Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Neighbor is going to the blueberry farm in Mims on tomorrow, masked and gloved. Not sure how he will clean the berries when he gets them home if they have been touched my someone asymptomatic not gloved.  
    You put the berries in a colander/strainer and run tap water through them. If the berries are cooked for jams, pies , etc it should kill the virus. 
    Just talked to the neighbor. That is exactly what he is planning to do. Going to let them air dry for a couple days and then freeze them. Thanks @Gulfcoastguy.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    One glove, touching his face... That's not how this works.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Florida man...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Good explanation, @HB and Welcome!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    @2HB great to see you back my friend! why not request buffalo to reset your password? hope all is well with you and family, stay safe.
    canuckland
  • 2HB
    2HB Posts: 19
    Options
    @2HB great to see you back my friend! why not request buffalo to reset your password? hope all is well with you and family, stay safe.
    Thanks! I asked the Buffalo weeks ago to reset my SkySaw username, but still no response. I'm doing ok, although working strictly from home has too many distractions, especially with the wife and kids around. I hope you are doing well - I stopped in at Dickson BBQ to get a few supplies a few weeks before everything shut down and thought of you.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    2HB said:

Not a race we should be winning.  I’m getting tired of all of the winning.
    Just so everyone understands what they are looking at with this chart...

We have all heard that viruses proliferate through a population at an exponential rate. Looking at charts of numbers that all fly upward in a hasty curve does not tell us a lot. So this chart shows the logarithm of an exponential function, which turns that upward swinging curve into a straight line. Every line starts a country off at 100 positive cases. The dashed lines show what a growth rate looks like if the virus doubles in the population every day (which is disastrous), every 2 days (which is also disastrous), every 3 days (which is bad, and what a lot of countries start at before taking steps to mitigate the spread), and every 7 days, which is much more manageable from a healthcare perspective.

The fact that the dashed lines are straight and the country lines are curved demonstrates that every country takes steps to slow the doubling rate of the virus (or that everyone gets sick and so the spread slows naturally), so the curve indicates a change in the doubling rate of the spread. Most of the curve in the US comes from New York and Detroit, which are now starting to slow down. Let's hope that other areas in the US don't take over and pull that curve up again.

Looking at virus spread on a per capita basis is not very effective - it is the pace of the spread that is of concern to a society because a faster pace stresses the ability to respond to the emergency. As we have seen, once a region's healthcare system is taxed beyond its ability to deal with it effectively, all hell breaks loose (supplies, run out, death rates increase, etc.).
    Exactly right, and thank you.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @2HB welcome back as near as I can sort out.  
    Thanks for a reasoned and insightful post above.
    Stay healthy and stay safe.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    One glove, touching his face... That's not how this works.

That's how Michael Jackson rolled and look at him now.
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Options
    Last Sunday the "Ebola Czar" under President Obama was interviewed on one of the political talk shows (can't recall his name).  He was part of the transition briefing between Obama and trump regarding "future threats".  The #1 threat to the US they briefed was lack of preparation against a pandemic.  In the gentleman's words, if it didn't involve "bombs, bullets, brown skin or muslims", neither bolton nor trump wanted to hear about it; they were dismissed.  

We'll never know how many tens, or hundreds, of thousands of American citizens have needlessly died, all because of this man's arrogance, ego, and utter stupidity.  He owns this.  He. owns. this.  

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    https://youtu.be/MHw8E08Tivs

@Botch stuffs getting interesting down south.  This is pretty true of what it’s like here, but it fails to mention all the tourists camping out in the desert and the hotels that are still open.  I love this state 🤦‍♂️
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Last Sunday the "Ebola Czar" under President Obama was interviewed on one of the political talk shows (can't recall his name).  He was part of the transition briefing between Obama and trump regarding "future threats".  The #1 threat to the US they briefed was lack of preparation against a pandemic.  In the gentleman's words, if it didn't involve "bombs, bullets, brown skin or muslims", neither bolton nor trump wanted to hear about it; they were dismissed.  

We'll never know how many tens, or hundreds, of thousands of American citizens have needlessly died, all because of this man's arrogance, ego, and utter stupidity.  He owns this.  He. owns. this.  

Have you read “The Fifth Risk” by Michael Lewis?  I definitely recommend it.  He covered the transition team, and, well...
  • Botch
    edited April 2020
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    https://youtu.be/MHw8E08Tivs

@Botch stuffs getting interesting down south.  This is pretty true of what it’s like here, but it fails to mention all the tourists camping out in the desert and the hotels that are still open.  I love this state 🤦‍♂️
    That was very interesting, thanks for posting it.  Always good to see a local situation, through other's eyes... (especially those hit hard) 
    I'll be honest, I've only started hunkering down for the last six weeks or so, and wearing a facemask in the last week (in stores/gas stations).  The roads here have been cleared a bit, but I'd say only 50% (I've been driving daily, not to go anywhere, but just get out of the damn house; I'm still "sitting", though).  Still taking my twice-daily walks without a mask, although everyone I meet steps 3 feet to the right, as do I, so most folk here "get it".  
    Sit tight, folks.    

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    This is a group we are working with to supply face shields to essential workers. There are even a few private pilots using their planes to deliver them. 

Operationfaceshield.org or FB page Operation Face Shield Ann Arbor 

Pretty impressive for a bunch of people that don’t know each other, actually working together. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Article: "Why Smart People Believe Coronavirus Myths",
    Seems to me the word "smart" is irrelevant to the topics looked at.  Found it to be a good read.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

February 12 globally 1261 had died to CVD19.
    Today, 2 months later, over 110,000.

"Trump for his part spent the first weeks of February telling the country the problem is going away. FEBRUARY 10-12 at a governor's conference, then later in an interview with Trish Regan, of FOX Business - that warm spring weather would kill the virus. "Looks like by April, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away." "

February 12, in the United States and territories there were no recorded infections of CVD19. Two months later, in the warmer weather, it has not gone away. 

There have been 534,000+ infected, and over 20,500 killed by CVD19 in the USA today.

These are the facts. 

Stay safe.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    Just tried to convince my three year old that licking people will make him go to the doctor... 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:

February 12 globally 1261 had died to CVD19.
    Today, 2 months later, over 110,000.

"Trump for his part spent the first weeks of February telling the country the problem is going away. FEBRUARY 10-12 at a governor's conference, then later in an interview with Trish Regan, of FOX Business - that warm spring weather would kill the virus. "Looks like by April, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away." "

February 12, in the United States and territories there were no recorded infections of CVD19. Two months later, in the warmer weather, it has not gone away. 

There have been 534,000+ infected, and over 20,500 killed by CVD19 in the USA today.

These are the facts. 

Stay safe.

Since posting this earlier this morning, another 1,000 have died to CVD19,  just in the USA.

These are the facts.

Please stay home. Please stay safe.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Options
    My Mom, Sister, BIL and Nephew all live in Sioux Falls.  This doesn't give me a good feeling... 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Oh great.