Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Giving up for tonight, guys.  Tried to log in on my laptop, on the back porch, had to download a bunch of stuff, after 45 minutes got in but no audio, then no video, and finally no audio again. 
    Storm was brewing so I went in to my desktop, where I'd connected twice before. After 20 minutes, was told I had to update my Zoom software, tried twice, "Update Failed", and I'm tired.  Very tired.  
    See you in a couple days.  (Good to see CenTex's face, at least!)  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Botch said:
    Giving up for tonight, guys.  Tried to log in on my laptop, on the back porch, had to download a bunch of stuff, after 45 minutes got in but no audio, then no video, and finally no audio again. 
    Storm was brewing so I went in to my desktop, where I'd connected twice before. After 20 minutes, was told I had to update my Zoom software, tried twice, "Update Failed", and I'm tired.  Very tired.  
    We'll catch you next week man.  Sorry it didn't work out this time!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Wish I could join, but can't figure out time zones.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry I missed the last several of these.  We did a family movie night - The Sixth Sense, and it was straight to bed for me after that.  

We only have one more year of Friday night’s until we have one fly the coop.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    I forgot... Was going to do it. I often fall asleep before my daughter does when putting her to bed at 830pm. Woke up at 2am and moved to my bedroom..... Fun Friday night! 👍
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice to catch up with some of y'all last night!

Is that @bubbajack 's patio fan in the screenshot above? Did anyone bother to pick him back up??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Just an FYI...I am NOT sleeping. I'm having a text exchange with my bros and sisters in Houston.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    Your background looks like Freedom @lousubcap
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    How’s there’s not 100 people on these calls is beyond me when you review the variety of topics. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,390
    Options
    In the cold light of today I recall one more topic (perhaps it was after the note taking stopped) that was briefly addressed:  "Who will be the first female forum member to show up at the Friday Watering Hole session?"  No conclusions or consensus were reached and no odds were offered.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    These meet ups have caught my interest and keep thinking it would be fun to join in.  Couple issues prevent me, I'm introverted and have no camera on my PC.
    One I can fix pretty easily, I think.
    Yeah....going to Best Buy or Amazon are far from being effort free. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sorry we missed you. We could see you trying to get logged in then, poof, he gone. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thetrim
    Options
    Didn't Nola's hot blonde neighbor show up at a previous Friday night event?  I guess that doesn't technically count, since she isn't a member...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Didn't Nola's hot blonde neighbor show up at a previous Friday night event?  I guess that doesn't technically count, since she isn't a member...

You know that was a puppet right.....?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:

You’ll have to pardon Steve.  He’s been confusing inanimate objects for women for nearly a decade now.  Nobody’s ever seen his wife but word on the street is that she has to have air pumped into her in the winter months.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:

You’ll have to pardon Steve.  He’s been confusing inanimate objects for women for nearly a decade now.  Nobody’s ever seen his wife but word on the street is that she has to have air pumped into her in the winter months.
    Shots fired . . . . 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,390
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - If this thread gets any action from the buffalo then you need to fire up another with the link to the virtual watering hole unless this is a back-handed means of "declaring victory and moving on."  We will see how this plays... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    thetrim said:

I’m sure Brady can help a guy out and advise on winter pressures.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Has the @The_Buffalo been officially invited to the unofficial, non-sanctioned event?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Legume said:
    Has the @The_Buffalo been officially invited to the unofficial, non-sanctioned event?
    I have it on good authority that the Buffalo has tried, but JIC keeps giving them the wrong password.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    You mean it's not UNC ROCKS!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    I have it on good authority that the Buffalo has tried, but JIC keeps giving them the wrong password.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Legume said:

My Favorite Denzel
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    I have an inkling re: what the faux password is/was...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump.  Who's up for tomorrow night?

Lots to discuss this week.  In no particular order:

1) Pickles
    2) Best commercial salsa
    3) Consenting adults in the time of covid
    4) How the DeLorean is a comically slow car
    5) The questionable ethics behind the cartoon known as Caillou