Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Virtual Sausage Fest (via Zoom): Right Now!

2»

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That’s a lot of awesome in the dishwasher. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Bravo, sirs!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961

Most in the ice bath, some for dinner. Feeling pretty good about things right now
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SciAggie

“some for dinner. Feeling pretty good about things right now”
    Now that’s just rubbing our faces in it - no fair...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Sealing the deal and enjoying the fruits of your efforts.  Nailed it. 
    For those who may have missed the live feed @20stone and @The Cen-Tex Smoker worked their collective A$$es off to crank out the sausage and offer great running commentary throughout.  This was a process measured in many hours between Saturday and Sunday.  
    We were privileged to be allowed behind the curtain.  
    Many thanks!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    So bad a$$
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    This is how greatness happens - a vision, sweat, and follow through. You guys are great. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Nice work gents!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @20stone - that is an incredible write-up. Again, much appreciation to you both for the efforts, documentation and assessment.  That tops anything one would get from a "Cliff's Notes" summary and the results look spectacular.  
    I am confident you achieved a venison sausage outcome that will totally impress the ranchers.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    These are words I've never spoken but here we go:

"I want that man's sausage."
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    dmchicago said:

Out of sheer courtesy I am going to quietly pass on the lewd jokes. I am trying to turn over a new leaf, but man it is difficult sometimes. This is definitely one of those times  :D Slinking ever so quietly away now........

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    dmchicago said:

Out of sheer courtesy I am going to quietly pass on the lewd jokes. I am trying to turn over a new leaf, but man it is difficult sometimes. This is definitely one of those times  :D Slinking ever so quietly away now........
    I untangled more balloon knots than I could
    count today. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SGH said:
    dmchicago said:

I untangled more balloon knots than I could
    count today. 
    Y’all are making it extremely difficult for me to slink away. I’m trying to be strong.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sounds like it was a success. Wish I could have tuned in to watch it.

Glad you liked my sausage recipe. I was honestly worried that it wouldn't meet expectations.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:

Glad you liked my sausage recipe. I was honestly worried that it wouldn't meet expectations.

We were after a legit S. Texas venison jalapeno/cheddar sausage and it's perfect.
  • @The Cen-Tex Smoker - I’m here in my kitchen, staring at the frozen bagel I’m defrosting for lunch, and your photos there, and I pretty much hate you right now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Had the new (and properly seasoned) Argentinian Chorizo last night and it was delicious. Choripan for the win. Brushed bolillo with chimichurri and griddled it. Added chorizo and more chimi. Steamed the sausage for 17min then butterflies it and quick sears in the bge. 

Bombdiggity!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • 20stone
    Griffin said:

It is awesome.  The only thing we tweaked was increasing the jalapenos by another 2x.  Now we're at ~1 pepper/pound.

@T@"The Cen-Tex Smoker" - Nice work on that choripan.  It looks awesome
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

This will be my wallpaper for today. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 20stone
    Jalapeño Cheddar and Chorizo Columbiano Criollo going down

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • SciAggie
    @20stone Yum!
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,011
    @20stone @The Cen-Tex Smoker found a place in the UK that has those pigs, thanks for the inspiration. For our next pizza ... 
    https://bealsfarmcharcuterie.com/products/copy-of-pork-spicy-chorizo-salami-whole-stick-approx-350g
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• 20stone
    @20stone @The Cen-Tex Smoker found a place in the UK that has those pigs, thanks for the inspiration. For our next pizza ... 
    https://bealsfarmcharcuterie.com/products/copy-of-pork-spicy-chorizo-salami-whole-stick-approx-350g
    Most awesome. Glad you can get some seasoning on your food over there ;-)
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2020
    You are going to be happy. They probably had to add beef to get some meat in with the fat 😂