Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

I just saw an article on Yahoo about everyone "hating" Guy Fieri. (I'm not sure why I even bother with Yahoo. Talk about worthless crap) I was kind of taken back about people not liking him. I can see how people might not like his over the top personality but never realized he was hated that much. I enjoy DDD. He seems like a guy you could drink a couple beers with.

Adam Richman from Man V. Food has also taken some flack in the past for making some negative comments and has also been "hated". I had a chance to meet and talk to him for a few minutes some years back. Super nice guy and very down to earth. 

So do you hate Guy Fieri?

Comments

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 4,944
    I don't hate him but Anthony Bourdain seems to.

I read yesterday that Fieri's Times Square restaurant is closing it doors forever tomorrow night.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/12/guy-fieri-times-square-restaurant-closing-timeline.html

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,129
    Count me as a hater. And here I thought I was the only one. 

Firstly, I hate him because I want his job. 

Secondly, his response to everything he eats is about the same, and very predictable. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,510
    I like DDD.  Too much hate.  His beer battered rings and blackened chicken Alfredo, da bomb.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • I think the show is actually pretty good. He’s over the top, sure, but he showcases some pretty good places.  And it’s cool that they’re always interviewing some of the locals.

I can see why people don’t like him and think he’s too cheesy though.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• yljktyljkt Posts: 798
    Is he calling himself Fieri this week or "Fieti"? Seems to change lol...
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,011
    Hate is a strong word. Especially for someone I've never even met. And hope I never do! But I refuse to watch any show he's on and will never eat at one of his restaurants. Felt this way since I first saw him on Food Network Star (which he won). What an a$$. 

So yeah, maybe I DO hate him. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BeerMikeBeerMike Posts: 270
    There is no way I can hate someone who likes food that much.
    Agreed!  How could anyone HATE Guy?  Love, not Hate! 
    I think it's time for another beer!  Beer drinking (legally) since 1984
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs and 1 XL BGE 
    Sold small BGE and 3rd and 4th large BGEs (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,548

I’d agree that hate is strong for somebody I’ve never met, but the channel definitely get changed if he shows up.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• BeerMikeBeerMike Posts: 270
    yljkt said:
    Is he calling himself Fieri this week or "Fieti"? Seems to change lol...
    Maybe the last name changes as he drinks more bourbon? 
    I think it's time for another beer!  Beer drinking (legally) since 1984
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs and 1 XL BGE 
    Sold small BGE and 3rd and 4th large BGEs (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • TeefusTeefus Posts: 605
    I love his show. He’s a kook, but seems like a fun kook.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,510
    Flavortown!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • I like all of his shows except DDD. The one at his home in the outdoor kitchen is good. Strangely enough a similar show that Bobby Flay has is pretty much the only one of his that I like.
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,942
    I enjoy his shows, especially the grocery games thing and DDD. We have sought out some places he visited on DDD and all have been very good. One Hot Mama's, Zunzi's and Southern Soul we may not have even knew about otherwise. I think he probably does good things publicity wise for small restaurant operations.
  • I think it's an act, much like the character Myron mixon plays on camera. 

• I put him in the same catagory as 'Freebird', 'Hotel California' and 'Stairway to Heaven'.  Pretty good at first, but overexposure ruins everything.  I don't hate him, but I don't want to watch his shows, just like I turn the radio if one of the above songs comes on.
    Memphis, TN 
  • tml1230tml1230 Posts: 215
    Not a big fan... But the camaro he shows up is why I watch the show.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • J-dubyaJ-dubya Posts: 173
    I like DDD, his taste in cars, and watches. 
  • I have a pair of his heat resistant gloves.  They're nice.  So is the '69 Camero he cruises around in on his show.
    Flint, Michigan
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,707
    I wouldn't count myself as a fan of his, but I do like the places he showcases on DDD, and I do like DDDs.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,053
    Love his car!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,995
    I have a pair of his heat resistant gloves.  They're nice.  So is the '69 Camero he cruises around in on his show.
    It’s a ‘67... 
  • Maybe it's because he's done about a dozen DDD shows in Minnesota, including two within 5 minutes of here, but I find him very tolerable. It's surprising because normally I can't stand his type.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 759
    Nope, but I do have disdain for Bourdain.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,345
    @DoubleEgger How can you tell the difference between a 67 and 68 Camaro? You can spot a 69 with the head lights but have always wondered the difference between 67-68. Just curious as some call Fieri Camaro a 67 and others say 68. Any styling difference I'm not picking up on?
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 638
    Not me!  DDD is a great show.  Sounds like some may be jealous of him lol