Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    Porsche also has a history with tractors.  There are several in my area that show up at county fair tractor shows.  They are cool machines.  Some history here...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    But Saab made fighter jets, so >neener neener<!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Any idea what's behind it? Volvo?
    Looked like a british sports car of some sort.  There were 3 parked next to each other earlier.  That orange one, a blue one, and a green one.

My guess would be a 1972 Volvo 1800ES. Just with the shape and lines of the door and handle location. 

I could be way off. I don't know my Volvo's very well....
    I didn't know anyone knew Volvos.  I always thought their first car was the 90s square wagon look.  These older ones are pretty sweet looking.
    I remember reading an article years ago about a guy and his Volvo. Unfortunately the guy has passed since but he managed to put on over 3 million miles on his 60's Volvo. I must have subliminally remembered the car as I also think of a 90's wagon for Volvo.

I never had much love for the 90's Volvo's as a kid but those things are super cool to me nowadays. Especially the Volvo 850R in manual. As cars get more round, swoopy, and essentially all start to look the same, there is no mistaking a 90's Volvo box station wagon. The basic box design has become better and better looking as time has gone on. To me anyways....

The P1800 was a fun car.  My great uncle owned the only Volvo dealership in Central Florida when I was a kid and my grandmother was his bookkeeper.  She occasionally got to drive some of the cars on the lot - although she didn't really put them through their paces.  He died when I was 12 and within a few years his alcoholic stepson had lost the business so I never got the new Volvo I had dreamed of.  With that said, after my grandmother got unable to drive I got the use of her mid 1970's Volvo 240 series sedan.  Then in 1997 we bought a gently used 850 wagon.  Both cars were tanks that had extremely solid frames and engines but the rest of the car (A/C in the 1970's model, and all plastic parts) weren't as robust.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    Botch said:

They also made PLCs. Porcelain coated
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Elijah said:
    Botch said:

Programmable Logic Controllers?
    Botch said:
    Using Volvo engines.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_RM8
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,605
    OhioEgger said:
    Botch said:
    Using Volvo engines.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_RM8
    Actually the current engine that their Gripen fighter uses is a GE 414. Volvo may have made a few modifications. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Nice car sighted under tragic circumstances, happened about 10 km north of us. Not safe even when playing on your own driveway  :o
    https://www.cp24.com/news/brother-and-sister-die-after-being-struck-by-vehicle-in-vaughan-teen-driver-faces-upgraded-charges-1.5430939

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,484
    @Canugghead - I could have gone the rest of my life w/o reading that.  Words aren't  enough...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @lousubcap Indeed. Sadly two similar horrific incidents happened in our neck of the woods in recent years...
    Viewer discretion advised... Google on marco muzzo; also Karolina Ciasullo.
    Apology to OP for side tracking.
    canuckland
  • @lousubcap Indeed. Sadly two similar horrific incidents happened in our neck of the woods in recent years...
    Viewer discretion advised... Google on marco muzzo; also Karolina Ciasullo.
    Apology to OP for side tracking.
    Having two kids just a bit younger than those in the story, I couldn’t imagine. They play in the driveway nightly. 

That Muzzo case gets a lot of media attention. Tragic for everyone involved. 

Not to take everyone deeper into the dumps here, but I recently heard that one of my neighbours (one street over) are the parents of the young man who died at the Ottawa Exhibition a few years back when he was propelled from a reverse bungee ride due to a malfunction/modification. Some people lead tough lives. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    Elijah said:
    Botch said:

Programmable Logic Controllers?
    Correct. It was on an old hydraulic press. Not sure of the age. 
  • WeberWho

Must be topping off Arby's smokers for brisket.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    918?  That's a million dollar set of wheels
    edited May 2021
    918?  That's a million dollar set of wheels
    The 918 Spyder is one of the most striking Porsche designs in the last decade.  Amazing to see one street parked.

That yellow color does not do it justice.  The metallic colors that were offered are amazing.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• WeberWho
    NDG said:
     I keep seeing this beast in my hood 😳 
    Driving a 1.5 million dollar car in the rain? I like it! Pretty neat seeing a car like that not being some garage queen. 

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    I went to a guy's house in the Porsche club and he had one.  Also had a huge garage with a sh*t-ton of other cars, mostly Porsche.  Like maybe 25 cars.
    edited May 2021
    this is nasty too - guy I work with sent me this pic of his car in shop, exhaust on his lambo 😳 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,432
    last one - I keep seeing this little freak around 😂 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • WeberWho
    NDG said:
    last one - I keep seeing this little freak around 😂 
    Crazy. I was just watching YouTube videos on those the past few days. 

https://youtu.be/qe3nAFMhwnc

Minnesota
  • NDG said:
    Beautiful car, beautiful hood. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    edited May 2021
    NDG said:

knew a kid that was obsessed about peeing on yellow cars back in college.......would have freaked coming out of a club if he saw this. big fan of yellow vw's

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes Peeing

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Man o that has some big rubber
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    edited May 2021
    That is my favorite car to use in Foriza Horizon.  Love the looks and cartoony large wheels.  Tires are almost like certain exaggerated features on female anime characters.  I think they are almost the most beautiful part of the car. 

For those who are not aware, it is a hybrid powertrain.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• alaskanassasin
    That is my favorite car to use in Foriza Horizon.  Love the looks and cartoony large wheels.  Tires are almost like certain exaggerated features on female anime characters.  I think they are almost the most beautiful part of the car. 

For those who are not aware, it is a hybrid powertrain.

Yap they look like they would fit my tractor
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    NDG said:
    Now that is a rare care. Only 918 of them ever made.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • nolaegghead
    NDG said:
    Now that is a rare care. Only 918 of them ever made.

haha...that's right