Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    My new knife just came in.

You found one!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001

=) 

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

You found one!
    Elementum 2 button lock? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • My new knife just came in.

Nice Boker(?). Makes me think of The Simpsons. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493

Nice Boker(?). Makes me think of The Simpsons. 
    Mmmmmm…Donuts.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Anyone tried these? Clearance at GWN HD, large 16oz bottles.

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

You found one!
    Elementum 2 button lock? 
    Yes sir.  Never used Civvi's button lock, but I really like it.  I've been trying to get one for almost a year, but refused to pay the aftermarket 2x+ markup.

My main problem is my daughter.  She wants it real bad, but I actually plan to use it as my daily 🤣

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Anyone tried these? Clearance at GWN HD, large 16oz bottles.

No, but it looks like you conveniently showed me how many are in stock at my nearest HD, so now, I might have to. 

For contrast, they go for $12.99 each at Capital BBQ, which is my Egg dealer. 

• Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations not me, let's just say HD app's geolocator is impressive  ;) 
    canuckland
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    I'm in the market for a new 4k Blu-Ray Player. I currently have a Oppo, but it's probably 10 years old and is never used.

I see a lot of people are using PS5 or Xbox gaming systems for playback, but I don't want to have to deal with a game machine to watch a movie. Ironically, I haven't watched a movie on a disk in probably eight years.

I make an impulse purchase of all the Harry Potter series in 4k and realized my player won't work for playback. I'm also interested in the supposed sound quality improvements that the newer disk have- it will give me a chance to play around with the new Denon 3800H and subwoofer I purchased.

Short of spending $1500- $2000 on a new high end model, can anyone make a recommendation for a new model that will support all the formats?
  • GregW
    I solved the dilemma- I canceled the Blu-Ray order- I will ride out the formats waning days with the player I have- since I never use it anyway-   
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    GregW said:
    I solved the dilemma- I canceled the Blu-Ray order- I will ride out the formats waning days with the player I have- since I never use it anyway-   
    I feel your pain, although I play my Bluray concerts/SACDs/DVDAs constantly (my 13-yr-old receiver's HDMI output stage recently took a dump, so I can still listen, but not watch).  
    I have three Oppos, two bought used as backups, as at the time there were no more "universal" players on the market (there was a rather expensive Sony out there last time I checked, but that was 5 years ago or so).  
    I don't think I have any 4K video material, although replaced my 13-yr-old TV with a new Sony this year that probably can display 4K (I'd actually have to check!).  
    I do need to replace my receiver :anguished: but then, like you, guess I'll just try to extend my Oppos as long as possible.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• GregW
    Botch said:
    GregW said:
    I feel your pain, although I play my Bluray concerts/SACDs/DVDAs constantly (my 13-yr-old receiver's HDMI output stage recently took a dump, so I can still listen, but not watch).  
    I have three Oppos, two bought used as backups, as at the time there were no more "universal" players on the market (there was a rather expensive Sony out there last time I checked, but that was 5 years ago or so).  
    I don't think I have any 4K video material, although replaced my 13-yr-old TV with a new Sony this year that probably can display 4K (I'd actually have to check!).  
    I do need to replace my receiver :anguished: but then, like you, guess I'll just try to extend my Oppos as long as possible.  
    Take a look at this receiver deal- I bought it on an earlier deal. Be sure and use the coupon code.
    AUGT1823
    It saves $700
    Gets the price down to $1,078.92 tax included

https://www.adorama.com/deavrx3800h.html?sdtid=16770686&emailprice=t&sterm=xldz4YTmixyNUPyVwE1AcVu2UkF3uZVPmwDj3k0&utm_source=rflaid62905&utm_medium=affiliate

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    GregW said:
    Honestly, nothing is better than the Oppo for standalone player.

If you want 4k+, I would get a PS5.  It has a lot of horsepower for scaling and stuff, plus all the audio formats.  And you can even play games when bored.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    GregW said:
    Honestly, nothing is better than the Oppo for standalone player.

If you want 4k+, I would get a PS5.  It has a lot of horsepower for scaling and stuff, plus all the audio formats.  And you can even play games when bored.
    Too bad tho that Oppo has left the market a few years ago and is not developing any more players. They still sell some old stock and will provide support and parts for existing owners.

When my Oppo dies I'm not sure what I'll replace it with since I modded mine to be a region free player. However, as long as DVD/BluRay disks are still being manufactured I'm sure there will be players that can become region free.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Gerber Prodigy fixed blade knife.   Been a while since I've had a fixed and heard good things about this one.   Just throwing in a load out box for hunts/camping/etc.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • WeberWho
    I have to admit that buying Amazon tools feels a little strange. I unfortunately need to swap out the clutch/brake pedal bracket mount and master cylinder in a few days. What I've read is that it isn't so fun. Easy to do when the factory puts it in before installing the dash. Not so fun now reaching certain bolts way under the dash and surrounded by everything. Someone recommended a 13mm flex ratchet wrench. I came across this set on Amazon. I had no idea Amazon sold Amazon branded tools. I tried looking around on who makes the ratchet wrenches for Amazon but I didn't have any luck. For $18 with excellent reviews I'm excited to try them out given the price point. I might need to grab the SAE version if they turn out to be an okay tool to use every once in a blue moon. I wouldn't probably buy it for everyday use but how many of us are using swivel ratcheting wrenches daily?

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    usually go to harbor freight for these purchases, amazon looks cheaper on these wrenches. my problem is harbor freight is right down the road and it seems i wait til i need it now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    usually go to harbor freight for these purchases, amazon looks cheaper on these wrenches. my problem is harbor freight is right down the road and it seems i wait til i need it now
    That was my first thought when learning I needed a 13mm flexible ratchet wrench. I've had some good luck with Harbor Freight tools that will get used only so often. I picked up a couple sets of flair wrenches through them a few years back and they were absolute junk. So I was a little weary of purchasing more wrenches through them this time. Harbor Freight wants $30 for a similar set of these Amazon wrenches. So I figure I'll try my luck with these as I have the time waiting on parts which usually isn't the case. 

Minnesota
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 500

Twin Liquor in Texas dollar sale. WP was 56, WJ was 55, OF 47 and UN 40. 
    Austin, TX
  • TechsasJim

Twin Liquor in Texas dollar sale. WP was 56, WJ was 55, OF 47 and UN 40. 
    That’s one heck of deals.   Never seen them that cheap in Houston area but I’ve also never stopped into Twin
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 500
    @TechsasJim - twin runs their dollar sale twice a year. You can get some awesome deals when it's going on.
    Austin, TX
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    I prefer the WJ Lucky 13 over the 10 year, but you made a great deal with what you picked up!!
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2023
  • @Canugghead

Curse you! First you filled my garage with Maple Leaf, then my pantry with BBQ Pit Boys’ rubs. 

I am super tempted. I have a Napoleon P500 RSIB with a burner mounted along the back of the grill, which can be used for pizza, but this would likely be much better. 
  • TechsasJim
    New pair of Walker’s Razor…dove season will be here in a week!
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2023
    @GrateEggspectations I redeemed myself with the free Anova container and Benzomatic TS8000, no? 

Seriously, this oven is decent and at a great price, even has L-shaped burners like the ooni koda 16. It's a no brainer, thank me later  ;)

Edit: someone posted his first attempt using this oven

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,489
    Yep- just kick the rest of us over Texas brisket prices...nice deal. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @Canugghead

My wife actually just ordered it. I actually think you’ve somehow built up a lot of credibility with her. 🙃 Thanks!