Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Anybody know where I can buy a $1,000 wagyu rib roast?
    They're everywhere these days.
    The difficult part is deciding between the 3X points or the 0% interest 5 year loan.
    For some, their is the additional problem of trying to get their money back a few years after they ate it cuz it didn't meet expectations.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    i would have just flipped the mattress
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    i would have just flipped the mattress
    Can't flip, only rotate. Not perch and rotate.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    $19
    Options
    Lucky, mine still says preparing for shipment.  Won't be here until next Thursday.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lucky, mine still says preparing for shipment.  Won't be here until next Thursday.
    Do you have prime?
    Options
    Do you have prime?
    I've been Prime since day one and my order says it won't be delivered until next Tuesday also.
    It may be that they oversold them and won't actually deliver them. That is what happened a couple months ago with the special woot had on ghee. Even tho they gave an expected shipping date a few of us here had their orders canceled at the last minute (stated day of delivery).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    My woot purchases always estimate a week or two delivery but I usually get them in 2-3 days.  Maybe I'm just in a good part of the supply chain.

Options
    A brick of .22 subsonic Norma ammo. Amazing how many rounds you can shoot when it’s raining at the deer camp
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Same, I’ve been prime for years. Hopefully they didn’t oversell but I’ll temper my enthusiasm just in case
  • 1911Man
    Options
    New MFP arrived today...

Old Xerox has gone away (given away to someone that's going to try to repair it). Win-win for me since he gave a hand getting the new one into position and carted off the old. :)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    @1911Man nice printer - lot better than my relatively new inkjet. When I told the fella at the Apple store that I wanted to buy a printer, he looked at me sideways. 

Guess I find more value in printing than some these days. Either way, nice find!
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Man, that’s tough luck. Too close to the sidewall to patch. Hope you find a decent deal
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,790
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @1911Man nice printer - lot better than my relatively new inkjet. When I told the fella at the Apple store that I wanted to buy a printer, he looked at me sideways. 

Guess I find more value in printing than some these days. Either way, nice find!
    @NorthPilot06 - I was dealt a harsh reminder about sales in an Apple store a few weeks ago.  After several years of pushing back against the remainder of the family and their allegiance to Apple phones I crossed over to the dark side.  A week prior to the deal I showed up with my dinosaur era android Galaxy phone and inquired if they could transfer my contacts and calendar (I would have xferred more but those were baseline).  Good salesperson assured me they could along with the required steps to make it happen.  I had the prereqs covered, demo'd to the rep and left thinking I had a chance.
    Week later, deal done-time to move the data.  Well it doesn't want to work-senior tech and store manager intervention (likely a programmed dance). So after several attempts I declared victory and told them I would be quite a spokesperson on my way out of the store.  Nothing like the manual recovery. 
    I should have seen it coming-haven't bought a car in years but this wasn't far off that experience.  Rant over.  Off Friday night LEO soap-box. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Tires

I would patch that, but I live dangerously. And I have a manual tire machine. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,454
    Options
    Costco had windshield wipers for 6 bucks!   I'm done with these overpriced wipers that claim to be better. Seems like every time I need them I pop in to a local auto parts store.... and can't find wipers for a decent price and walk out paying 20 bucks or more per wiper. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Costco had windshield wipers for 6 bucks!   I'm done with these overpriced wipers that claim to be better. Seems like every time I need them I pop in to a local auto parts store.... and can't find wipers for a decent price and walk out paying 20 bucks or more per wiper. 
    Sweet I need new ones. I’ll swing by tomorrow and see if they have my size

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• 1911Man
    Options

I have it fully set up for my laptop now. Made the IPv4 settings I wanted (I use static IPs for this type of thing) as well as changed the name to also what I wanted. I'll probably try to print from my phone later (my new Pixel 4XL :)). 

Even the test page quality is better than what it replaced. 

I also have tray 1 loaded with legal size paper and tray 2 loaded with letter size paper. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @kl8ton wipers are a rip off they used to streak but the new ones just fall apart. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    I'm in the market for a commercial pie dough sheeter.

I'm looking at a Somerset CDR-1550

Anyone have one?

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Will that do pizza dough? 

Edit: a google search shows it will. And is also way outside my price range for a cooking tool. Even though I have two eggs 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    @ GregW, why the need for a commercial sheeter? I own a bakery. I can offer you some insight on a few different commercial brands 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    well, that torch isn't quite as good as the one I had....little less power and no valve.  But still a good buy.   
    Options
    well, that torch isn't quite as good as the one I had....little less power and no valve.  But still a good buy.   
    Mine were delivered today. I've used the 4000 head in the past and it was a fine torch head. I never thought the 8000 was worth the extra money for just lighting charcoal. Nowadays tho, the price diff between the 4000/8000 isn't but a few bucks so the 8000 is probably the better head for any use.
    When my 4000 head died a few years ago I already had a BernzOmatic BZ4500HS Heat Shrink Torch head that I bought about 5 years ago on the recommendation of some folks in a sous vide forum to use for searing. Quickly found that I don't really like searing a steak with a torch so that head has just been lighting charcoal (with the occasional heat shrink gig on the side) for the last few years.

• GregW
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @ GregW, why the need for a commercial sheeter? I own a bakery. I can offer you some insight on a few different commercial brands 
    Please do. We had a Acme Mr11 for 30 years. It finally reached the end of it's usable life.
    Based on the luck with Acme, I bought a new Acme MRS11. It turned out to be a miserable piece of equipment. It had numerous issues, the worst was black grease in the dough.
    Acme would do nothing to address the issues. The machine was only 30 days old when the trouble began.
    I finally pressured the distributer enough that they forced Acme to refund them their money and thy refunded it to me.

I'm looking for a machine other than Acme, and I've heard Somerset makes a good sheeter.
  • GregW
    Options
    Will that do pizza dough? 

Edit: a google search shows it will. And is also way outside my price range for a cooking tool. Even though I have two eggs 
    Yes, it will do almost any type of dough, but it's really a commercial unit. They weigh over 100 pounds and take up a lot of room.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,400
    Options
    Smart wool base layer top. If I like it I might order more.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    GregW said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Please do. We had a Acme Mr11 for 30 years. It finally reached the end of it's usable life.
    Based on the luck with Acme, I bought a new Acme MRS11. It turned out to be a miserable piece of equipment. It had numerous issues, the worst was black grease in the dough.
    Acme would do nothing to address the issues. The machine was only 30 days old when the trouble began.
    I finally pressured the distributer enough that they forced Acme to refund them their money and thy refunded it to me.

I'm looking for a machine other than Acme, and I've heard Somerset makes a good sheeter.
    Are you solely sheeting pie dough with it? Plenty of “bread dough” sheeters would work in your application if so. Check out Rondo or Cinelli Esperia. I know a couple of smaller bakeries that use both. When we were less automated we had an Oshikiri. More of a sheeter/former tho
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,326
    Options

It says Fvck Daryl Morey :rofl: