Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    We should subtract that tax from our healthcare insurance.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    dug out the receipt. the meal is 10.89, bacon upgrade for bacon/ranch is 2.19, upgrade m soda for lemonade, .80, tax at .97, totals out at 14.85. drive thru, no ranch dressing for a dry piece of chicken, slice of pickle and 3 half strips bacon. thats more than the local diners
    Don't complain, your tax rate is only 7%, try 13%  =)

so when in canada, we subtract the tax from the 15 percent tip...... ;)
    just make sure you don't ask for beverage refills after you settled the tab  ;)
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    edited March 2023
    Options
    We generally stay away from "fast food", but sometimes circumstances point us that way.  If available in your area, Arby's has an ok two for $7.00 thing.  Mix-Match: Fish/French Dip/Spicy Roast Beef, sandwiches only.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    We generally stay away from "fast food", but sometimes circumstances point us that way.  If available in your area, Arby's has an ok two for $7.00 thing.  Mix-Match: Fish/French Dip/Spicy Roast Beef, sandwiches only.
    I remember when Arby’s had 5 roast beef sandwiches for $5.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nothing against Arby’s, but hearing that name always makes me think of this reference. 

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    bought a tiny mc crispy sandwich today, med fries, and a lemonade for 15 bucks.........dont think i will be doing that again
    Dear Lord, did you buy this food in Iceland?    That’s extremely priced.  
    Just checked what that would cost here and it’s the same.  The mc crispy is $6, the fries are $4 and the drink is $1.  Add in $4 for tax and you get to $15.  

Not Iceland, just the price of tea in China.  
    How can the tax be $4 on an $11 order?  That seems way off.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    QDude said:
    bought a tiny mc crispy sandwich today, med fries, and a lemonade for 15 bucks.........dont think i will be doing that again
    Dear Lord, did you buy this food in Iceland?    That’s extremely priced.  
    Just checked what that would cost here and it’s the same.  The mc crispy is $6, the fries are $4 and the drink is $1.  Add in $4 for tax and you get to $15.  

Not Iceland, just the price of tea in China.  
    How can the tax be $4 on an $11 order?  That seems way off.
    junk fees
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

The squeaky droid gets the lube…
    Options
    $220 ($169 emergency vet fee + $60 for birdie oxygen) at an emergency vet on a $149 bird we have had for 1 week.  Bird still died.  Vet offered up $3k worth of tests and supportive care.  While I was asking them all the things that $3k covered, the bird died.

Two items that stuck out:

$540 for a single xray.  My dogs multiple xrays and an entire visit a few months ago was $450.  My horses cost $160 per joint from multiple angles.  This bird is smaller than a single horses joints.  When I asked why it cost so much she said she didn't know, it is just what they charge.

Next one was $200 for a zinc test.  Test takes 2 weeks to get results.  They said bird would either get better or be dead in a few days.  So not sure why they recommended a test that takes 2 weeks for results.  When I asked what they would do based on the results she didn't know.  Said it was just a test they could do and it was my choice.

I hate emergency vets who prey on people in distress.  I have been down this road so thankfully I wasn't bamboozled.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Apparently I just spent $3500 for a bridal shower for our friend’s daughter.    🤦‍♂️
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Apparently I just spent $3500 for a bridal shower for our friend’s daughter.    🤦‍♂️
    Does that at least get you out from having to attend the wedding?  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    That’s a lotta bottles of bourbon 
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @WeberWho
    @ColbyLang

I effing wish.   I was informed the wedding will be somewhat formal, yet outside, in a month.   Sweat box in the Houston area that time of year and I also understand there will be NO bourbon.  

I should write a self-help book based upon “Losing”
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s a lotta bottles of bourbon 
    Or one really special one that would be sure to appreciate. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @TechsasJim One could ask how you fell into that trick-sack but decorum precludes such an inquiry.  I would recalibrate my "apparently " meter/threshold ASAP. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @TechsasJim One could ask how you fell into that trick-sack but decorum precludes such an inquiry.  I would recalibrate my "apparently " meter/threshold ASAP. 
    Ha, Cap in all fairness the other family paid for my daughter’s last year—albeit the drive out for them was $750.   

Apparently my wife planted some kind of Shel Silverstein tree on a far away property I know nothing about.   

And Sage advice, meter is currently on the workbench awaiting a much needed tune up.  

• ColbyLang
    Options
    No brisket taco?!?
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    @WeberWho
    @ColbyLang

I effing wish.   I was informed the wedding will be somewhat formal, yet outside, in a month.   Sweat box in the Houston area that time of year and I also understand there will be NO bourbon.  

I should write a self-help book based upon “Losing”
    Do yourself a favor, don’t wear a wool suit lol. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    No brisket taco?!?
    Went to St Augustine for my wife’s birthday today, did something a little better than that down on A1A but hit Bucees on the way back. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    I see some free
    space in your vehicle 🤣
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    My first visit to Costco 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    MasterC said:
    My first visit to Costco 

Is that all you got?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @MasterC - when you can find them with decent marbling (like you did) they cook up quite well.  Brisket on a stick right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    No, I also got some sauce 

Fort Wayne Indiana