Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    @1911Man, I totally agree with what you said about IT depts, it's probably a bit worse on DoD systems with the extra firewalls and cyber attacks.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    @Botch
    We're not in the DoD space here, but HIPAA and other regulations apply. WE host a private cloud for use by customers (four datacenters, two in the US and two in Europe). 
    I used to be in the IT departments in different places I worked. Even made policy decisions at one company that removed the ability for [mac] users to install anything they wanted to. Basically, they were installing stuff that had a license cost attached, without purchasing the license through us. They thought they were above the rules (for everyone else) so we had to stop that. Especially after getting hit with a $100K + fine from a software company for being out of compliance.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • We were forced to do our monthly accounting within 3 days. We had to run the mandated kludge program through the remote mainframe in order to limit the license fees paid. Starting at 8 a.m. when the central office drones started using the network the ability to use the network bogged down to where it resembled a senior citizens walker race. That meant coming in at 5 a.m. or starting to process after 5 p.m. and doing totally unnecessary unpaid overtime. The accounting had to be completed by the specified day of the month wether or not it fell on a weekend or the contractors wouldn't get paid.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Love my IT dept.  they take their time with creating images that are optimized for our environment and windows or driver issues are rare.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Love my IT dept.  they take their time with creating images that are optimized for our environment and windows or driver issues are rare.
    And are monitoring your post right now.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    roof cap removed, ridge vent installed =) now to get the 600 gallons of water im storing outa the attic
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1911Man
    Just ordered a stipped upper for my AR10 pistol build. I had ordered one from Brownells but it's the wrong rail height (doesn't match the hand guard). So I ordered one that should be the correct height (low). Probably going to order the rest of the parts for that build over the long weekend. Might even get it ready to fire before the end of December. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • You guys complaining about your IT departments hit a nerve.  My IT VP at our Electric/Gas Utility was an idiot.  Couldn’t pour piss out of a boot.  He constantly upgraded our PC’s with crap upgrades, and choked down our internet till it was not usable.  I managed Compliance/NERC/FERC files, and had to go home and use my personal computer a lot of the time.  So much for VPN’s and Homeland Security clearance...lol.  Man I really enjoy not dealing with that a-hole since retiring.  And having a personal computer that works great!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    Just ordered a new KAB for the medium. I got almost five years out of the original one. Bought the dog bowl too. 
  • did you buy a dog?
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2019
    did you buy a dog?
    Oh hell naw
  • Just tried a 6 month subscription to BBQ Box. 10% discount code TG19.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    @DoubleEgger
    Hows the landscaping/retaining wall project going?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Just bought some Creekstone Farms sale brisket and rib-eyes.  Great eats await!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    kl8ton said:
    @DoubleEgger
    Hows the landscaping/retaining wall project going?
    Thanks for asking. Nothing yet. Contractors worth a flip are slammed. I don’t expect them to start until after the new year. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Got an email from the Roku folks telling me my first-gen box would no longer be supported (not sure how old it is), and right now Amazoid has the newest Roku Ultra for $48, so I boughted it.  
    I generally hate upgrading electronics, but the new remote has Alexa/voice control, so I no longer have to use that slow alphabet table/ up-down-left-right arrows; that's worth the cost right there!  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Got 2 outdoor nest cams for the Black Friday price of $228. Been waiting for a deal on these. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Been trying to spend money on Costco.com all afternoon. Their website finally just shutdown completely until they fix the problem.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    Stocked up like Elaine and her sponges...

• 1911Man
    Took advantage of Black Friday (online) specials/sales going on to get the rest of the parts I need to finish the AR10 pistol build. Aim Surplus, Tactical Transition and MAS Defense have sales going on. Brownell's has 11% off orders over $49 plus a bunch of things on sale. Sadly, I only needed two items from them, that came to just under $40 even with shipping. Just the dust cover ('ultimate dust cover) and forward assist from Brownell's. 
    Got the BCG from MAS Defense (NiB)
    Got the stripped low profile upper from TT (raw)
    Aim Surplus for the adjustable gas block, tube and stealth recoil spring setup (single item takes the place of the traditional buffer and spring). 
    Also saw a good deal on Amazon for another Instant Pot (8 qt). It will replace my 6 qt crock pot. I'll be using it in December for the next batch of chili. Basically, I'll pre-cook the beans in the Instant Pot them add them to the regular pot (on the stove) when they need to go in. It makes cooking the entire batch easier. Especially when I expect to get 10-12 quarts out of that batch. =)
  • Stocked up like Elaine and her sponges...

Is your last name Marcos?
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2019
    Is your last name Marcos?
    Probably. These are just some beaters for visiting job sites and bumming around.  I have more shoes than most men and a lot of women. I’ve got a thing for Allen Edmonds. I don’t hold a candle to Marissa though. 
  • 36" Blackstone @ Tractor Supply 199.99... 😁
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    edited November 2019

You are not messing around I’m a zero grand wingtip man myself.  Do you get decent life out of these?  I miss the old cole haans that had the Nike air soles but still had the dress shoe look. 
  • DoubleEgger
    U_tarded said:

You are not messing around I’m a zero grand wingtip man myself.  Do you get decent life out of these?  I miss the old cole haans that had the Nike air soles but still had the dress shoe look. 
    Actually I do get a lot of life out of these. The soles last a long time. These seem to be better made than a lot of the new super lightweight Cole Haans. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    maybe 3 times a charm with the new roof install. roofers came back and took out the hub cap vents,and installed a new ridge vent.  did they patch the 16 x 16 vent holes in the roof where the hub caps were or just felt over them? did they add the actual ridge venting through the roof or just add an unvented ridge vent sitting on top of the roof?  well its insulated now with 9 inches of snow with 10 more coming :o
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,501
    Series 5 Apple Watch for SWMBO for Christmas. Damn you, Costco.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• 1911Man
    5# of Columbian (whole bean) from Dean's Beans with a 20% off for cyber Monday. I didn't need to order today, since I have about two weeks worth left from the previous order... Added the 20% with the extra $5 off via points and it made enough savings to make it worth it. I'll vacuum pack the order when it arrives to keep it fresh until I'm ready to parse it out.
  • Cruising on Amazon. Bought a Shun paring knife, the new Michael Symone cookbook, and deodorizers to put in my Merril boots.
  • Kindle Fire 4K TV Stick for my outdoor TV and a Ring doorbell for the parental units.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.