:
    @Canugghead be careful with that Ryobi router if you really bought one. 
    I watch a woodworking channel on YouTube pretty frequently and the guy put about 6 or 7 routers through the paces and the ryobi would not lock on to the bits appropriately
    @DuckDogDrThanks for the heads up but no worries, I was just horsing around with different coloured router for each day of the week.
    canuckland
  • Finally settled on a new guitar amp after looking for months.  Purchased a Fender Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster.  Now what the hell am I going to do with all that time I spent looking for amps?  Lol

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Yeti Yonder.   Small $, travel often and if I lose it no biggie. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Got the new mac all hooked up.  This little thing is pretty dang fast.  Very happy so far.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @Ozzie_Isaac - nice, looks like you have an update pending.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SamIAm2 said:
    Probably have a lot of updates!  I am still figuring out this whole Mac Ecosystem.  Last mac desktop I had was an Apple II. I have been solidly in the Windows camp since 1987 when my dad brought home an IBM from Hong Kong.  @Botch seems to like them, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    SamIAm2 said:
    Probably have a lot of updates!  I am still figuring out this whole Mac Ecosystem.  Last mac desktop I had was an Apple II. I have been solidly in the Windows camp since 1987 when my dad brought home an IBM from Hong Kong.  @Botch seems to like them, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
    Do yo-self a favor and throw that clumpy thing in the garbage.  :wink:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TechsasJim
    Macs are awesome (as I turpentine on my iPad)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2023
    kl8ton said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Do yo-self a favor and throw that clumpy thing in the garbage.  :wink:
    Hahaha!  I have resisted for so long, but my wife's business uses all Ipads, Iphones, and MacBooks.  This makes interfacing with all of them much easier.  The one pro I have seen is the kids and my wife have numerous MacBook Airs and a MacBook pro that even 10 years later and lots of abuse just keep plodding along.  Kind of like Toyotas.  Apple over builds (over charges) then throttles performance to get amazing life out of them.  Plus the nice clean interfaces and small form factor are pretty pleasing.

My Windows laptops usually have a dead battery in <3 years.

• TechsasJim
    Macs are awesome (as I turpentine on my iPad)
    So maybe macs aren’t awesome…I never typed turpentine, rather “type on my iPad”.   Geez
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,008
    edited June 2023
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    I am still figuring out this whole Mac Ecosystem.  Last mac desktop I had was an Apple II. I have been solidly in the Windows camp since 1987 when my dad brought home an IBM from Hong Kong.  
    Do yourself a BIG favor, and subscribe to "MacMost" on EweTube.  Gary publishes a well-done video on the Apple stuff every weekday, 5 to 8 minutes long, and even with a worn-out subject like "Cut-n-Paste", I always learn something new.  And if you have a question, just search "MacMost How Do I ___?" and its probably there, he's been around for awhile.  Gary's the only EweTuber that I support via Patrion, he's that valuable to me (all the woodworkers/chefs I follow have a nicer shop/kitchen than I do, so eff 'em ;) ).  

I didn't realize the full value of their "Ecosystem" until retirement.  I have an Apple desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone; I do not have (yet) a HomePod, iTV, Apple Watch, earbuds etc. It's so cool to take a pic of an egg cook with my phone, and the pic is in my Photos library and I can post it w/comments from my laptop; or see a neat location to visit on my desktop, hit a button, and my phone will tell me thru my car how to get there; or hear the phone ring, not remember where my phone is, so just answer the call on my laptop.  Just love all the interconnectivity.  

I started "computing" on a Zenith Z-100 with a single 5.25" floppy drive in ~1984, files were transferred via "sneaker-net".  My first home computer was an Atari, 1989 (couldn't afford that Apple **** then).  I was ready to use it forever (a MIDI port!!) but when my dot-matrix printer head wore out, I learned that no one wrote printer drivers for Atari, and I had to buy a Mac in ~1997, to work with them newfangled "inkjet" printers.  Have used Macs at home, and Wintel machines at work, ever since.  
    I'm probably not the best to compare the two, my work computers on the 'net were always hobbled with firewalls (on Air Force Bases).  But I've always preferred Macs, and spent so much of my taxpayer-paid time on hold with IT at work, (almost) never had to do that at home.  

Enjoy the transition Ozzie, and feel free to call/PM me if you have a quick question (my subcontractor rates are low!)   

EDIT:  Oh, and my first laptop battery had to be replaced at the 6-yr point, and the new batt was struggling at the ten-year point, Apple kept postponing a 15" MBA.  I finally gave up and got a 16" MBP; this year the 15" MBA has been announced.  Sigh, it's only money.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    I do not have the technical bandwidtih like Botch but I came over to the "dark side" Apple with the computer in 2013 and have never looked back.  Reliable and even 9 plus years on the support team will work to help with any issue.
    I also went to the "dark side" with an iphone in 2019.  Took a bit to adjust but the hook is now planted for the rest of my natural life.   
    And for those wondering-surfing pron (beyond food) sites is akin to swimming without a raincoat in your youth, carefree and don't misfire!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    I do not have the technical bandwidtih like Botch but I came over to the "dark side" Apple with the computer in 2013 and have never looked back.  Reliable and even 9 plus years on the support team will work to help with any issue.
    I also went to the "dark side" with an iphone in 2019.  Took a bit to adjust but the hook is now planted for the rest of my natural life.   
    And for those wondering-surfing pron (beyond food) sites is akin to swimming without a raincoat in your youth, carefree and don't misfire!  B)
    I hear the "deacon" is a big IPhone fan.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Apple ecosystem $
    Jacksonville FL
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @Ozzie_Isaac what are the specs of your new Mac mini?  I am considering getting one but I can’t decide how much RAM/Storage I want/need and if I should be getting the m2 pro or m2…

paqman said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac what are the specs of your new Mac mini?  I am considering getting one but I can’t decide how much RAM/Storage I want/need and if I should be getting the m2 pro or m2…
    M2 Pro, 1TB storage, 16Gb RAM.  After a few weeks I will have a better feel for it.  I will be using it for a lot of web based content, usually with ~8 tabs open all running applications.  In addition to that, will be doing a fair bit of photo & video editing and graphic design with Adobe Creative Suite.

This is most likely overkill for me today, but hope to get a good 5+ years before I feel the need to upgrade, and then still use it for other stuff for an additional ten.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    The M2 Pro comes with 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports, which was important to me.  Although, I can't actually afford to buy 4 Thunderbolt 4 cables.