Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Paid $11 to my group for the privilege of playing crap golf with them this morning.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • The Shun paring knife just arrived. Boy is it sharp!
    Interesting tidbit: Many manufacturers sharpen to an unsustainable level for demos and delivery, so as to impress buyers and potential buyers alike. This can lead to easy chipping as a result of the razor-thin edge. Not saying this is true of Shuns - I have no idea; only that it has been true for some very high end Japanese steel I have previously purchased. 
    Well it is for my use and my use only so there's only one address in the complaint department.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Big batch of beans from Rancho Gordo.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Acn said:
    While sitting at the laptop...did I just overpay for a stainless steel tervis?  Yes.  Is my daughter going to lose her mind when she opens a tumbler with Baby Yoda on it?  Also yes.  Would I do it again?  For a 3rd time, yes.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Picked this up at a salvage grocery store for $2.50/lb
    @nolaegghead Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,284
    Acn said:
    Acn said:
    While sitting at the laptop...did I just overpay for a stainless steel tervis?  Yes.  Is my daughter going to lose her mind when she opens a tumbler with Baby Yoda on it?  Also yes.  Would I do it again?  For a 3rd time, yes.
    Got a baby yoda tumbler for my little star wars fan too.  Thanks.
    Plymouth, MN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score. 
    Brother Cap, in his case it is not luck. It is unlimited money 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• what exactly is a "salvage" grocery store???? raw meat does not seem like a "salvage" item.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256

Just finished Craigslist negotiations for an older wood handled 22" Weber kettle, new never used, with lots of accessories, for minimal $$$. Leaving the house in 15 minutes for the just over an hour trip each way to pick it up.

Did I neglect to mention it's Red?

Wife of course tells me I've got enough grills already, but this one is going in the living room. She didn't say no....

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    Living room isn't so bad. I heard that guy from Boston kept one in his bathtub. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    Picked this up at a salvage grocery store for $2.50/lb
    Salvage grocery store? I recommend inviting @caliking over and letting him have the first few bites. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    $207 worth of batteries for the toys

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    womaus said:

Just finished Craigslist negotiations for an older wood handled 22" Weber kettle, new never used, with lots of accessories, for minimal $$$. Leaving the house in 15 minutes for the just over an hour trip each way to pick it up.

Did I neglect to mention it's Red?

Wife of course tells me I've got enough grills already, but this one is going in the living room. She didn't say no....

SonVolt said:
    Anyone own a Searzall? Thoughts?
    I put my 22” simpsons kettle in the attic. Told wifey I was getting rid of it when I got the PK 360 but couldn’t do it. If I found the one you did it would be in the attic next to it. Nice find post some pics. 
  • womaus
    Lit said:

I put my 22” simpsons kettle in the attic. Told wifey I was getting rid of it when I got the PK 360 but couldn’t do it. If I found the one you did it would be in the attic next to it. Nice find post some pics. 
    Pics maybe tomorrow. Raining like the dickens right now, and the ride back in the dark was treacherous for an old guy like me. Unfortunately, no original box and it does have a ding on the lip of the dome cover, some porcelain popped off. Not serious though.

22" Simpsons? Another Holy Grail item.

On the ride home I decided I'm going to turn it into a mini-bar in the corner of the living room.Those pics will come eventually.
  • womaus
    what exactly is a "salvage" grocery store???? raw meat does not seem like a "salvage" item.
    We had a place called Duffy's nearby many years ago. Sold damaged goods. Cans with ripped labels, slightly dented, discontinued items. Had a great selection of offbeat things, hot sauces, mustards, imported English, Scottish, Italian items. Sadly closed up years ago.

Then we were introduced to a couple of stores up above Keene NH by some friends. Same type of place. They always referred to it as the "Used Food" place. Great shopping up there.

Locally all of our major markets in the area have started selling meats at discounted prices, labeled as "$X" off the package. Maybe sat in the case too long? End of the weeklong sale? I've not determined any rhyme or reason to the availability times. Have found some great deals this way. We refer to these purchases as "used meat". We've gotten some odd looks from others when we get excited about a possible purchase.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    raw meat does not seem like a "salvage" item.
    Your town doesn't have taco carts?  :tongue:

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    TN_Egger said:
    Paid $11 to my group for the privilege of playing crap golf with them this morning.
    Bear or wolf? 3 putt pot? Details...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Dyson cordless V8 for my wife for Christmas.  I spent my lunches last week watching YouTube reviews on cordless vacuums and really wanted a Dyson V11, but couldn’t bring myself to spend $500 on cordless vacuum.  They produce some amazing air flow and suction.
  • Lit
    Dyson cordless V8 for my wife for Christmas.  I spent my lunches last week watching YouTube reviews on cordless vacuums and really wanted a Dyson V11, but couldn’t bring myself to spend $500 on cordless vacuum.  They produce some amazing air flow and suction.
    We have the V8 and it’s great. Had the V6 before and the run time wasn’t long enough. 
  • Lit said:
    Dyson cordless V8 for my wife for Christmas.  I spent my lunches last week watching YouTube reviews on cordless vacuums and really wanted a Dyson V11, but couldn’t bring myself to spend $500 on cordless vacuum.  They produce some amazing air flow and suction.
    We have the V8 and it’s great. Had the V6 before and the run time wasn’t long enough. 
    Good to know, I have hit the point in life that if I’m buying something that’s going to see regular use, I like to buy quality.  Guess I’ve always been that way, I just have the financial capability to do it more than I used to.  Best investment I’ve still made to date was my wife.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited December 2019
    Love our V8 for the convenience, but using the thing feels & sounds like dragging one of your kid's plastic toys across the floor.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • We had a Dyson, ended up getting a shark. It works great

Not cordless versions 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    LOL. I would be killed if I bought Anne any domestic appliance for Christmas.
  • We had a Dyson, ended up getting a shark. It works great

Not cordless versions 
    Same here went from cordless dyson to the shark corded. Ya it can be kinda annoying but it’s got way better pick up capability and we have a Siberian husky so we need all the power we can get

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• I get generic shark replacement filters on amazon, two sets for around $25 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    The Roomba and our cordless V10 does a good job for us. 
  • Eoin said:
    LOL. I would be killed if I bought Anne any domestic appliance for Christmas.
    Haha - this is funny because I had this discussion with a coworker last week.  We’ve been married 12 years and we ask for practical things for Christmas that we will use but may not buy because it is a “want” and we can make do with what we have.  My wife is also one of a kind who knows she can get the really nice version of what she wants if she asks for it for Christmas.
  • The Roomba and our cordless V10 does a good job for us. 
    Do you use both the heads or just find yourself leaving the carpet head on?
  • Lit
    A coach wallet and belt bag for wifey. One trip and shopping for her is done.