Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Anyone have experience with the Anova precision combi oven? Good and bad? Tempting at 20% off.
    Just got the latest  Cooks Illustrated and the Anova was the Overall winner; their only complaint was that the phone app wouldn't stay connected, if you're into that sorta thing.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    Picked up a roomba for the pool.  Kind of excited

ohhhh!  Wait this does the top of the water??? Have you tried it yet? How many silver dollars was that??
    Yes, it skims the top.  I have a built in floor cleaning system that does well with th floor, but I have multiple trees that drop pollen and blooms into the pool.  I skim it by hand because the built-in skimmer works, but takes too long.  I do not like seeing it all floating on the surface.  It was a bit steep at $399, but if it saves me daily skimming during the pollen and bloom season, I think it will be worth it.
    LOL, I went out and bought one last night ... they don't have that Betta in Canada (although I can order through the web, but am concerned about follow up support) ... I bought one called Ariel. It's charging up as we speak.

Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @ColbyLang We have been spoiled lately.  It has been in the 80's for the last 3 weeks or so with actual rain.
    I was out in your area a couple weeks ago.  Dined on patios every evening.   That Red Oak is outstanding, I usually just hit C&P.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @ColbyLang We have been spoiled lately.  It has been in the 80's for the last 3 weeks or so with actual rain.
    I was out in your area a couple weeks ago.  Dined on patios every evening.   That Red Oak is outstanding, I usually just hit C&P.  
    Yeah I work in Odessa but live in Midland.  We eat there often  Love the zooni salad at C&P.  If you have time, try Half Acre in Midland next time you are in the area.  Pretty good bbq.  Odessa is getting a new bbq joint soon.  Brantley Creek.  They operate out of a food truck now but opening a location soon.  They are really good.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Yeah I work in Odessa but live in Midland.  We eat there often  Love the zooni salad at C&P.  If you have time, try Half Acre in Midland next time you are in the area.  Pretty good bbq.  Odessa is getting a new bbq joint soon.  Brantley Creek.  They operate out of a food truck now but opening a location soon.  They are really good.
    I've actually heard about Brantley Creek, saw it on one of the shows:   Texas Bucket List or Good Taste.   I stay in one of the hotels right across from C&P so I make it a point to nestle up to the bar for an Old Fashioned (or 3).    Now that I've been to Red Oak that may win out or at least alternate.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @TechsasJim let me know when you are this way next time and I treat you to my favorite bar in Midland, The Blue Door.  They have a great happy with $6 Old Fashioned's made the proper way.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @TechsasJim let me know when you are this way next time and I treat you to my favorite bar in Midland, The Blue Door.  They have a great happy with $6 Old Fashioned's made the proper way.
    Dang now that’s a deal!   Done, will reach out via DM.   I’m up there every 4-5 weeks for 4-5 days.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,409
    Options
    Great day and smooth waters as well. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Wonder who is gonna be first here to rock this?

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

holding out for the rtic version,  yeti doesnt match my drinkware. im sure someone will buy it just to hang in a tree for target practice
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac you beat me to it.  I came on here just to post this foolishness.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    While I love and support Yeti there is no way in h*ll I'd buy that...
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I have a buddy in our poker group that will probably buy one.  Money isn't a problem for the guy, but common sense is.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I have a buddy in our poker group that will probably buy one.  Money isn't a problem for the guy, but common sense is.  
    Those are my favorite friends 🤣
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    While I love and support Yeti there is no way in h*ll I'd buy that...
    Agreed, Finex would get my castiron mad money.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I just don't think it will hold many beers, or much ice.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options

Had to check the calendar to make sure it isn't April 1st.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    if anyone is looking for a yeti cotton storage bag, i can have one for sale for 325 bucks plus shipping
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Does anyone have one of the RTIC ultralights? I don't have a need for a true rotomold cooler but these seem intriguing.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

I’m sure that pan cooks just fine. The bigger question is, when it’s not being heated by a burner, will it naturally produce ice, like all other Yeti products?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

I’m sure that pan cooks just fine. The bigger question is, when it’s not being heated by a burner, will it naturally produce ice, like all other Yeti products?
    For the price all Yeti products should MTPFO.  Making ice isn't enough.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Does anyone have one of the RTIC ultralights? I don't have a need for a true rotomold cooler but these seem intriguing.
    I live 10 mins from RTIC, don’t know what their ultralight is but every product of theirs I’ve bought has been sub par.   Having said that I’ve never tried a rotomold from them but I’d think that would be hard to screw up.  

I’ve written 3 reviews on their site (not bad, but not 5*) and they never posted them.  

if you need I can swing by their store, check out the product you’re after and take pics and put my hands on.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options

Same skillet - just says "Butter Pat" (actual manufacturer) rather than "Yeti" but it's only $345 (altho that price does not include the ring cloth or cotton bag).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Same skillet - just says "Butter Pat" (actual manufacturer) rather than "Yeti" but it's only $345 (altho that price does not include the ring cloth or cotton bag).
    Yeti also doesn't have the stress riser on the handle.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2023
    Options
    If anyone is looking for a new pizza oven, Walmart is now carrying them in a couple different versions. The cheaper $600 Blackstone pizza oven should sell pretty well. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Rotating stone…….interesting. Microwave turn style capability in a pizza oven 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    @WeberWho
    I'm buying this instead, lol  (is our health care really free  :s )

canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Rotating stone…….interesting. Microwave turn style capability in a pizza oven 

I have the original Blackstone pizza oven. The rotating stone is awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota