Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Meat loaf. 

Red plate. Swipe 

Edit: Hopefully you could sense my sarcasm. Looks good.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Good looking eats right there.  I love the Deadheads shorts.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Just lit the XL. Launching a brisket soon
    Got a couple bobcats screaming at each other tonight. Freaks the wife out 😂

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Battleborn When the description starts with “sourdough” it has to be good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @nolaegghead Ha! I was thinking about that. I was trying to decide if I could ever use my favorite knife again. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    From now on, no one is allowed to use "Chef's knives" unless they are a paid professional head of the kitchen.  However, we will grandfather in spaghettios, meatballs and ravioli due to deference to Chef Boyardee. 
    And, for the record, it's pronounced "boy-Ar-dee"; it's true, I saw it on the intranetz.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    This made me chuckle. Hopefully this fella gets the mental/drug help he needs. 

Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    Options
    This made me chuckle. Hopefully this fella gets the mental/drug help he needs. 

I bet that left a mark

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Been working on my home office setup.  
    Visited home depot 3 times. 
    1st time I forgot wallet. 
    2nd time I bought some old work low voltage boxes.  Drilled holes thru from basement into stud wall. wired up some Cat5e.

I've hated the 2 prong outlets in this house bought 3 prong outlets to replace (not grounding them).  I bought a 10 pack of 15 amp outlets.  Get home and realize I'm replacing 20 amp outlets. 3rd time back to HD.  20 amp outlets in hand and go figure out what breakers to shut off. You guessed it!   15 amp breakers. Sigh. 

Anyway,  I am making progress on my setup.  

I installed new bathroom faucet too. 

Productive day. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Wife’s brother brought over a frozen tri tip so without many options we grilled it frozen. APL style. It bled out more than I like, but it was still damn good. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    I like launching briskets late at night and letting the Flameboss drive. I need my beauty sleep. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations That looks killer. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Me too @GrateEggspectations, only I just let the vents on the egg take care of the temp control.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,267
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @SciAggie, @Foghorn

Thanks, guys. In truth, it was a pretty humble cook. A good foray into winter meals. Glad I added that sauce, as it provided good sweet and acidic counterpoint to the fatty and salty duck.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Packing.  We’re headed up to the mountains of NC for a week.  Not a vacation so much as a change of scenery, as the wife and I will still be working and the kids are in remote school.  We’ll be staying in a place right outside of Boone.  There’s at least one Q place out there I’m looking forward to trying.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Gagging a little bit. Why would buy this

Fort Wayne Indiana