Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Cornholio said:
    Lambo cop car spotted near my office. 

@Battleborn: You should make a case for one of these!

Any department that does something like that should be defunded. We get our a$$ handed to us if we scratch our 2010 explorers with a 150k, duct taped interior and spotlights held on with zip ties. I can only imagine what would happen if I even looked at that thing. 

Even if that Lambo was a seizure, it costs a fortune to maintain.  Not a great fleet vehicle when you're at city hall trying to justify your budget.
    edited December 2020
    Sorry,removed to not blow up this awesome thread.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • @Battleborn maybe a drug seizure? Regardless tires and maintenance on the lambo would be outrageous
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Cornholio said:

Any department that does something like that should be defunded. We get our a$$ handed to us if we scratch our 2010 explorers with a 150k, duct taped interior and spotlights held on with zip ties. I can only imagine what would happen if I even looked at that thing. 
    It’s not an actual in service police car nor does the city maintain it at all. A local sponsor just wraps their car to let the police department use for promotional and charity events. 
  • Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

It’s not an actual in service police car nor does the city maintain it at all. A local sponsor just wraps their car to let the police department use for promotional and charity events. 
    Worth it for the 180mph runs the owner gets to do now!
  • Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

That makes sense.  The only cops I've ever seen driving a supercar were working undercover on the vice squad in Miami.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

That makes sense.  The only cops I've ever seen driving a supercar were working undercover on the vice squad in Miami.  
    Beware the unmarked corvettes on I40 sir. They like German cars that go fast.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,406
    edited December 2020
    thetrim said:

@thetrim

I'm on my second one.  I've heard rumors that Ford is thinking of producing them again.  I'm crossing my fingers that they will and there will be a diesel option.   GM botched the 3/4 ton suburban by not offering a diesel IMO.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,332
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

That makes sense, however, there are plenty of departments that show off their seizures. Which I find pretty stupid. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    I have a very bad habit of scanning the auctions on Bringatrailer.com!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    kl8ton said:
    thetrim said:

@thetrim

I'm on my second one.  I've heard rumors that Ford is thinking of producing them again.  I'm crossing my fingers that they will and there will be a diesel option.   GM botched the 3/4 ton suburban by not offering a diesel IMO.
    Keep hearing that too......would order one in a heartbeat as I don't like the new Expedition.

GM discontinued the 3/4 ton Suburbans about 5-6 years ago, then the 1-ton last year--can't even order them for fleet sales anymore.

GMC just opened up ordering a 3.0lt duramax on the Yukons......it was only available on the Escalade as of a few weeks ago.  Haven't seen it unlocked for the Suburban yet, but I'm going to run by the GMC dealer later this week with my dad and look at the Denali XL.  MPG is about 27, but gotta take the DEF and higher diesel price to see if that's gonna save money.

I've always wondered why Dodge didn't make a full size SUV.  I've seen coach builders do it with Ram bodies.  They look bad ass.

• Sheldon_Nigel
    Sheldon_Nigel Posts: 173
    edited December 2020
    kl8ton said:
    thetrim said:

@thetrim

Keep hearing that too......would order one in a heartbeat as I don't like the new Expedition.

GM discontinued the 3/4 ton Suburbans about 5-6 years ago, then the 1-ton last year--can't even order them for fleet sales anymore.

GMC just opened up ordering a 3.0lt duramax on the Yukons......it was only available on the Escalade as of a few weeks ago.  Haven't seen it unlocked for the Suburban yet, but I'm going to run by the GMC dealer later this week with my dad and look at the Denali XL.  MPG is about 27, but gotta take the DEF and higher diesel price to see if that's gonna save money.

I've always wondered why Dodge didn't make a full size SUV.  I've seen coach builders do it with Ram bodies.  They look bad ass.

Occasionally in the Southwest we see full size Ram (Dodge) SUVs from Mexico.  Even seen some badges Ramcharger.  Really wish they would bring them to the US market.
  • They pushed the Bronco back again.  That thing better be Focking awesome, if they made us wait this long and it is a turd, that will be hard to forgive!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2020
    They pushed the Bronco back again.  That thing better be Focking awesome, if they made us wait this long and it is a turd, that will be hard to forgive!
    I ended up cancelling my reservation after my dealer called me and told me it would be 2022 before I would likely see mine show up. I’ll just go with a JLU or another 4runner

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    edited December 2020
    Cornholio said:

never mind - I hadn't read the subsequent posts of speculation.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,406
    kl8ton said:
    thetrim said:

@thetrim

The closest you can get right now that I know of is to have a new one built from a donor truck. 

2016 excursion

http://www.customautosbytim.com/9675.html

2020 F650 six door 

http://www.customautosbytim.com/F650XXl.html
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    thetrim said:

@thetrim

The closest you can get right now that I know of is to have a new one built from a donor truck. 

2016 excursion

http://www.customautosbytim.com/9675.html

2020 F650 six door 

http://www.customautosbytim.com/F650XXl.html

i like the looks of that 650, but my 650 is absolutely the worst truck ive ever driven in snow
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Funny, a guy at the club tows his Porsche golf cart (you read that right) with his Bentley SUV.    I'll take a picture of it next time I run into him, likely Saturday morning.

One neighbor has a Nissan Skyline (garage kept and I don't have any pics) and his neighbor has a 911 that's been modified for road/track (also garage kept).

I'll try to get pics of all the above this week if possible.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    edited December 2020
    A cool video if you have some extra time. 

https://youtu.be/32I0Qso4sDg 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    WeberWho said:
    A cool video if you have some extra time. 

https://youtu.be/32I0Qso4sDg 
    That was awesome!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    RyanStl said:
    It happened so fast there was no time for a picture, but this year I saw the nicest, rarest car in the wild than previous.  A Porsche 918 turned left in front of me.  Pretty cool because it was the same color as the lego version I have.

Most expensive car was at a car show a couple years ago and saw a Bugatti Chiron.  I was even lucky enough to hear it do a cold start 
    There’s a video of lebron passing some guys while driving his 918
    hope this works:

https://apple.news/AGFJIrCXuQOe9JLL8exKd3g
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,368
    They pushed the Bronco back again.  That thing better be Focking awesome, if they made us wait this long and it is a turd, that will be hard to forgive!
    The new Defender is a turd based on every buyer review given. Will be interesting to see if Ford can actually produce the Bronco to compete with the Jeep products. Also heard Jeep dropping a V8 option into the Wranglers and Gladiators 
  • TechsasJim
    @ColbyLang
     Agreed.   My wife is due for a new vehicle in the next year and she has (almost) always driven Land Rovers or Hummers.    The Defender seems to be a fail (not what we hoped for) so we are waiting to see what the Bronco looks like---when it materializes.

I will never buy another Chrysler/Jeep product.   Had to threaten Lemon Law on the one Jeep I ever owned it was such a POS.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Funny, a guy at the club tows his Porsche golf cart (you read that right) with his Bentley SUV.    I'll take a picture of it next time I run into him, likely Saturday morning.

One neighbor has a Nissan Skyline (garage kept and I don't have any pics) and his neighbor has a 911 that's been modified for road/track (also garage kept).

I'll try to get pics of all the above this week if possible.
    @TechsasJim - nice parking lot at the club.  Living the life for sure.  Hope you are able to grab some pics-I only dream about those rides (not the golf cart...) anymore.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    @lousubcap

Yep, they are living the life.    I just get lucky to be near them and know them, I certainly don't live life that grand.

I'll work to get pics of my neighbor's vehicles (the Porsche and Skyline) and those at the club.   The first time I saw a Bentley SUV towing a Porsche golf cart I did a WT...?!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2020
    ColbyLang said:
    The new Defender is a turd based on every buyer review given. Will be interesting to see if Ford can actually produce the Bronco to compete with the Jeep products. Also heard Jeep dropping a V8 option into the Wranglers and Gladiators 
    All Land Rovers are status symbols.  Insofar as your ownership tells the world you:

1. Have money to burn
    2. Do not subscribe to product reviews
    3. Have plenty of leisure time to spend trying to find alternatives to arriving at your destination
    4. Enjoy hanging out at the dealership
    5. Don't care about resale and residual value (see number 1 above)
    6. Do not mind oil stains in driveway or garage
    7. Want to one-up your neighbor with Audi A8 or BMW 7 series sedan
    8. Miss Lucas electronics
    9. Are are hopelessly romantic vehicular Anglophiles

• @ColbyLang the only Jeep I would consider is a wrangler. Everything else jeep makes seems to fall apart prematurely IMO 
    I take no personal position with respect to Jeeps (as I’ve never owned one; but I do love my B-I-L’s Trackhawk); However, consumer satisfaction surveys I’ve seen put Jeep at the very bottom of the heap.