Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just something to remember from back in the primaries. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/04/kamala-harris-black-voters-2020-075651 Kamala is from California, a sure blue state regardless of the candidate. Just what does she bring to the table otherwise? I have been avoiding this thread but trim needed a little help.
    It’s true that she gives progressives heartburn. 

Joe does too. 
    And to some extent that shows that progressives are idiots.  Biden has the most progressive agenda of any candidate with a chance to win in history, and Kamala has the 4th most progressive voting record in the Senate.

Biden picked her because of their personal relationship (and her friendship with Beau), and because she is who he would like to see as the Democratic front runner in 2024.
    And to some extent...

all progressives are not idiots any more than all conservatives are idiots. In this case, there are truly “very good people...on both sides”. 

But, I’ll say it again: if your best argument is “the other side is dumber, more corrupt, hates Jesus etc” more than me, You have nothing to talk about. 

Why don’t you guys talk about the amazing things that are happening right now? All the winning? I mean this should be a mic drop for trump shouldn’t it? 

All you are saying is “look over there”!!! And that is the problem. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Seems likely that Harris will end up as President if Biden wins in November. Doesn't Biden standing down after, say, 3 years potentially give her another 2 full terms?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    @Eoin, if I remember correctly, Joe could serve just over two years and she could run again twice.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @Eoin, if I remember correctly, Joe could serve just over two years and she could run again twice.
    Thanks!
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    as in a few days past 2 years.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Luka Doncic is the best player in the NBA right now. 

Who?
    40 point triple double today again. I didn’t google this but I’m going to say that Luka has more triple doubles in his first season and a half than all Duke NBA players combined
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just something to remember from back in the primaries. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/04/kamala-harris-black-voters-2020-075651 Kamala is from California, a sure blue state regardless of the candidate. Just what does she bring to the table otherwise? I have been avoiding this thread but trim needed a little help.

Joe does too. 
    And to some extent that shows that progressives are idiots.  Biden has the most progressive agenda of any candidate with a chance to win in history, and Kamala has the 4th most progressive voting record in the Senate.

Biden picked her because of their personal relationship (and her friendship with Beau), and because she is who he would like to see as the Democratic front runner in 2024.
    And to some extent...

all progressives are not idiots any more than all conservatives are idiots. In this case, there are truly “very good people...on both sides”. 

But, I’ll say it again: if your best argument is “the other side is dumber, more corrupt, hates Jesus etc” more than me, You have nothing to talk about. 

Why don’t you guys talk about the amazing things that are happening right now? All the winning? I mean this should be a mic drop for trump shouldn’t it? 

I, for one, am tired of all the “winning”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Who?
    40 point triple double today again. I didn’t google this but I’m going to say that Luka has more triple doubles in his first season and a half than all Duke NBA players combined
    I wish I could get into the NBA.  It just doesn’t interest me like the college game.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options

Who?
    Nice try attempting to distract from the important discussions going on here. We may need more raccoon pics to get this train wreck back on the tracks.
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Who?
    All 4 of them?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,530
    Options

Who?
    Just finished watching the game on PVR, simply Wow!
    canuckland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Who?
    Just finished watching the game on PVR, simply Wow!
    Right? And Kawaii had a hell of a game too. Haven’t watched all season but 2 superstars doing their thing was really fun to watch 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Acn said:

Joe does too. 

And to some extent...

Ha ha. The Anonymous flag is perfect. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Who?
    All 4 of them?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy probably will be enlightening to read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Who?
    All 4 of them?
    Is there an echo in here?

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Who?
    All 4 of them?

The most notable play for both programs. 😂
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Who?
    All 4 of them?

The most notable play for both programs. 😂
    By far the best part is that it's the quintessential March Madness moment, so they replay it every year, and fans of both teams get to relive it. 

I can nearly hear the puking sounds from Kentucky from my house, and it is awesome.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    It doesn't matter any more.  We are all f.ucked.  If Trump and Biden mark the peak of mankind and Pence and Kamala are the penultimate.

We are so screwed as a society and probably as a world.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options

Try something other than wikipedia.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2020
    Options

It probably would, but your mistake was assuming he'd bother to read it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It doesn't matter any more.  We are all f.ucked.  If Trump and Biden mark the peak of mankind and Pence and Kamala are the penultimate.

We are so screwed as a society and probably as a world.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Discuss
    He also has the best looking mom in the NBA. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited August 2020
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    What does Mike Pence bring to the table, other than being a failed governor from Indiana?
    After watching (partially) two interviews with him on national news, just in the last two days, I have an answer:  The ability to dance around, but more importantly FLAT OUT LIE, to any uncomfortable interview question, almost to the level of The Master Himself.  Jared Kushner is right up there, too.  Holy hell.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    What does Mike Pence bring to the table, other than being a failed governor from Indiana?
    After watching (partially) two interviews with him on national news, just in the last two day, I have an answer:  The ability to dance around, but more importantly FLAT OUT LIE, to any uncomfortable interview question, almost to the level of The Master Himself.  Jared Kushner is right up there, too.  Holy hell.    
    Yeah and that's why I think predictions that Harris will mop the floor with him in the VP debate are incorrect.  He'll just dance around things as you've observed, and the modern debates just aren't structured in such a way where the opponent has an opportunity to really hold the other candidate's feet to the fire.  The moderators rarely push the candidates either, so I'm thinking the whole thing is likely going to be a big waste of time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Seriously - how is this thread still alive?  I'm half tempted to post my favorite bouncing gif and tempt fate here...
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Since we are all scr3wed and nothing matters, we should commit to one perfect cook on the egg before it all goes black. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon