Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    edited August 2023
    paqman said:
    Received the power station that I ordered last week, from what I can see, after 4 hours running the basement fridge, it should be powerful enough to power it for over a day.  I also received the 220W solar panel to charge it in case of extended power outage.  It can also be fully charged with AC in under 2 hours.  Hopefully I won’t have to try it for real too soon!

Be warned, if you don't have AC that time it runs will be cut dramatically. (may not apply as dramatically in places where it's not hotter than a horny housewife reading 50 shades of grey at the Magic Mike XXL premiere
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,130
    paqman said:
    Received the power station that I ordered last week, from what I can see, after 4 hours running the basement fridge, it should be powerful enough to power it for over a day.  I also received the 220W solar panel to charge it in case of extended power outage.  It can also be fully charged with AC in under 2 hours.  Hopefully I won’t have to try it for real too soon!

Be warned, if you don't have AC that time it runs will be cut dramatically. (may not apply as dramatically in places where it's not hotter than a horny housewife reading 50 shades of grey at the Magic Mike XXL premiere
    Hmmm, so put it inside the fridge then?  Unless it's like s Tesla and cold kills battery life too.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @Thatgrimguy AC won’t be running if I have to use the power station but I don’t expect the house to be overly warm when I’ll need it.  I expect to use it once or twice a year.  Mostly when the electricity goes out after big summer storms or after freezing rain.  I can power one fridge for 24 hours or so on a full charge and I can get a full charge in the car in about an hour if needed.  I’ll need to test it but I think that I could power both fridges simultaneously if really needed.

Seems like a neat unit. Given we were without power 10 days last May after the Derecho, we went ahead and bought a new gas generator (at half price). But that’s a really cool option. Looks like a computer tower. 
  • paqman
    @paqman

Seems like a neat unit. Given we were without power 10 days last May after the Derecho, we went ahead and bought a new gas generator (at half price). But that’s a really cool option. Looks like a computer tower. 
    The derecho and then 3-4 days without power after the freezing rain back in April is what sealed the deal.  I started looking at the Ecoflow units a while ago and they were offering “free” solar panels when they launched the Delta 2 Max along with an extra discount and a “free” LED light/powerbank so I jumped on it….  This stays inside so no need for running wiring from outside.  It has a LiFePO4 battery so it should last 10+ years.

With two fridges and two freezers, I dread the day we get prolonged power failure like @paqman and @GrateEggspectations experienced. Touch wood!
    canuckland
  • @paqman

What were we thinking buying these things when we could just headed on over to @canugghead’s and weathered the storm nibbling pig trotters? 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    My sister Beulah had a bad case of pig trotters once. I wouldn't want to nibble anything that made her bum so red and puffy like that, but people need to test their limits I guess, especially during a storm 
  • paqman
    @paqman

What were we thinking buying these things when we could just headed on over to @canugghead’s and weathered the storm nibbling pig trotters? 
    sounds like a plan!

With two fridges and two freezers, I dread the day we get prolonged power failure like @paqman and @GrateEggspectations experienced. Touch wood!
    The freezers will probably be fine for a couple of days if you don’t open them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    As has been said for centuries, "There is nothing so overrated as a good f**k and underrated as a good $hit."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,003
    lousubcap said:
    As has been said for centuries, "There is nothing so overrated as a good f**k and underrated as a good $hit."
    Although, both will make you walk slowly for a bit.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,993

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,495
    Costco then
    New golf shoes 
    New golf bag

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    edited August 2023
    I picked up a sub for my home theater. Monoprice Monolith 13 In THX
    A cheap Chinese sub.
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=41496
    This photo gives sense of scale
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,492
    If that's cheap then I know serious audiophiles are way deep  into the $$$.
    Gotta admit you are gonna need to sell lots of tix to amortize that rig.  Weighs dang near as much as a LBGE.  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,130
    GregW said:
    I picked up a sub for my home theater. Monoprice Monolith 13 In THX
    A cheap Chinese sub.
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=41496
    This photo gives sense of scale
    Monoprice has some really great audio equipment.  Punches way above its vlass.  You are gonna love that sub, makes a serious difference in overall sound quality.  Letting your speakers focus on the mids and highs only will really open them up.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    edited August 2023
    I forgot to mention that I replaced my aging Onkyo 5008 receiver a month or so ago.
    I bought a Denon 3800H- it seems to be much better than the Onkyo for home theater use.
    I got a pretty sweet deal on it - 
    https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-x3800h/300609-new.html

If anyone is in the market for a mint Onkyo 5008- let me know- probably can't be shipped easily, due to the weight and lack of a OEM box 

• paqman
     i got rid of all my fancy speakers after getting a couple of OG HomePods… too pad they discontinued those.  The minis sucked, not sure about the newer full size…

I really wish I had come up with this invention. So simple yet so impactful.

Got a nice note from the owner thanking me for the order. Highly recommend for wing fans. 

https://get-saucebox.com/

53$ shipping in the GWN 🤦‍♂️

My cousin Taloola was a saucebox. I'm not sure what that means but someone on the bus kept saying over and over so it must be true. I've been watching her closely though, and nobody has dipped a wing in her, so we might be talking about two different things. I'm still watching in case of a tricky delayed wing dipping situation, but I'm so tired of looking at her sauce box, it's exhausting.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    paqman said:

Got a nice note from the owner thanking me for the order. Highly recommend for wing fans. 

3D print with food safe filament?
    canuckland
  • paqman
    edited August 2023
    paqman said:

3D print with food safe filament?
    Most filaments PETG/PLA are food safe, there is a lot of misinformation about 3D printing and food safety.

Here’s a study:

https://lt728843.wixsite.com/maskrelief/post/the-final-say-in-food-safe-3d-printing

https://works.bepress.com/MAThomas/1/download/

paqman said:

thats pricey but considering a 4 piece set of these cost me 5 mai tais at a chinese restaurant and showed up at home the next morning....... =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • paqman said:

thats pricey but considering a 4 piece set of these cost me 5 mai tais at a chinese restaurant and showed up at home the next morning....... =)

I have paid for many things in my life, often in some form other than cash or credit.  And I still use photobucket.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    paqman said:

I have paid for many things in my life, often in some form other than cash or credit.  And I still use photobucket.

some of us grow out of going home with free chinese cups, thefishwhisperer....not so much.  lets see your new dinnerware
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it