Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    I'll stick with my pizza Pizzazz.  B)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    @WeberWho
    I'm buying this instead, lol  (is our health care really free  :s )

Those fancy front and side panels sure are a pricey option. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    @WeberWho

Walmart has this version for $800. The only difference I can tell is the front/side panels and a "bonus pizza peel" for an additional $200. I'm not seeing the value. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    @WeberWho

Walmart has this version for $800. The only difference I can tell is the front/side panels and a "bonus pizza peel" for an additional $200. I'm not seeing the value. 
    Cmon man, it’s the finest stamped crap they can slap on the sides that will rust out if you even look at it funny
  • WeberWho
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    @WeberWho

Cmon man, it’s the finest stamped crap they can slap on the sides that will rust out if you even look at it funny
    This makes way too much sense if it was available in the US and around $400. I've only seen it available in Canada. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    @WeberWho

This makes way too much sense if it was available in the US and around $400. I've only seen it available in Canada. 

Ooni was 30% off couple of weeks ago…….just sayin
  • WeberWho
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    @WeberWho

Ooni was 30% off couple of weeks ago…….just sayin

They need to be for $600

Minnesota
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I have the original model and love it 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I have always wanted a Solo Stove.  Please let us know what you think!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    Wonder who is gonna be first here to rock this?

That's a lot of money for a presumably Chinese made skillet
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Just placed an order on an Anova (1000W) for B-I-L’s birthday. I think he’ll have good fun with it. 

sweet deal, very happy with mine (they replaced my kickstarter version bought years ago)

canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    GregW said:

Your presumption is incorrect. Made in the USA by Butter Pat - https://butterpatindustries.com/collections/butter-pat-cookware

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just placed an order on an Anova (1000W) for B-I-L’s birthday. I think he’ll have good fun with it. 

sweet deal, very happy with mine (they replaced my kickstarter version bought years ago)

Thanks for the heads up. I first bought from Amazon but then looked into purchasing directly from Anova on the basis of the above. Basically rolled in a 16L container free of charge. Great assist. Thanks again!
  • Canugghead
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. I first bought from Amazon but then looked into purchasing directly from Anova on the basis of the above. Basically rolled in a 16L container free of charge. Great assist. Thanks again!
    Nice, I thought you knew about this sale. I'm tempted to get the Anova Precision  Combi Oven  =)  Nay, too many toys, must RESIST.

BTW, not sure about your neck of the woods, here at RCSS this week they are selling AAA whole briskets $3.99/lb. 

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @canugghead

Thanks, but I think I’ve got a few in the freezer, which is full. 🙃 Hope you’re loading up for your next mega gathering. 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations haha, swmbo disapproves, still have lots in the freezer too  :)
    Wow, just checked amz, that sous vide is over $100 more than direct from Anova!
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations haha, swmbo disapproves, still have lots in the freezer too  :)
    Wow, just checked amz, that sous vide is over $100 more than direct from Anova!
    Like I said, you netted us a 16L cooking vessel and an additional $10 savings over and above. Thanks again. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    GregW said:

Your presumption is incorrect. Made in the USA by Butter Pat - https://butterpatindustries.com/collections/butter-pat-cookware

Wow- 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,408
    Options
    I have found that it is always worth checking the OEM for the price point before pulling the trigger with Amazon for purchases.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    @Langner91 doing the initial burn now. I like it so far. Seems to burn really clean. It’ll mostly be our camping pit. For this reason, the cover and carry bag should come in handy.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    That's great!  I think the only complaint I have heard is that it doesn't "radiate" heat to the sides.  Camping in the summer probably doesn't require as much radiant heat, so it might be perfect!

Enjoy it!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Propane
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Some folks bought this a while back, any feedback?
    Tempting if I don't have the vacmaster vp215

canuckland
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I’m done carrying or pushing my clubs. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    MJG said:
    I didn't dig into this but is that the 'cart' that follows you around?    Those things are darn cool...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    MJG said:
    I didn't dig into this but is that the 'cart' that follows you around?    Those things are darn cool...
    Now load in all the info for the course, add a GPS or IMU and have it make recommended club selections and directions based off your actual performance with each club based on a database of your actual recorded shots with clubs.  All that data would be auto-populated because it would register which club you removed from the bag and how far it moved to the next shot location.  All happening in the background with no user input.  (Patent pending - dated 06/19/2023 11:48 Am PT)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin