Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Virtual Sausage Fest (via Zoom): Right Now!

A couple of the forum all-stars, @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @20stone are on the Zoom session right now, giving a live demo of making four types of venison sausage and breakfast sausage (with pork) if people are interested.  We also have @bucky925 making some chili and @Buckwoody Egger doing ribs on the BGE.  Hop on if you've donated to the fundraiser!

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85354161744

To donate to the fundraiser and get the password, donate here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/egghead-forum-friday-night-fundraiser

Help us reach $5k!

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

"THAT WAS A TUCK!" - Rudy, probably

Living large in the 919

Comments

• We are taking 15 before grinding. Back at it around 3:30 CST 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • Clocking back in. Bout to get our grind on. 
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,529
    We’re watching you whilst having dinner
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com

• Ha ha. Currently shut down for spreadsheet maintenance. Should be grinding soon. Found a bug in a formula for the Argentinian chorizo. Fixing now then will get to grinding. 
    Doing meat stuff using formulae and Excel. Beyond awesome. 👍
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 3,468
    checked in... where’s the venison? Not sure...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,099
    Worth the price of admission right here !! Hope they are at it for a while , I've got to see this 
    Visalia, Ca
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,492
    Scales are not as important as these folks will lead you to believe...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,881
    Isn’t every day on this site a virtual sausagefest? In all seriousness damn I’m mad I missed this.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 5,744
    I’m really bummed. I was traveling to a wedding so couldn’t tune in. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. 
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
    caliking said:
    Scales are not as important as these folks will lead you to believe...
    I admire your dedicated aversion to precise measurement. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. 
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • We are going to stuff them all tomorrow and smoke 2 of them on the dishwasher. I believe the zoom link may be available. If it is, we will stream it. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 22,292
    @JohnInCarolina -see above from @The Cen-Tex Smoker about the Zoom possibilities as I don't think Sunday is on the agenda.  And as luck would have it, if this happens the timing will dictate whether I get to enjoy.  FYI-
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,243
    I'll see if I can't extend the Zoom session until tomorrow.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
    edited October 4
    SWMBO is looking forward to the virtual sausage fest. 😂

The talent has informed me that the fest will continue today sometime around 1 Central Time. 

Living large in the 919
    "the talent" ... is @lousubcap visiting @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @20stone? :D

• For anyone who cares we are going to go live on the OBR Fundraiser zoom to stuff the sausage and smoke 2 of them on the KBQ. We should be up and running in 30-45 min. Stuffing should be pretty quick (hour or so). I’ll post here before jumping in the zoom. 
    They're getting busy there in Austin:

Living large in the 919
    Looks like fun!
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,492
    I have stuffer envy 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    TWSS!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    Sausage fest is still rolling.  Drop in and give it a look!
    The sausage fest has stuffed its last casing of the day.  Clean-up in progress.  It was worth the time invested.  
    I learned a lot from this, thanks to @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @20stone. SWMBO was impressed with both of their sausage efforts and now wants to get in on the action.

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,099
    Awesome 
    Visalia, Ca