Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had to leave a message. Ya’ll quit calling until I get my reservation squared away.  =)
    I left a message at first. Tried back after an hour because my wife was adamant that we have a cabin. I believe there were two cabins left after mine, numbers 5 & 6. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll get a hotel room again this year.  I'll need a break from you miscreants!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CTMike
    Options
    My wonderful wife doesn't drink and might be agreeable to running a shuttle to hotels at the end of the evening if someone needs a ride. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    My wonderful wife doesn't drink and might be agreeable to running a shuttle to hotels at the end of the evening if someone needs a ride. 
    I think in past years folks have just tended to pass out in whatever chairs they were sitting in around 1 or 2 am.  @JRWhitee can chime in here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just got off the phone with Kitty after reserving Cabin #1. Not sure which one of you is Adam but you definitely left an impression. 

We we will be arriving Thursday evening so that we are available all day Friday for shopping, prep, etc. 

I take it there is a spot near Shelter 2 to park Ol' Mortimer?

For sure there is room near Shelter 2 for your rig.  @Thatgrimguy was able to park his rig right next to it two years ago, no problem.  
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just got off the phone with Kitty after reserving Cabin #1. Not sure which one of you is Adam but you definitely left an impression. 

We we will be arriving Thursday evening so that we are available all day Friday for shopping, prep, etc. 

I take it there is a spot near Shelter 2 to park Ol' Mortimer?

For sure there is room near Shelter 2 for your rig.  @Thatgrimguy was able to park his rig right next to it two years ago, no problem.  
    Sounds good. I will remove the tongue and run a cable lock through the frame and around a pillar to keep it from growing legs. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I think in past years folks have just tended to pass out in whatever chairs they were sitting in around 1 or 2 am.  @JRWhitee can chime in here.  
    I was in deep thought... ;)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I had to leave a message. Ya’ll quit calling until I get my reservation squared away.  =)
    I left a message at first. Tried back after an hour because my wife was adamant that we have a cabin. I believe there were two cabins left after mine, numbers 5 & 6. 
    Just got a call back. Site 76 is now booked. Rock and Roll 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I'll get a hotel room again this year.  I'll need a break from you miscreants!
    I really regretted not staying on premises for BB1.  I think others regretted staying off site too.  The Friday and Saturday night stuff is epic.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just got a call back. Site 76 is now booked. Rock and Roll 
    Bring yer tools!  Jim will be there, yea know. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CTMike
    Options
    @nolaegghead,

Jazz should sport one of these at BB18:

https://youtu.be/qLdUG3id2rs

All of the cool cool cats will be wearing them. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @CTMike - that's a different kind of Butt Blast right there.  
  • CTMike
    Options
    @CTMike - that's a different kind of Butt Blast right there.  
    It was meant to prevent that kind of Butt Blast, like a shield against miscreants. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    When I called to make my reservation, the lady on the phone (Kitty I think) had just finished talking to @YukonRon.  She is quite the character.  

She said, and I quote - "He said he's from LOO-VILL but it's spelled like LOU-ISS-VILLE.  I don't know if that boy can't talk or if he just can't spell!"  

I just told her that he was from Kentucky and she said "Well that explains EVERYTHING!"
    It is pronounced Luhlvuhl. Get it right......I might be country as cornbread, but I can speak Kentucky English.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Word on the street is that all of the cabins have now been booked.   That's got to be record time.  
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    When I called to make my reservation, the lady on the phone (Kitty I think) had just finished talking to @YukonRon.  She is quite the character.  

She said, and I quote - "He said he's from LOO-VILL but it's spelled like LOU-ISS-VILLE.  I don't know if that boy can't talk or if he just can't spell!"  

I just told her that he was from Kentucky and she said "Well that explains EVERYTHING!"
    It is pronounced Luhlvuhl. Get it right......I might be country as cornbread, but I can speak Kentucky English.
    In english “Kentucky English” is an antonym.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Nabbed Cabin 6!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• YukonRon
    Options
    JRWhitee said:de
    YukonRon said:

In english “Kentucky English” is an antonym.
    Pretty funny. Red wine, through the nose, for the score!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    Options
    one of you assclowns grabbed my cabin while I was on hold. I have a very special set of skills. I will find you, and I will...probably have drink with you or something like that.
    There's room for two to sleep inside Ol' Mortimer if you don't mind the smell of smoke. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Mortimer ........check

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @CTMike I'm in Cabin 2, looks like we're gonna be neighbors. 

(Full disclosure in case you drink too much and stumble in the wrong cabin. I snore like a bear and I prefer to be the little spoon.)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    one of you assclowns grabbed my cabin while I was on hold. I have a very special set of skills. I will find you, and I will...probably have drink with you or something like that.
    You would enjoy a drink with Rick (The_Stache), especially if he's sharing his beer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I just heard, We will be the official "Burning Man" event for 2018. Seems they could not compete.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Hey... they called me telling me I'd won the "last" cabin!!!  @Cen-Tex Smoker come grab a beer or 3.  If you're coming by yourself, there's room in Cabin 6!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CTMike said:
    There's room for two to sleep inside Ol' Mortimer if you don't mind the smell of smoke. 

I'm already worried enough I'm going to wake up with an apple in my mouth and my hands tied up no matter where I sleep. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CTMike
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CTMike I'm in Cabin 2, looks like we're gonna be neighbors. 

(Full disclosure in case you drink too much and stumble in the wrong cabin. I snore like a bear and I prefer to be the little spoon.)
    While I appreciate the generous hospitality, my wife gets jealous if I spoon with anyone else. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You guys are cracking me up with all this talk of "sleeping".  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hey... they called me telling me I'd won the "last" cabin!!!  @Cen-Tex Smoker come grab a beer or 3.  If you're coming by yourself, there's room in Cabin 6!

If I am still married by April I will be with TFJ (The Fabulous Janell for those who are not "in the know"). It's been 25 years but I'm still on a week-to-week trial period in her eyes. She's smart like that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What could possibly go wrong, bunking with someone who is a self-described "Chief Flatulator" at a festival named "Butt Blast" ?