Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @nolaegghead - well played right there.  Spring brings the enjoyment.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,261
    edited April 2021
    Re: 911s, I've been a (mostly) life long fan. In HS, I had a friend who's dad was a doctor. Friend was a year or so younger than me. My dad had a **** Dodge omni stick. Dr. Dad wanted his son to learn how to drive a stick on a car other than his 911 Carrera 4s. Dr Dad made me a proposition: teach my son how to drive stick, I'll teach you how to drive a Porsche. My friend passed his drivers test, got his license, and true to his word, the dad sent him over with the 911 one day and handed me the keys. Pretty cool for a 16 year old kid.

Mountain View, CA
  • Recently we were traveling on a toll road in North Dallas and suddenly were surrounded by around 60 super cars. Don't remember them all but there was around 10 Lamborghinis, 10 mclarens, 10 ferraris, 5 Z06 Corvettes,a few Porsche GT3s, a couple Bugatti's, and a couple Aston Martins. The rest I can't remember. My son about had a heart attack and me 2 but for a different reason(not wanting to cause a pileup of $15M in super cars) It was some club that I guess travels the country and actually DRIVES the cars. 

Great visuals and description. Wow. 
  • The beasts are awakening.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    I've seen a couple 570's around but my first 720 in person. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    Beauty. Bet it didn’t stay in your rear view for long. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    Beauty. Bet it didn’t stay in your rear view for long. 
    You would think but It was the complete opposite. I might not be the best at following the posted speed limit but I had to slow way down for him to catch up. He was babying it. A couple guys in business suits. I have to admit it looks way better in person then it does online. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021
    Toss up between Mclaren 720S, P1, or any Koenigsegg for my dream car.

720S almost seems attainable.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    Toss up between Mclaren 720S, P1, or any  is my Koenigsegg for my dream car.

720S almost seems attainable.
    I wouldn't turn down a 2008 Koenigsegg CCX in a 6 speed manual transmission if anyone was offering.  ;)

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• WeberWho

Any idea what's behind it? Volvo?

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

It looks like it could be a Volvo 1800ES

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

Looked like a british sports car of some sort.  There were 3 parked next to each other earlier.  That orange one, a blue one, and a green one.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

Looked like a british sports car of some sort.  There were 3 parked next to each other earlier.  That orange one, a blue one, and a green one.

My guess would be a 1972 Volvo 1800ES. Just with the shape and lines of the door and handle location. 

I could be way off. I don't know my Volvo's very well....

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My guess would be a 1972 Volvo 1800ES. Just with the shape and lines of the door and handle location. 

I didn't know anyone knew Volvos.  I always thought their first car was the 90s square wagon look.  These older ones are pretty sweet looking.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I didn't know anyone knew Volvos.  I always thought their first car was the 90s square wagon look.  These older ones are pretty sweet looking.
    I remember reading an article years ago about a guy and his Volvo. Unfortunately the guy has passed since but he managed to put on over 3 million miles on his 60's Volvo. I must have subliminally remembered the car as I also think of a 90's wagon for Volvo.

I never had much love for the 90's Volvo's as a kid but those things are super cool to me nowadays. Especially the Volvo 850R in manual. As cars get more round, swoopy, and essentially all start to look the same, there is no mistaking a 90's Volvo box station wagon. The basic box design has become better and better looking as time has gone on. To me anyways....

Minnesota
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 899
    Certainly not exotic, but I had no idea that Lamborghini made tractors.

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • WeberWho
    OhioEgger said:

I believe Lamborghini started out as a tractor company if I'm not mistaking. Neat to see that they're still a tractor company. 

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,568
    OhioEgger said:

Dutch dairy farmer?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 899
    alaskanassasin said:
    Dutch dairy farmer?
    Belgian hop farmer.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    WeberWho said:
    OhioEgger said:

I believe Lamborghini started out as a tractor company if I'm not mistaking. Neat to see that they're still a tractor company. 
    They made tractors first. Mr Lamborghini got into an argument with Enzo about the quality of his cars and started making his own.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,568
    edited May 2021
    It kinda looks like a agco, not that anyone cares. After a quick search it was possibly a re badged Heston, possibly sold in lambo, heston, duetz, fiat, white and agco colors.  Much like Case and New Holland, or Agco and Challenger today.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    corvettes are pretty much a dime a dozen but last week there was this long legged blonde pumping gas with a license plate that read sycho... pretty exotic
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    corvettes are pretty much a dime a dozen but last week there was this long legged blonde pumping gas with a license plate that read sycho... pretty exotic

Had one that was hotter than a $2 pistol!

Clinton, Iowa
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    WeberWho said:
    Dress up Camaro 

I saw one these last week. I believe it is an improvement.