Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Everyone is always welcome at site 23! come on over bring cheap wine!
    Paging @Jeremiah
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Does the camp ground offer camping sites for tents? I’m sure they do but might be my first time attending BB. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Does the camp ground offer camping sites for tents? I’m sure they do but might be my first time attending BB. 
    There was once a pun a time when a group of (slightly intoxicated) grown @ss men attempted to put up a tent....I want call names but the tent had U of Kentucky logo and colors. With all due respect to my friends and colleges, it was like a monkey f’n a football. Now this was a tailgate tent but....just letting you know the bar is set low for erecting said tent. There are pictures and is well documented. If you need help, I can recommend those not to ask for assistance. The sky’s are beautiful so sleepin (assuming you plan too)...under them are nice. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    There were some people in tents across from us last year I believe site 72

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Yes. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • g8golfer
    Options
    Nice. If I get to come I dont plan on sleeping much. Especially once the party gets started with Ron slushy’s. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Nice. If I get to come I dont plan on sleeping much. Especially once the party gets started with Ron slushy’s. 
    We would love to have you down for this.  Hope you can make it!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • g8golfer
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina if it works out I will be golfing at an event in Charlotte Thursday and Friday that week and I was going to swing by the BB on Saturday. Be good to put faces with all the ppl I have meet on this forum. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    There was once a pun a time when a group of (slightly intoxicated) grown @ss men attempted to put up a tent....I want call names but the tent had U of Kentucky logo and colors. With all due respect to my friends and colleges, it was like a monkey f’n a football. Now this was a tailgate tent but....just letting you know the bar is set low for erecting said tent. There are pictures and is well documented. If you need help, I can recommend those not to ask for assistance. The sky’s are beautiful so sleepin (assuming you plan too)...under them are nice. 

This is as good as it gets. It worked better when we figured out we had to turn it over. Thank goodness Robin was there to help. BTW, where was Robin? Nevermind. Lotta people walking by, acting like they don't know us.  
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Who got Cabin 5?

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    g8golfer said:

This is as good as it gets. It worked better when we figured out we had to turn it over. Thank goodness Robin was there to help. BTW, where was Robin? Nevermind. Lotta people walking by, acting like they don't know us.  
    In modern vernacular I think that's spelled "phail"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited November 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    g8golfer said:

It's not that they don't know you, Ron, it's just that they're embarrassed to be associated with you.  It's an important distinction!  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    g8golfer said:

It's not that they don't know you, Ron, it's just that they're embarrassed to be associated with you.  It's an important distinction!  
    All this time....I thought it was the others.
    Now I know....
    Dang.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    That guy over at 23 likes the cheap wine, but you can bring the high dollar stuff with them fancy screw on tops if ya want.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Would you care for some tree rat to go with that fancy wine?
    Options
    CTMike said:
    In my previous life as a submariner, if you passed out drunk at a party you typically woke up missing an eyebrow. 

Food for thought. 
    I bet the true story of what happened is definitely NSFW.  Go Army Beat Navy!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice job getting the word out early.  It's almost to the minute the same time to BB as it is to BC.  I'm gonna look at a campsite and if @lousubcap comes, I can bring the bottle of bourbon he's sending me in a couple weeks.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Oh $hit @thetrim  I forgot @CTMike was a “semen”. 

Maybe I should be worried about being cabin neighbors. (hashtagGoArmyBeatNavy)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Oh $hit @thetrim  I forgot @CTMike was a “semen”. 

Maybe I should be worried about being cabin neighbors. (hashtagGoArmyBeatNavy)
    I'm standing by waiting for the old joke on why you're not a submariner:

"I don't go down on long black cylinders full of seamen." Your loss. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Ima call tomorrow and git me a campin' site.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    We need @lousubcap, @SSN686, and @SSQUAL612, and any other dolphin wearing badasses to attend so that us bubbleheads can show you guys how to party. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nice job getting the word out early.  It's almost to the minute the same time to BB as it is to BC.  I'm gonna look at a campsite and if @lousubcap comes, I can bring the bottle of bourbon he's sending me in a couple weeks.
    It would be awesome if you can make it man!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    CTMike said:
    We need @lousubcap, @SSN686, and @SSQUAL612, and any other dolphin wearing badasses to attend so that us bubbleheads can show you guys how to party. 
    Cabin 1. 72 hours of 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

And 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @thetrim if you need a place we have room in Cabin 2. 

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    Options
    I appreciate it, but I'm going thru Atlanta to pick up a fellow Egghead that's not active on the forum. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I appreciate it, but I'm going thru Atlanta to pick up a fellow Egghead that's not active on the forum. 
    There are some good truck stops near the woods on that route, so I hear.
    Options
    Surface, surface, surface-Gonna be a great Army beat-down on Dec 9th.  At that time I will commission @thetrim to just bow in servitude with that winning bourbon to be enjoyed by the BB attendees.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.