Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• @Langner91

While I don’t quite know what’s involved in doing it, it’s always impressed me. Well done. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,003
    edited July 2023
    During a college Xmas gift exchange I got a 3x3/cube Rubic’s Cube, with nekked females on each face.  I already knew I couldn’t solve the damn things, and that I’d appreciate this little puzzle un-scrambled, so I carefully hid it away until the end of the party. 
    But of course some jackazz found it and scrambled it up.  One guy said No Worries, and set about to solve it.  He got it mostly right, but getting the center square to be oriented properly was an additional challenge to solving a RC, and he couldn’t figure it out (this isn’t an issue with a solid blue).  
    So, I have a cube with mostly-aligned pics but with the center quadrant mis-aligned, sometimes defying gravity depended on where the camera lens fell.  
    And that’s my RC story.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    I knew a guy who could solve one in something like 13 seconds. He'd have you mix it up and seconds later he would have it solved. I want to say the world record is something like 6 seconds? Absolutely crazy!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    ^^^ I was wrong. 3 seconds. Wow!!!

https://youtu.be/gh8HX4itF_w
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I am embarrassed how straight-forward the solution is.  As a kid, I lacked the patience to do it.  Back then (in the 1980's), the solution was in book-form that was frustrating to follow, in my opinion.  Today, it only required four 10 minute Youtube videos.

My Engineering team is a group of 20 Engineers.  Four of us are over 40 and two of those are over 70.  The other 16 are in their 20's, with the youngest 2 being 22.  About half were impressed I learned how to do it. The other 10 didn't look up from their iPhones as I told them today.  I guess kids today just know how to do it.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,130
    YEMTrey said:

Honda fuel pump?

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    YEMTrey said:

New way to get high?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    YEMTrey said:

my luck...they sent me the wrong part.....twice
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    It was crazy hard to find.  Fixed the problem though, runs like new.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Didn't buy but received as a gift.   Yeti 15 Loadout Gobox.    Great for hunting / range / etc.

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas

• We bought an Ove Strom in the winter. Wifey is still apprehensive (if not fully afraid). 🙃
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945

We bought an Ove Strom in the winter. Wifey is still apprehensive (if not fully afraid). 🙃
    Are you happy with the Strom? I googled it and this not so good review came up first
    https://www.manybidets.com/blog/ove-decors-integrated-bidet-and-toilet-review/

I bought ^^^ based on Costco reputation, couldn't find any reviews. I go with bidet seats because our dual flush American Standards toilets are still in great shape. This is our third bidet, had to return one to Costco, long story.
    canuckland
  • @Canugghead

Like you, we took the plunge (ha!) because when making Costco purchases, we rely on them to have already sorted out whether it’s a quality product. 

Was unable to find much info about the Strom model at the time of purchase, but a series of discounts meant that it was $400 off, so not all that much more than a traditional toilet. In our case, it was going into an “ensuite” (converted closet) and we needed to do the electrical work, so there were some other associated costs and logistical arrangements. Plumber-installed, so I can’t comment on ease of installation, but we didn’t hear any complaints. 

Happy with it so far, but I must say I’ve wondered how things will work out when it needs a part or repairs. Guess time will tell. My B-I-L purchased another, similar Ove model many years ago now and has it located in a high-traffic washroom on his main floor. I don’t think he’s had any issues at all. 

• Grillgrate is having a 50% off clearance sale on all their "seconds".  I bought last year and am very happy with the product.  The only downside is that they are a pain to clean.
    https://www.grillgrate.com/product-category/clearance/

South Buffalo, New York
  • Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations good to hear this brand is working well for your B-I-L, looking forward to ours.

Our Brondell manual one downstairs is the work horse. The upstairs low traffic Brondell electric unit otoh, although used only about 2-3 times a day and powered off when not in use, got wonky.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    @Canugghead

Like you, we took the plunge (ha!) because when making Costco purchases, we rely on them to have already sorted out whether it’s a quality product. 

Was unable to find much info about the Strom model at the time of purchase, but a series of discounts meant that it was $400 off, so not all that much more than a traditional toilet. In our case, it was going into an “ensuite” (converted closet) and we needed to do the electrical work, so there were some other associated costs and logistical arrangements. Plumber-installed, so I can’t comment on ease of installation, but we didn’t hear any complaints. 

Happy with it so far, but I must say I’ve wondered how things will work out when it needs a part or repairs. Guess time will tell. My B-I-L purchased another, similar Ove model many years ago now and has it located in a high-traffic washroom on his main floor. I don’t think he’s had any issues at all. 

Looks evil, waste of electricity and would double the water capacity of my toto😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • @Canugghead

We liked the idea of reserving the bidet for the ensuite for two reasons: i) I was concerned that if left on our main floor bath, which sees the most use by guests, it would confuse them; and ii) it seemed like a fun luxury for our little secret bathroom. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    This thread has really gone to sh*t.

it was teed up, had to...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    @Canugghead

We liked the idea of reserving the bidet for the ensuite for two reasons: i) I was concerned that if left on our main floor bath, which sees the most use by guests, it would confuse them; and ii) it seemed like a fun luxury for our little secret bathroom
    Plus, you don't have to worry about guests hearing you giggle when you are using it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Darn, Costco cancelled my order.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    @MasterC - those look incredible.  Marbling for the win.
    Always inquiring of new sources should you care to offer.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Local butcher here I have cooked for on occasion.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    Thanks and better to be lucky than good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    An alignment and new tires for the wife's car.

It's funny...last time I drove her car, about a month ago, I told her she needs an alignment. When the Costco tire guy told her today she needed an alignment, she had it in for said alignment within 2 hours. Marriage is fun.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Marriage used to be fun for me too. Then the kids came and we had to take down the indoor adult swing, then three years later you're putting up a child's outdoor swing. The juxtaposition of it all ..... 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,003
    99% efficiency, lifetime P&L warrantied, heat pump.  Ouch.   

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'