Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Malbec vs Cab.  Decided to get both.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • bangor307
    bangor307 Posts: 139
    Options
    Yikes not a wife she's the third toy, house has been mine for 17 years. I'm a widower and have no desire to remarry!
  • kjs
    kjs Posts: 111
    Options
    Pre-ordering the new cookbook from the husband and wife duo who run Vindulge.com, Fire and Wine. I feel like perhaps they used to post here? Maybe I made that up. Anyways they have some BGEs, an offset, maybe a pellet grill, and probably other toys. I am not a wine drinker but I love their recipes.

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Wine-Smoke-Infused-Recipes-Pairings/dp/1632172771/ref=sr_1_1_nodl?keywords=mary+cressler&qid=1571765944&sr=8-1
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Some new reading material
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Just bought another of these, they are my favorite all-purpose propane/MAP torches, and the prices is cheap!

Probably one-day only.

Options
    Just bought another of these, they are my favorite all-purpose propane/MAP torches, and the prices is cheap!

Probably one-day only.

That is a good deal. Ordered two.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I almost ordered two, but I have one already.  I want the second for my new shop.
    Options
    New color laser MFP (multifunction printer) since the one I bought in January 2018 has decided to go sideways (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6DJQEQ/). Two error codes (062-380 and 062-386) and Xerox wants $25 JUST to talk on the phone about the issue. From what I've been reading, the repair could cost close to what the replacement will be. I am waiting for a reply to an email I sent to their support address requesting to know, exactly, how much to repair the old printer. But I'm not going to wait for that before getting the replacement. The replacement has a three year warranty (instead of the single year warranty for the Xerox). 

New: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QBR85G6/
    Also ordered the additional 550 sheet tray. I'll load that with letter and the 250 with legal size paper. Glad I didn't get the extra tray for the old printer. 

Pretty sad, IMO, when you think of what Xerox used to be in the printer/copier world...

Also got a new keyboard yesterday. Logitech MX Keys. Really nice. USB C charging connection (wireless/Bluetooth), plus it lights up. It's also Flow enabled, just like the mouse I've been using. Already have it set up for both my personal and work laptops. Old keyboard didn't do that (wireless/solar Logitech). 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2019
    Options
    A temporary egg home until I can build the stone one. Pizza oven is going on left side. Just haven’t unboxed it yet. 304SS

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    bangor307 said:
    Yikes not a wife she's the third toy, house has been mine for 17 years. I'm a widower and have no desire to remarry!
    Then I may have guessed right... =) Not that it matters-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    empty or full?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    empty or full?
    Empty, sadly.
    Options
    New set of hunting boots to finish my Sitka fear.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @nolaegghead Those are pretty slick. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Going to take the dive and get a smart trainer and a Zwift subscription. Going to the LBS tomorrow to make the purchase. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    I’ll SciAggie said:
    Going to take the dive and get a smart trainer and a Zwift subscription. Going to the LBS tomorrow to make the purchase. 
    I’ll be interested in hearing how motivating you find the smart trainer. I’ve looked at those before myself but never pulled the trigger
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @NorthPilot06 Yeah, we’ll see. I’d rather hit myself in the head with a hammer than run on a dreadmill or ride a trainer - BUT - they work. I ride in the cold - it’s just the short days that get me. I hope the smart trainer/Zwift environment makes it more palatable.  
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Yeah. I have an oil based trainer that hasn’t seen much use over the past year or so. 

But I’m competitive, so there is some appeal in a smart trainer. 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options

Probably one-day only.

Thanks for the heads up!  I need to do some plumbing and so I was in the market for a new torch, bought one!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    empty or full?
    Empty, sadly.
    I’ve heard of people putting a few gallons of water in the barrel and leaving for a while. They say it pull some bourbon from the wood.  Idk 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Every time I open this thread Carey @nolaegghead has bought or got given something which is going into the new premises.. I see expansions plans on the horizon.. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options

Going to watch my sci-fi movies in style
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Every time I open this thread Carey @nolaegghead has bought or got given something which is going into the new premises.. I see expansions plans on the horizon.. ;)
    Lately, it seems to be "big things", so he can play with his forklift, too.   ;)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Botch said:
    Lately, it seems to be "big things", so he can play with his forklift, too.   ;)
    One day we’ll be watching Hoarders…
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Just paid for a new mattress. Old one (just over 10 years old) started killing my back late last week. Made it to the store I like after dinner (they close at 9pm), picked out the one and was out the door in not even ten minutes. It will be delivered on Friday. Which is good since that means I only need to use the old one twice more before it goes to mattress hell/heaven/whatevah. Free delivery and 5 years 0% finance. :) I'll have it paid off a LOT faster than that. Just under a grand all said and done.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Just paid for a new mattress. Old one (just over 10 years old) started killing my back late last week. Made it to the store I like after dinner (they close at 9pm), picked out the one and was out the door in not even ten minutes. It will be delivered on Friday. Which is good since that means I only need to use the old one twice more before it goes to mattress hell/heaven/whatevah. Free delivery and 5 years 0% finance. :) I'll have it paid off a LOT faster than that. Just under a grand all said and done.
    Give the mattress a Viking Funeral.
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Give the mattress a Viking Funeral.
    Nah... They'll take it away ("they've come to take me away, ha ha!"). Besides, I don't have a good spot to do that in. Maybe next place since I plan to have my own range on property. :)