Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,326
    Options
    rlew said:
    ColbyLang said:
    rlew said:

Nice ride! Love how they aren’t small pickups anymore. They’ve come a loooong way from being the 88 S-10 I drove
    Nice truck. Congrats @ColbyLang
    Thanks, I am ready for a road trip out west and try out those locking diffs and skid plates.
    My bad @rlew. Tagged the wrong person. You’ll have fun in that truck. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    The kitchen remodel is complete.  However, that led to more upgrades.  Hired a contractor (good guy) and he refinished a small staircase (hardwood stairs and trim) and is painting the living room, dining room and ceilings.
    Can't wait to be done with all of this and relax.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    The kitchen remodel is complete.  However, that led to more upgrades.  Hired a contractor (good guy) and he refinished a small staircase (hardwood stairs and trim) and is painting the living room, dining room and ceilings.
    No socks on hardwood stairs!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,750
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    No socks on hardwood stairs!
    This stuff has helped keep caliprince right side up. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    A new car’s worth of stone retaining walls and stone steps around the house. I’ve kicked the can down the road for a couple of years since we moved in. I loathe spending money on replacement/repair items. Build sh!t right the first time. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    ..... I loathe spending money on replacement/repair items. Build sh!t right the first time. 
    That's why I am still planning my patio/pool/grilling area. I'm going to have to do a wall somewhere, not sure where yet. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    A new car’s worth of stone retaining walls and stone steps around the house. I’ve kicked the can down the road for a couple of years since we moved in. I loathe spending money on replacement/repair items. Build sh!t right the first time. 
    one of my next projects is the retaining wall on the lake, who builds a house 5 feet from the lakes edge. i see all kinds of permits and extra expenses for that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    one of my next projects is the retaining wall on the lake, who builds a house 5 feet from the lakes edge. i see all kinds of permits and extra expenses for that
    Yuck, that'll be expensive and probably tricky. My wall I may have to do will only be a few feet high to separate some area. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The question is who buys the house?
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I just made a bbq rub collaboration. I had a bunch of bottles laying around with an inch or so in them, and haven't used them since they were low and not enough for a cook. 

Weber KC bbq rub, plowboys yardbird, weber dry rub, meat church honey hog hot, and some Southside market bbq original. 

I ran the weber KC  bbq stuff through a sifter to get most of the big sugar chunks out. 

It's pretty good, a little spicy hot with a great spice flavor that doesnt taste like anything I've had before. It's going on a Boston butt later today. 

I put it all in a big Tupperware, and as I run low on other rubs they will get added to continue this orphan rub concoction.  I got about 2 cups total from these bottles. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    The question is who buys the house?
    the asking price was extremely low and i went in 20 percent lower than that and waited them out.  This might turn into a night project next fall when they drain the lake
    fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    Options
    Tire work. Three houses on my street under construction.....and I have to drive by where all the worker mans park their trucks.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I posted in the wrong thread 

• fishlessman
    Options
    shingles for the roof landed in the driveway today, think they waited long enough. job was supposed to be finished weeks ago.
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,454
    Options
    shingles for the roof landed in the driveway today, think they waited long enough. job was supposed to be finished weeks ago.
    Just drove by a condo complex construction site. Crews were busy shoveling snow off the roofs so they could keep going on the shingles. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Replacement patio chaise lounges because the ones the wifey insisted on having against my total judgement have sh!t the bed in less than two and half years. SMFH 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Going to post the before/progress/after?  I hope so  I love projects like that. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    just groceries groceries but locating the pumpkin spice and baking powder was a bear.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Replacement patio chaise lounges because the ones the wifey insisted on having against my total judgement have sh!t the bed in less than two and half years. SMFH 
    We got some from ohana a couple years ago. Went with sunbrella and they are great. Take the covers off and throw them in the washing machine and they look brand new again. https://www.ohanawickerfurniture.com/
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Legume said:
    Being able to dispense ranch dressing from the toe of a stocking hanging on the mantle in my den is an innovation I wasn't aware of. But, now that I am I'm pretty sure I need it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,627
    Options
    Saw this at the grocery store last night, and I have a weakness for these things:

Between this and Twinkies Cereal*, I'm gonna weigh 400 pounds.

*(just kidding, I hate twinkies and don't do cereal)

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Boat winterization
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    More S&P 500 stocks for my portfolio!
  • RockyTopDW
    Options
    Just bought an iPad Pro.  This this is the bomb.  I’m actually glad that POS stole my MacBook Air!  He did me a favor. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,627
    Options
    Just bought an iPad Pro.  This this is the bomb.  I’m actually glad that POS stole my MacBook Air!  He did me a favor. 
    I've been looking really hard at those; I tried a Wacom tablet with my iMac, never did like the interface.  Are you doing photo editing with it?  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions