Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    And another recent siting yesterday.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• It’s a GN, or a GNX? Big difference as far as collectibility and value. I sure hope he’s not letting a GNX sit outside a garage. 🤭
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    It’s a GN, or a GNX? Big difference as far as collectibility and value. I sure hope he’s not letting a GNX sit outside a garage. 🤭
    I'll have to take a closer look the next time I'm in the area. My neighbor thought it might be when talking cars. It might be under snow at the moment but I'll see if I can get a pic of it at some point. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • When we picked up my GX460 a few weeks back we saw this at the dealer. This and its successor are a couple of my dream cars. They fired this thing up while we were there to get detailed. My son loves Mercedes. Man that thing sounds sweeeeet

I have a friend with a 911 Turbo S who used to race the 6.3 MBs. They apparently gave him a run for his money. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Finally had the guy at the club bring his cart back.  Been so wet down here lately he’s been keeping It at home.   He beat me there so It was already off the trailer   at
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,983
    Legume said:
    Jeeps, Subarus and Tacomas around here.  I don’t have any pics.
    A guy in my neighborhood has a 1961 International Scout. It looks every bit like 60 year old vehicle, and not what it looked like when it rolled out of the dealers lot.

It has the removable top and the fold down windshield.

I told him I would buy it, should he ever wish to sell it. they were made to compete with the Jeep, and did so very well.

Kind of funny, AMC started using the inline straight 6 for the Jeeps for several years, that IH supplied. The Bronco from Ford also came out with a very similar look, and actually changed the game. I will try and get a picture of the next time I am out and he has it uncovered. 

He still uses it to tow, and a daily driver. Pretty cool.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:
    A guy in my neighborhood has a 1961 International Scout. It looks every bit like 60 year old vehicle, and not what it looked like when it rolled out of the dealers lot.

I told him I would buy it, should he ever wish to sell it. they were made to compete with the Jeep, and did so very well.

Kind of funny, AMC started using the inline straight 6 for the Jeeps for several years, that IH supplied. The Bronco from Ford also came out with a very similar look, and actually changed the game. I will try and get a picture of the next time I am out and he has it uncovered. 

They were tough as a box of rocks!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    When we picked up my GX460 a few weeks back we saw this at the dealer. This and its successor are a couple of my dream cars. They fired this thing up while we were there to get detailed. My son loves Mercedes. Man that thing sounds sweeeeet

Newest AMG variant is now a flat-plane V8 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

Have a friend that has 2. One as a driver. One as a parts truck. That’s the biggest problem with them. They never hit “true” full production like the Bronco or Blazer or Jeep’s. Parts are tough to find 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Those old Scouts didn't have synchronized mesh transmissions (at least my buddy's doesn't).  You have to almost be stopped to shift into first.  Otherwise, cool vehicles.  I've posted pics of it on this forum in the past.
    It's like driving a fast tractor.
    It's like driving a fast tractor.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GlennM said:
    My neighbour just took delivery of this!

Very nice. Love the colour. 

My B-I-L’s F-I-L, who is an avid car collector, also got one a while back and really loves his. 
  • lousubcap said:
    Took me a while to get that the above is a Corvette.  Sweet ride and while Kentucky may not be known for much besides bourbon, horse racing and baseball bats-that ride is only manufactured in Bowling Green, KY.
    And as a side note, toothpaste was invented here.  Had it been developed anywhere else it would have been called teethpaste.   =)That caused me to actualy lol.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • lousubcap said:
    Took me a while to get that the above is a Corvette.  Sweet ride and while Kentucky may not be known for much besides bourbon, horse racing and baseball bats-that ride is only manufactured in Bowling Green, KY.
    And as a side note, toothpaste was invented here.  Had it been developed anywhere else it would have been called teethpaste.   =)That caused me to actualy lol.
    I see truckloads of corvettes heading north on I-71 all summer. Nice to know where they are coming from.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    lousubcap said:
    Took me a while to get that the above is a Corvette.  Sweet ride and while Kentucky ...
    ..........that ride is only manufactured in Bowling Green, KY.

Our main warehouse sits where they used to be manufactured......until 1981 when GM moved the line from St. Louis to Bowling Green.  They tore down that part of the factory, but anything from us that ships outside of STL, passes through what used to be a GM plant until the late 80s.  Was just little sedans at that point.......now they build pickup trucks and vans about an hour west in the plant they built to replace the aging one.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    Dress up Camaro 

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColbyLang said:
    They pushed the Bronco back again.  That thing better be Focking awesome, if they made us wait this long and it is a turd, that will be hard to forgive!
    The new Defender is a turd based on every buyer review given. Will be interesting to see if Ford can actually produce the Bronco to compete with the Jeep products. Also heard Jeep dropping a V8 option into the Wranglers and Gladiators 
    All Land Rovers are status symbols.  Insofar as your ownership tells the world you:

1. Have money to burn
    2. Do not subscribe to product reviews
    3. Have plenty of leisure time to spend trying to find alternatives to arriving at your destination
    4. Enjoy hanging out at the dealership
    5. Don't care about resale and residual value (see number 1 above)
    6. Do not mind oil stains in driveway or garage
    7. Want to one-up your neighbor with Audi A8 or BMW 7 series sedan
    8. Miss Lucas electronics
    9. Are are hopelessly romantic vehicular Anglophiles

Proper Land Rovers are good vehicles, infinitely repairable and bullet proof residuals. All of the posh versions (Disco / Range Rover / new Defender) are too complicated and unreliable (jury's out on the new Defender reliability, but seems likely to be poor).
  • nolaegghead
    We only get the fancy stuff that breaks down in the states.
    edited April 2021
    Neighbour just refinished his entire ride. Even the rims!

• nolaegghead
    Does it do 185?
    dmourati Posts: 1,261
    Turo'd this 911 GTS last weekend. Fun.

Mountain View, CA
  • dmourati said:
    Turo'd this 911 GTS last weekend. Fun.

When in my early 20s and having dinner at a client of my wife’s - and meeting him for the first time -  he let me take a rip in his 911 Turbo S. Quite a thrill.