Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    CTMike said:
    bgebrent said:
    CTMike said:
    Plus attending will allow me to pay off the bet I lost to @bgebrent on this past Super Bowl. 
    Subterfuge, shhh..
    Don’t want to share huh?
    Only with Dwayne.
    That is hilarious. Dwayne, is the man.
    I'd surely share with Ron!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    I'll bring a 750ml. You need to bring the crown up with you. Friay and Saturday night, that prop would be killer fun for photos.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great idea, consider it done my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,064
    edited November 2017
    Options
    caliking said:
    We are planning on attending, after @piney 's lovely better half sold me on it at BC4. Actually, @JRWhitee 's better half did too. Was easy to convince SWMBO, but she hasn't heard about the petting zoo yet...

Thanks for posting the info @tarheelmatt. What's the closest airport?
    Fly into Charlotte.  I picked Nola up from there last year.  We’ll take care of you guys!

Now to strategize about the five area grocery stores we’ll be visiting Friday afternoon...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Bringing Maddie as a give away item. One lucky blaster will be the proud new owner.
    Note to Jim, "And Robin wins Maddie!!"
    Got it! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options

KayNOcook and I have our reservations at the campground and are soooo looking forward to another great time in the deep woods of North Carolina.

I will do my best to as usual with the door prizes! Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm not going to be able to make April 21. I have already committed to two things that weekend! A BBQ Comp in Cornelia, GA and a college reunion in West Palm Beach. Hoping the 2nd one will change weekends. Because I'm already paid for the Cornelia Comp. I have a friend who is organizing it. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm not going to be able to make April 21. I have already committed to two things that weekend! A BBQ Comp in Cornelia, GA and a college reunion in West Palm Beach. Hoping the 2nd one will change weekends. Because I'm already paid for the Cornelia Comp. I have a friend who is organizing it. 
    We understand Scott!  Your talents and rig will be missed, but we wish you the best!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,258
    Options
    We understand Scott!  Your talents and rig will be missed, but we wish you the best!
    Sorry to hear you can't make it Scott. @JohnInCarolina I will definitely bring Ol' Mortimer down with us then. I will contribute towards the cost of a whole hog, if the committee decides that's something it wants to do. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm definitely in for this again.  Hopefully I can make it out of Asheville again next year! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Sorry to hear you can't make it Scott. @JohnInCarolina I will definitely bring Ol' Mortimer down with us then. I will contribute towards the cost of a whole hog, if the committee decides that's something it wants to do. 
    Mike -  awesome - thanks!  That is huge!  We'll work out the details on the whole hog with you via DM.  
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    DMW said:
    bud812 said:
    We also call this by the, ahem, slightly more wife-and-coworker friendly name of Burning Loin.  
    Sounds like you need a Dr. for that.
    Nah, just a little balm will take care of it.
    https://youtu.be/rD_UoG02h0s

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    Options
    caliking said:
    We are planning on attending, after @piney 's lovely better half sold me on it at BC4. Actually, @JRWhitee 's better half did too. Was easy to convince SWMBO, but she hasn't heard about the petting zoo yet...

Charlotte is 45 mins. to 2 hours away depending on traffic on I85 (construction almost all the way), PTI is a nice small airport we use when we can get a flight.  Figure a little less than a hour and better larger roads with little to no traffic.  Hope this helps.

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    caliking said:

Charlotte is 45 mins. to 2 hours away depending on traffic on I85 (construction almost all the way), PTI is a nice small airport we use when we can get a flight.  Figure a little less than a hour and better larger roads with little to no traffic.  Hope this helps.
    Totally agree, we have family that uses PTI and it's by far better than Charlotte..............

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @bucky925 are you going to make it this year?  It's in your back yard.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bucky925
    Options
    I will I WILL !

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    caliking said:

Fly into Charlotte.  I picked Nola up from there last year.  We’ll take care of you guys!

Now to strategize about the five area grocery stores we’ll be visiting Friday afternoon...
    Flights to Charlotte are cheap, so that's what we may do. 

And yes, I'm sure there's a Whole Foods in Raleigh that has exactly the produce that @20stone will want. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    caliking said:

Totally agree, we have family that uses PTI and it's by far better than Charlotte..............
    No direct  flight from Houston to PTI. Bummer since this sounded like a good option.

• caliking
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Mike -  awesome - thanks!  That is huge!  We'll work out the details on the whole hog with you via DM.  
    Count me in.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Just booked a cabin.  She promised nobody has been murdered in mine.   

She said not too many "non murder" cabins left. Y'all better hurry up!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    When I called to make my reservation, the lady on the phone (Kitty I think) had just finished talking to @YukonRon.  She is quite the character.  

She said, and I quote - "He said he's from LOO-VILL but it's spelled like LOU-ISS-VILLE.  I don't know if that boy can't talk or if he just can't spell!"  

I just told her that he was from Kentucky and she said "Well that explains EVERYTHING!"
    John, 

I had a similar experience, but when I called, she just got off the phone with Robin @northGAcock , and oh lord the stories she had.  Only my buddy Robin.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Apparently, what happens at the petting zoo doesn't stay at the petting zoo....
    Options
    Image result for evil petting zoo
    Options
    Image result for evil petting zoo
    Options
  • CTMike
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just got off the phone with Kitty after reserving Cabin #1. Not sure which one of you is Adam but you definitely left an impression. 

We we will be arriving Thursday evening so that we are available all day Friday for shopping, prep, etc. 

I take it there is a spot near Shelter 2 to park Ol' Mortimer?

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just got off the phone with Kitty after reserving Cabin #1. Not sure which one of you is Adam but you definitely left an impression. 
    Ha! That's @Killit_and_Grillit
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Maybe we can all chip in and purchase a Mangalitza (sp?) from @20stone?  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,237
    Options
    I had to leave a message. Ya’ll quit calling until I get my reservation squared away.  =)