Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Truncheon to the noggin an option?  Probably wouldn't cost our health system 3 million dollars in medical bills.
    Rear knee kick takedown would have worked and likely no medical bills and no civil suit. But who knows, easier just to pop a cap (or 7) in his a$$.
    It does but if they legitimately thought he had a knife it would have put them in range of a deadly weapon. Besides that a stomp kick to the back of the knee stands a good chance of tearing the ligaments.
    Well a rear knee kick is not like a stomp or a vicious side sweep of the knee. You're not trying to break the damn thing. Bend the knee joint and it will fold under its own weight and along with a pull on one or both shoulders will put the person on the ground. Then you can stomp them I guess.

Training. I suggest they teach cops how to lasso and calf rope - that would be fun!
    Actually I had been trained in that exact technique but I don’t think that cops could add the elbow to the head that was the follow up. I repeat the recording said that they thought he had a knife.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Due to the various lawsuit settlements, he's now known as the wealthy snot-nosed kid from Kentucky.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Options
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:
    Truncheon to the noggin an option?  Probably wouldn't cost our health system 3 million dollars in medical bills.
    Rear knee kick takedown would have worked and likely no medical bills and no civil suit. But who knows, easier just to pop a cap (or 7) in his a$$.
    I would shjt my pants if I was in that position, let alone make an acceptable decision. 
    And this was actually my original point with all of this - that people tend to make terrible decisions when they feel threatened.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Due to the various lawsuit settlements, he's now known as the wealthy snot-nosed kid from Kentucky.
    Indeed.  We are a litigious society.  I would caution against associating winning settlements in law suits with anything like character or merit.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    There will be a Lincoln project Zoom call for the ladies simultaneously with ours Friday night.

JohnInCarolina said:

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    It does but if they legitimately thought he had a knife it would have put them in range of a deadly weapon. Besides that a stomp kick to the back of the knee stands a good chance of tearing the ligaments.
    Well a rear knee kick is not like a stomp or a vicious side sweep of the knee. You're not trying to break the damn thing. Bend the knee joint and it will fold under its own weight and along with a pull on one or both shoulders will put the person on the ground. Then you can stomp them I guess.

Training. I suggest they teach cops how to lasso and calf rope - that would be fun!
    And how would you keep control of his hands where any weapon would be held? This isn't a movie or WWE. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Indeed.  We are a litigious society.  I would caution against associating winning settlements in law suits with anything like character or merit.  
    Thanks for the advice.  You should get up to speed on what actually happened here - you seem a little short.  Of course, Washington Post, led the way, so I can understand why you'd choose to ignore.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.  You should get up to speed on what actually happened here - you seem a little short.  Of course, Washington Post, led the way, so I can understand why you'd choose to ignore.
    Ah!  That’s the JohnEggGio I know!  I was wondering where that dude was hiding all this time...
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,516
    Options
    Alan Strickland.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/24/first-covid-19-reinfection-documented-in-hong-kong-researchers-say/

Not good.  If this proves to be the norm rather than an exception, a vaccine may not be the light at the end of the tunnel we’re all expecting.  
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Ah!  That’s the JohnEggGio I know!  I was wondering where that dude was hiding all this time...
    LOL - I'm done, John.  Peace!  Have a great day!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

And how would you keep control of his hands where any weapon would be held? This isn't a movie or WWE. 
    That is the problem which is one of the reasons why I was arguing against it. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

That is the problem which is one of the reasons why I was arguing against it. 
    The peoples elbow off the hood would have been great
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options

That's how many days we have before the market crashes ... man this world is SOOOO messed up.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Lit
    Options

That's how many days we have before the market crashes ... man this world is SOOOO messed up.
    Or Trump wins again. You should have been on the forum last time. They talked all this same crap it was the best thing ever to watch afterwards.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I know right! People with foreign accents are weird. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Lit said:

Or Trump wins again. You should have been on the forum last time. They talked all this same crap it was the best thing ever to watch afterwards.
    Yeah, I have to admit, it's great entertainment ... but for real the world is pretty messed up right now.

Also, I'm predicting a market crash whether Trump wins or not ... but if he doesn't win, it will be worse.  Here's why. The markets are being artificially pumped right now.  There's tonnes of evidence to suggest what is happening is not normal ... especially with job losses and also economies reporting 30% dips in GDP.  I think the market is being pumped to help Trump get re-elected. Once he is re-elected (if he is) ... then they don't need to pump the markets anymore ... and they will probably need to let it go at some stage ... they can't just keep printing money (or maybe they can ...).
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    If you had a gun pointed up your crack, your eyes would look exactly the same!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    I know right! People with foreign accents are weird. 
    Well, we know that wasn’t the point, but it sure was strange, such a thick accent.  She doesn’t get much airtime normally, so that has to be part of it, she‘a not familiar enough and we’re just not used to seeing that from a First Lady.

Content aside, better delivered than the yeller from the night before.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:

Yeah, I have to admit, it's great entertainment ... but for real the world is pretty messed up right now.

Also, I'm predicting a market crash whether Trump wins or not ... but if he doesn't win, it will be worse.  Here's why. The markets are being artificially pumped right now.  There's tonnes of evidence to suggest what is happening is not normal ... especially with job losses and also economies reporting 30% dips in GDP.  I think the market is being pumped to help Trump get re-elected. Once he is re-elected (if he is) ... then they don't need to pump the markets anymore ... and they will probably need to let it go at some stage ... they can't just keep printing money (or maybe they can ...).
    Agree. I was actually hoping the virus would knock the markets down a ways quickly so we could hopefully avoid a long drawn out recession. As soon as this free money runs out people are going to be screwed and its going to be a bad one this time since the markets didnt correct when they should have.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:

Unfortunately I think you're likely right about a lot of this.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

That's where that calf roping training I mentioned earlier would be useful.  :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We can only hope that this thread is still alive through the election... when Trump wins .. oh boy!!!!
    My man!
    How ya been?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk