Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I don't usually watch movies.
    I don't usually carry my iPhone.

So I'm perfectly qualified to recommend a phone app for moviegoers here (saw this on the SnazzyLabs channel).
    It's called "Runpee". You enter the movie you're going to see, its start time, and the app will notify you of the "slow" portions of the film, so you can "run, pee" at the theater. While you're standing (or sitting) relieving yourself, the app fills you in as to what's happening in the film while you're in the restroom, so you stay caught up. Oh, and it's free.  

So ridiculous, and so clever, I had to mention it. Let me know if anyone tries this, and how it works for you.

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Botch said:

So I'm perfectly qualified to recommend a phone app for moviegoers here (saw this on the SnazzyLabs channel).
    It's called "Runpee". You enter the movie you're going to see, its start time, and the app will notify you of the "slow" portions of the film, so you can "run, pee" at the theater. While you're standing (or sitting) relieving yourself, the app fills you in as to what's happening in the film while you're in the restroom, so you stay caught up. Oh, and it's free.  

So ridiculous, and so clever, I had to mention it. Let me know if anyone tries this, and how it works for you.
    Sounds great but I just use the “HoldIt” app.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Botch said:

I use my "pause" button.  Most VCRs have them.

(In all seriousness though, that sounds like a great app.  I have a penchant for leaving at pivotal moments.)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Catheter bag for the win - never miss a scene.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Need to tighten it up...
    Happy Friday-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    paqman said:

That is awesome!  Costco near me had something similar, I can just imagine all of the uses.
    We had a 3 days long power outage early in April and we often have a couple of hours outages throughout the summer.  I am hoping that it will be able to power the fridge for close to 1 day when it happens.  It will also be useful when we go on road trips.  This model was released yesterday and the solar panel is bundled for free as part of a promo.  The battery chemistry in this model is safer than previous generations.  I have a smaller unit (river 2 pro) for my CPAP.

Options
    @paqman this? https://ca.ecoflow.com/products/delta-2-max-portable-power-station?variant=43592212742298
    Should I bite? Nay, bought a small generator about ten years ago, to power fridge/freezer just in case, never used it once yet, touch wood. We also don't go on road trips nor camp. Tempting but it would be a definite NO with swmbo.
    canuckland
  • paqman
    Options
    @Canugghead that’s the one but I purchased from Amazon and got an extra 150$ off and a lantern/powerbank for free as a bonus.  The original deal was two free 110W solar panels but they ran out and offered a free 220W solar panels instead.  But… there was already a 150$ off coupon on Amazon when it happened.  The free panels coupon wasn’t supposed to be stackable but I tried anyway and it worked 😂🤣.  On top of that there was another coupon for a free lantern/powerbank which also worked…

Apologies for the french… I saved 1140$ by stacking the coupons on Amazon.

Options
    I have been coveting one of the Anker brand units.  They look very handy and easier to use than dragging out the gas generator and cords to keep the refrigerator cold and the CPAP running.  

And, I could always use the gas generator to recharge it if needed.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Cell phone for our oldest. He's going to middle school in august and we need to keep in touch with him since he and his sister won't be at the same school anymore. Also PSA, regularly check
    your cell phone plan. We've had the same plan for like 5 or 6 years. Even with adding a line we will be paying less money because our old plan is no longer available.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• paqman
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I have been coveting one of the Anker brand units.  They look very handy and easier to use than dragging out the gas generator and cords to keep the refrigerator cold and the CPAP running.  

And, I could always use the gas generator to recharge it if needed.
    Check the battery chemistry, lithium batteries are a fire hazard.  I waited for this model to be released because it is built with LiFePO4 (LFP) batteries.  They are more expensive but safer than “standard” Li-Ion (NCM) batteries.  They also have much better cycle life (3000 cycles 80%).

Options
    Cell phone for our oldest. He's going to middle school in august and we need to keep in touch with him since he and his sister won't be at the same school anymore. Also PSA, regularly check
    your cell phone plan. We've had the same plan for like 5 or 6 years. Even with adding a line we will be paying less money because our old plan is no longer available.
    Make sure you add a tracker software to them phones. Mama Bear, Life360, something. So glad we didn’t have all of these “get into trouble” apps when I was a teenager 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Make sure you add a tracker software to them phones. Mama Bear, Life360, something. So glad we didn’t have all of these “get into trouble” apps when I was a teenager 
    Never mind teenagers who’ve figured out how to get around those apps…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Catheter bag for the win - never miss a scene.
    Diapers.  NASA approved, just ask Lisa Nowak.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    paqman said:
    @Canugghead that’s the one but I purchased from Amazon and got an extra 150$ off and a lantern/powerbank for free as a bonus.  The original deal was two free 110W solar panels but they ran out and offered a free 220W solar panels instead.  But… there was already a 150$ off coupon on Amazon when it happened.  The free panels coupon wasn’t supposed to be stackable but I tried anyway and it worked 😂🤣.  On top of that there was another coupon for a free lantern/powerbank which also worked…

Apologies for the french… I saved 1140$ by stacking the coupons on Amazon.

Just for fun, surprised there's shipping charge (no Prime here but thought it's over free shipping threshold). NOT buying.

canuckland
  • paqman
    Options
    NOT buying.
    😂🤣

Two of the items are shipped directly by the seller, that may be the reason.

Options

Thanks for the rec @caliking
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @WeberWho - very nice move right there.
    From an old man perspective, delivering the turn-key finished deal would be the preferred option.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Upgrading my dad's wheels on his Ranger for Father's Day. His Ranger came with 16" steelies. I found these wheels that came off a stock Bronco. They have 15 miles on them. Maybe not cool to have stock 18" wheels for a Bronco but quite the upgrade on my dad's Ranger. The best part is that nobody wants stock wheels for a Bronco. Broncos are all too new for replacement tires. So they are a hard sell. I was able to pick these up for roughly 1/4 of what just the tires would have cost. I dropped them off at my buddies garage as my Dad will be over to my place before Father's Day. Just need to figure out if I should steal his truck in the middle of the night to swap them out at my place or just deliver them to my parents when time comes....

Same wheels and tires my wife’s OBX Bronco came with. I tried to upgrade day 1, got told no lol. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I would provide the finished product-zero hassles. “Borrow” the truck for a few hours and return it all ready to go. I might keep the old ones for salt season etc.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll most likely swap them out the night before or morning of. I think it will only be temporary before the old ones go back on. My Dad will have the same issue as the Broncos. Not too many people with Rangers are looking for new tires and even fewer with 16" wheels. (Standard Ranger wheels are 17") So it would have to be an XL Ranger or possibly a basic Bronco and no Bronco is needing new tires. The tires he has on there now are almost like a summer tire. Perfectly good for the summer but I wouldn't want to run them during the winter. So he might as well get some use out of the ones he has on there now otherwise they'll just sit. So these new ones might be more of a winter option. It will be interesting to see how he adopts to these new wheels/tires. He loves how quite the truck is and the 27mpg he's getting with it. These new wheels/tires might spoil some of that. Hopefully not too much. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    A jar of Sambol Oelek just got delivered by Amazon. They were out of the brand with the rooster on it so I had to go with another brand.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Awesome! What are the full plans for the property?
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Awesome! What are the full plans for the property?
    following @Ozzie_Isaac in building a place for horses
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Basic iPad.   Have had many over the years, passed on to kids, etc.   tired of looking at a phone and could use a bit bigger screen…again
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just ordered a couple of steaks from SRF as a house warming gift for some Q cooking friends.  Likely their first exposure to that rabbit hole.  B)
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Convince me why I need to get a sous vide anyone, anyone?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.