Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Looks like them hinges have no pin to remove. Soak em, aggressively. If that doesn’t work, grinder and have a fab shop put new ones on. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    So much buying this week

sewer hose and carrier for trailer - got tired of the short one
    prescription smith chromapops
    abs pipe to make a couple of rod holders for the back of my truck
    waders
    replacement hepa filters for all that damn smoke and pollen getting into the house
    handlebars for wife's bike
    bottle each of hardcore carnivore black and albukirky red

• Eggin_in_PA
    Eggin_in_PA Posts: 91
    Options
    So this is the grill.  The lid as y’all can tell isn’t going anywhere.  Any ideas on what would un seize it?
    I would soak it with pb then use a torch and heat up the hinge. Heat both sides and you should be able to work it loose. You may have to tap the hinges with a small hammer
    Try soaking down with PB or similar for a few days.  Then use a big ball pein hammer on the lid part of the hinge.  Hit it with some heat.  Hinge appears to be rather thick.  Heating with propane torch may not be enough.  Oxy/Acet would get it to expand.  As it gets red, move to the other hinge.  Repeat as needed.  If you have a welder friend, just have them cut off and new ones welded.  If you free them up, they very well could seize again once it's closed..
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Lid looks heavy. Have a plan for what’s under it when it does break free. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

All the Jeep parts.
    Holy smokes, sweet!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Tell me about the tires/wheels!  Those are sweet!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

All the Jeep parts.
    Please tell me you’re going to flat tow that behind the Winnebago, that’s my retirement dream. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    U_tarded said:

All the Jeep parts.
    Please tell me you’re going to flat tow that behind the Winnebago, that’s my retirement dream. 
    Just remember to put it in neutral.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39794/rv-driver-annihilates-their-new-jeep-wrangler-by-flat-towing-it-in-4-low

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    So this is the grill.  The lid as y’all can tell isn’t going anywhere.  Any ideas on what would un seize it?
    I would soak it with pb then use a torch and heat up the hinge. Heat both sides and you should be able to work it loose. You may have to tap the hinges with a small hammer
    Try soaking down with PB or similar for a few days.  Then use a big ball pein hammer on the lid part of the hinge.  Hit it with some heat.  Hinge appears to be rather thick.  Heating with propane torch may not be enough.  Oxy/Acet would get it to expand.  As it gets red, move to the other hinge.  Repeat as needed.  If you have a welder friend, just have them cut off and new ones welded.  If you free them up, they very well could seize again once it's closed..
    You can always drill and tap for a grease zerk. Hit it with food safe 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    I have bought a few things for the yard this spring, I replaced my 30 year old wheelbarrow with a AM Leonard with a flat free tire. I also bought a new battery powered Flowzone backpack sprayer, it will produce 115 PSI if needed.
    I decided that I was tired of mowing the lawn with the Honda commercial bagger I bought a few seasons ago. I bought a Exmark Turf Tracer with the single wheel ride on- my yard has a steep section that would be difficult to use a ride on zero turn. The new mower has reduced the mow time by 50%

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    U_tarded said:

All the Jeep parts.

Before the tires, but oh yeah!! That’s how I convinced my wife into me getting a Jeep.
    My man!  Looks good
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Stepped outside my normal dress wear and picked up a new pair of dress/business casual shoes.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Very cool, what color laces are you gonna get?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Legume said:
    Very cool, what color laces are you gonna get?
    Even better than velcro, they are slip ons!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Should have gone for the ones with more spikes.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Should have gone for the ones with more spikes.

I am not that confident yet.  A friend has their high tops full of spikes, but they are all black.  A little loud for me.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Stepped outside my normal dress wear and picked up a new pair of dress/business casual shoes.

Those are great.  Look like you could use them to play a round of golf just as easily as host a smoking party.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Dress code compliance for the new gig??  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yup, need to up my dress game. Have my first conference coming up in a few weeks.  This crowd is much more dapper than my last crowd.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yup, need to up my dress game. Have my first conference coming up in a few weeks.  This crowd is much more dapper than my last crowd.
    The word you’re looking for is Bougie……
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Legume said:
    Violation could be car outside, garbage cans visible or the visible satellite dish.  I'd write them all up on a strongly worded postcard.
    Got most of them.  I spy two more:

4. Palm leaves laying in yard
    5. Rust on mailbox

Car in driveway is debatable.  If it stays over night then definitely a violation.
    Turn your brightness up. It's right in front of you.....

LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TechsasJim
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bushnell Wingman View for the golf course.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited May 2023
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Not sure where to post this but I have received outstanding service from the BGE UK supplier.
    I had a warranty claim, or more to the point a small crack in the fire ring so I emailed for advice and before I knew it a new ring and a replacement grate was on it's way.
    Arrived today.  Excellent work from Alfresco Concepts over here in Blighty. 
    @The_Buffalo
    Ask them if they would ship @Stormbringer 's warranty replacement parts to Canada  ;)

Edit: remember the buffalo got overruled by the canuck moose, perhaps the lion can beat the moose into submission  =)

canuckland
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Love the capabilities of this. Speaker, rangefinder 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    paqman said:

That is awesome!  Costco near me had something similar, I can just imagine all of the uses.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Love the capabilities of this. Speaker, rangefinder 
    Also picked up a new Sun Mountain cart bag.   Club was having a 20% off bags/shoes for Memorial Day.  

But agree about the all in one unit.   I was getting tired of keeping track/charging a speaker and a GPS…problem solved.