Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Botch said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Can't believe I just watched a dude wash his car.  FML.

You're getting Old, like me!!!  :tongue:
    Supposed to do

Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2019
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Going to be calling my local BGE dealer on my drive to work tomorrow to get things rolling on getting a large egg. Hope they have at least one in stock and I can get it delivered before Wednesday of next week. I've got my medium sold (guy's getting it on Saturday). So I'll need to get the new one in place ASAP. Going to order up the Woo ring tonight and the Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can for it. Plus the Smokeware cap. =)
    You should of skipped the purchase of a large and bought the XL, as you will eventually move up to it in the long run.  It’s just the way BGE designed it to be!  It’s kind of a “destiny” thing, as they know we all move toward the “biggest is best” technology.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Magic Wand (sore back massager) lasted 1 year + 10 days, exactly 10 days after the warranty expired. Called their headquarters and they are sending a replacement in the mail for free. Great customer service! 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Not going anywhere near that one ^^^^
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'd like to see their receiving dept's no touch tools. Can't imagine what they do with returns other than throw them directly into a furnace. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    1911Man said:
    My new Rado watch...

It's very cool being able to see the inner parts move.

Now I'm just waiting for the call that my first Rado is ready for me to pick it up from getting it repaired (bracelet broke). =)
    Very nice. I bought a Rado in college and my place got robbed like 3 days later. Last expensive watch I ever bought. Is that band the ceramic?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Magic Wand (sore back massager) lasted 1 year + 10 days, exactly 10 days after the warranty expired. Called their headquarters and they are sending a replacement in the mail for free. Great customer service! 
    Failure Date:  Excellence in (misguided) engineering!
    Replacement:  Excellence in customer service.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    1911Man said:
    My new Rado watch...

It's very cool being able to see the inner parts move.

Now I'm just waiting for the call that my first Rado is ready for me to pick it up from getting it repaired (bracelet broke). =)
    Nice watch!!  I have a very similar Raymond Weil watch - you can see the internal, automatic components through the watch face and through the back.  Good taste  =)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    @Lit The bracelet, case, etc is all high tech ceramics. Just like my first Rado. 
    I expect to be going back to the store within another couple of years to get another Rado. Not sure what I'll get at that point, but I know it will be great. 

@littlerascal56 Most of the time I'm just cooking for me on the BGE. Largest thing I'll put on it is a whole turkey. Although the beef I cut into strips and smoke covers more cooking grate area (makes damned good chili). Maybe if I was cooking for more people, or such, I'd go for a larger egg. I just can't see needing a large. That being said, I'll look when I go to my dealer on Saturday (with cash form selling the medium going towards the new one). Need to have it on my deck for Tuesday so that I can smoke the whole turkey for Thanksgiving no later than Wednesday. Going up to the large means I'll be able to do a bird larger than 14# without worry.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Replacing some Darn Tough socks under warranty.  Gotta love em.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Festive undies for the season

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nothing spectacular, but I could not resist the price. Academy in Diberville has 50lb meat lugs on sale for 3 bucks. 

Batter box for 5 bucks. 

Butcher twine for a buck. 

I do not need any of this crap. But the snob in me forced me to jump on it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Egger
    Options
    Hmmm.  I need to rethink how I use the word snob.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SGH
    Options
    This was not on sale but I wanted it. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    This was not on sale but I wanted it. 

Bought one two years ago with all good intentions and haven’t gotten around to using it yet. Hope you do better. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Bought one two years ago with all good intentions and haven’t gotten around to using it yet. Hope you do better. 
    I will definitely use it. In fact the reason I bought it today I was in the middle of making jerky and my plastic gun broke. I make a lot of jerky for my youngest son. He loves the stuff. 

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    I will definitely use it. In fact the reason I bought it today I was in the middle of making jerky and my plastic gun broke. I make a lot of jerky for my youngest son. He loves the stuff. 
    I think it was a link you provided that Prompted me to buy it. I have a few toys I have to make an effort to use this next year. Enjoy!
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I have a lem jerky cannon also, it's pretty slick. I prefer whole muscle jerky though 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Options
     I prefer whole muscle jerky though 
    I do too. However my son likes the texture of the ground jerky. To each their own 👍

Status- Standing by.

• HogFather
    Options
    Lovesense vibrator for Petunia. I guess its Bluetooth. Gonna make her sequel real good 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    It has to happen the first time for a sequel

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Buying a new turkey. Forgot about this one thawing in the sink before going to bed last night. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TN_Egger
    Options
    shopping for a new macbook.  6 years old and battery is fading.  could just replace battery, but at 6 years old I think it's time.  where's the best place to buy?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i want one of these to catch my neighbor planting things on my lawn =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Woke up at our hotel that hasn't been updated since 1983 to see some snow. For some kids that don't get to see snow a whole lot, my girls were sure excited.
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    roof on the house started saturday while i was away, no notice. just had a talk with the contractor, wheres the ridge vent, why put back the old side thru the roof vents back in,  why is the gable vents not reopened, wheres the tin corrosion strips up top.......just some concerns and observations at this point
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @fishlessman I hope you have this guys attention, I am not impressed and it’s not even my roof! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.