Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - on one he!! of a roll.  Great cook right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Got a few inches of snow and a bit of a cold spell, chili seemed to be in order...

Looks great. Tell me more about that bread/cake
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    Options
    Got an update @lousubcap. Looks like it was a successful mission 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    @ColtsFan - Waiting for your assessment of that Heartbrand brisket.  Coming along quite nicely!  Enjoy the remainder of the cook and eats.  
    Unfortunately I won’t be able to make an appropriate assessment. I just delivered it, wings and a meatloaf to a friends house for his Christmas party. I’ll have to rely on them. 
    @ColtsFan - That is bringing top-shelf goods to a party as the caterer-no tasting included.  Impressive gesture and likely the quality of which will not be completely appreciated but I understand the reasoning.  You are quite the friend. Most excellent!
    Edit: posts passing in the ether!  Never a doubt!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Got a few inches of snow and a bit of a cold spell, chili seemed to be in order...

Looks great. Tell me more about that bread/cake

OK, short answer, it's a cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing.
    Longer story for any interested, for generations and for reasons no one can remember, public schools in this area (and others I believe) have on the lunch rotation chili w/cinnamon rolls.  If you grow up with it seems to stay with you.
    Normally we'd have rolls from a bakery, once in awhile we roll our own.  This time Angie picked up something new for from the market.  In my mind this is a cake but, was sold as cinnamon rolls.  Was good but not likely to buy again.  The chili was above average.
    *Note half that "cake" went to Angie's dad.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Posted in the OT  Pandemic thread but thought it may provoke some conversation:
    "Now that there is a vaccine, we need the "across the culture" heavy-weights to be queued up and media hyped getting the shot.  This will go far in helping convince many that it is safe.  
    First in line should be POTUS (aka Cheeto) as that will change the trajectory of the nay-sayers but I hold little hope of that happening. 
    I am current culture driver challenged but I'm sure you could get a whole lot of media and eye-ball saturation with less than 100 celebrities in all fields to volunteer.  Too bad it won't happen.
    Be well-"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Steve, you went to West Point?  I had no idea.
    Options
    Cool pantry too:

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    John has like 4 containers of oat meal in his pantry.  Where the oat meal at?!
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    "Now that there is a vaccine, we need the "across the culture" heavy-weights to be queued up and media hyped getting the shot.  This will go far in helping convince many that it is safe.  
    First in line should be POTUS (aka Cheeto) as that will change the trajectory of the nay-sayers but I hold little hope of that happening. 
    I am current culture driver challenged but I'm sure you could get a whole lot of media and eye-ball saturation with less than 100 celebrities in all fields to volunteer.  Too bad it won't happen.
    Be well-"
    Here in Nevada, I am among the first “tier” to receive the vaccine. I am a little hesitant due to the time of not knowing if there are any real side effects and duration of the vaccine lasting. I will take it though. The health department sent out a survey of those that will take it. From those around me, I would say it is close to 60/40  for those that will take it. We shall see how this roll out goes. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now back to my regularly scheduled pedestrian cooking:
    Gotta admit that this was the most tender flat iron I have ever had.  (Will be able to enjoy when I lose all teeth.  =) )
    It was a 2.4 lb SRF Gold (first time down that cut of their steaks but won't be the last-)

One for the money$$-

Went direct with the paella style fire bed-dome open and lower vent shut creating a full bed of lava. No cave-man.
    Stay healthy and safe-
    Nice Frank.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Be well-"
    Here in Nevada, I am among the first “tier” to receive the vaccine. I am a little hesitant due to the time of not knowing if there are any real side effects and duration of the vaccine lasting. I will take it though. The health department sent out a survey of those that will take it. From those around me, I would say it is close to 60/40  for those that will take it. We shall see how this roll out goes. 
    70 & 71 year old cple here.  Glad we're not at the top of the list, neither sure of decision to make on vaccine.  Thanks to all who give us some results to see before we commit...hope it works well for you!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now back to my regularly scheduled pedestrian cooking:
    Gotta admit that this was the most tender flat iron I have ever had.  (Will be able to enjoy when I lose all teeth.  =) )
    It was a 2.4 lb SRF Gold (first time down that cut of their steaks but won't be the last-)

One for the money$$-

Went direct with the paella style fire bed-dome open and lower vent shut creating a full bed of lava. No cave-man.
    Stay healthy and safe-
    F me, that looks good!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Longer story for any interested, for generations and for reasons no one can remember, public schools in this area (and others I believe) have on the lunch rotation chili w/cinnamon rolls.  If you grow up with it seems to stay with you.
    I'm glad you explained that.  The above was one of the more bizarre photos I've seen on this forum.   :o  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @masterc at least they’re being honest. There’s probably spleen in all sorts of shady processed meat. 
    @sgh thank goodness, I was getting worried about your eating habits!
    @JohnInCarolina nice view! Enjoy the time away. 

Fired up the large. Cooked stuff.

Made chokes to tame some nasty RFI. 

Pix in whatever order and orientation this thing decides. 

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blind99 said:

Not to worry my friend. I have been trying to eat better for a while. I was getting so fat that when I farted it sounded like two oiled sea lions fukking so I thought I better cut back. 
    On a side note, on Sundays I treat myself and eat whatever I want. I have lost enough weight that I can now fart The Star Spangled Banner in perfect key 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    blind99 said:

Not to worry my friend. I have been trying to eat better for a while. I was getting so fat that when I farted it sounded like two oiled sea lions fukking so I thought I better cut back. 
    On a side note, on Sundays I treat myself and eat whatever I want. I have lost enough weight that I can now fart The Star Spangled Banner in perfect key 👍
    You going to show off these skills at the upcoming Zoom session? I’m sure participants would be equally happy with hearing a live performance of “Glory, Glory Trumpelulah.”
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Congratulating @CPFC1905 on another weekend of a game well played by his team.
    Two good matches back to back invariably means the season's highpoint has been reached.  Whether that's a spike or plateau is the question. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:

I'm glad you explained that.  The above was one of the more bizarre photos I've seen on this forum.   :o  
    @Botch
    That puts me in some rarefied company.  Thanks, I think.
    This article touches on the history of the combo...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA