Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Is this from BB 2017? 
    I love how excited you're getting!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Is this from BB 2017? 
    I love how excited you're getting!
    Go Cats!  And I have a pop up.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • veewt
    veewt Posts: 50
    Options
    Watch this and try to hate GUY.  If you can be a vehicle for this comedic genius you're OK by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0liuzvY1g8E

• OshawaDave
    Options

He's an annoying gasbag, but, I don't hate him. He is predicable with his comments. I watch the show for the diners.......not his non-sense chatter.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    I like his style a couple different episodes I've caught. He's not in some half million dollar professional kitchen where everything is perfect and not a crumb to be seen. He just cooks and talks like you're average cook. I can appreciate that. He's humor is also funny. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,035
    Options
    All I know is that I have a very strong desire to put some garlic and onion in some olive oil and see what happens. 
    I have some evoo, garlic, and onion going right now.  I'm alone though, so curious as to what will happen.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Matty is hilarious. I stumbled on his show last year at Christmas and watched a whole bunch of back episodes on Vice. He is kind of a tragic figure but very enjoyable to watch.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    All I know is that I have a very strong desire to put some garlic and onion in some olive oil and see what happens. 
    I have some evoo, garlic, and onion going right now.  I'm alone though, so curious as to what will happen.
    Be sure to spit it out before the grind becomes too fine =)
  • Paul B.
    Paul B. Posts: 57
    Options
    I like him.  He is a good guy from all accounts and came up through the ranks and then became popular.  I am not sure everything he eats on Triple D is as good as he says but I have been to a few and am never disappointed.  Good post!!!

• roadie77
    Options
    Maybe it's because he's done about a dozen DDD shows in Minnesota, including two within 5 minutes of here, but I find him very tolerable. It's surprising because normally I can't stand his type.
    I think his production team is based out of Minnesota, which is why they're so many there.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I dropped Food Network a while ago. I will watch DDD if there is a free preview on but I don't miss it when it's gone. I hate the contrived game show format that so much of it has become. I don't dislike him but I also don't go out of my way to find his shows either. 

The one I do dislike, and I saw mentioned on here earlier, is Rob Rainford. I'm sure he's a nice guy but his fake enthusiasm gets hard for me to watch and his reliance on the phrase "these guys" drives me nuts. Everything he touches becomes "these guys". Puts something on the grill and "these guys are gonna be awesome" "these guys blah blah blah". Drives me up the wall. 

I will stick to the BGE forum and YouTube for my cooking advice. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I've got it going on a hot plate in front of my office.......nothing yet.  I'll keep ya posted.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @gmac Any recommendations on YouTube?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • gmac
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I've been watching a fellow named Jacob Burton a bit recently. Came across him looking for sauce videos. He has some that are more theory but also some that are good hands on demo. Focuses a bit more on developmental basics to build on rather than any set recipes. 

Also like Scott Rea a whole lot. More for his butchery videos than his cooking if you like watching meat get cut he's good. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    gmac said:
    WeberWho said:
    I've been watching a fellow named Jacob Burton a bit recently. Came across him looking for sauce videos. He has some that are more theory but also some that are good hands on demo. Focuses a bit more on developmental basics to build on rather than any set recipes. 

Also like Scott Rea a whole lot. More for his butchery videos than his cooking if you like watching meat get cut he's good. 
    Thanks! I'll give them a look

Minnesota
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I loved that his program showcased local hole in the walls you would have driven right past if you didn't know better.  That inside info when traveling to a new town was great.

Now the show is more gourmet fusion casual restaurants.  Still some great looking grub, but not a diner, drive-in or dive.  He really needs two shows.

In any case, the guy is a tool but he showcases some great small town chefs who deserve the spotlight.

That said, sometimes when I try the places he showcases, I find it's nothing special. 
    The "brah, that may be one of the best scallops I've ever had" scallop... is just a scallop.  Nothing more. :i_dunno:
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    I like him, he has a self depreciating sense of humor, which is extremely rare for chefs. Spent 25 years a vendor to the hospitality industry. The amount of drama and douchebaggery is directly proportionate to the number of flowered chefs pants and clogs in the kitchen. Guy seems like a person who is not too full of himself, unlike a Bobby Clay or Gordon Ramsey.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I like him, he has a self depreciating sense of humor, which is extremely rare for chefs. Spent 25 years a vendor to the hospitality industry. The amount of drama and douchebaggery is directly proportionate to the number of flowered chefs pants and clogs in the kitchen. Guy seems like a person who is not too full of himself, unlike a Bobby Clay or Gordon Ramsey.
    I like Gordon Ramsay.  He owns his angry condescending British attitude.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Whats this oil and garlic thing???

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Whats this oil and garlic thing???
    In the Vice video.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Just confirmed... Oil, Garlic, Onions... good!!!

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Everyone knows you start the onions before the garlic...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    Options
    poster said:
    I'm truly unsure if this is meant to be real or not. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    gmac said:
    poster said:
    I'm truly unsure if this is meant to be real or not. 
    The comments over on YouTube are friggin great. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That is real.  That channel has "Quick Kitchen Tips".  Plenty more like how to chop a carrot.