Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @thetrim if you need a place we have room in Cabin 2. 
    I appreciate it, but I'm going thru Atlanta to pick up a fellow Egghead that's not active on the forum. 
    There are some good truck stops near the woods on that route, so I hear.
    Not that kinda friend... Not that there's anything wrong w/ that. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I appreciate it, but I'm going thru Atlanta to pick up a fellow Egghead that's not active on the forum. 
    Some of those highway rest stops are havens for illicit homosexual activity.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    thetrim said:
    But Scott already had a partner at Brisket Camp II. He made the bread. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit Would y'all have room for two more? 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Brooke and I are planning on coming. 
    Awesome!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I was just peeing!!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited December 2017
    Options
    CTMike said:
    We need @lousubcap, @SSN686, and @SSQUAL612, and any other dolphin wearing badasses to attend so that us bubbleheads can show you guys how to party. 
    Cabin 1. 72 hours of 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

And 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs
    Let me sing you the true song of my people:

https://youtu.be/kGqMJdi8zqA
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Wondering why @JohnInCarolina is so well versed in these matters. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    We need @lousubcap, @SSN686, and @SSQUAL612, and any other dolphin wearing badasses to attend so that us bubbleheads can show you guys how to party. 
    Cabin 1. 72 hours of 

And 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGqMJdi8zqA
    Though shalt not use the Lord's name in vain.  Nor do any of that sodomy stuff.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    Cabin 1. 72 hours of 

And 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGqMJdi8zqA
    Though shalt not use the Lord's name in vain.  Nor do any of that sodomy stuff.
    I'm thinking the only sodomy happening is in the rest stops JIC mentioned. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    Funny you ask Mike.  This is kind of a crazy story, but I was once driving alone and it was pretty late at night and so I decided to pick up a hitcher.  He seemed pretty weird at the time.   In retrospect I should have seen the signs.  He was carrying an oversized bag and kept trying to tell me this idea he had for a video on six minute abs. 

Anyway, we had to pull over for a rest stop.  I just decided to take a whiz right there rather than head into the restroom, when all of a sudden the area is flooded with lights and I hear "FREEZE!  POLICE!"  And then all around me all these half-dressed men get out of the grass and start running for their lives.  WTF, right?  I mean, I'm just standing there with my hog in my hand and, well... you get the picture I'm sure.  

Next thing I know I'm being interrogated by the police.  Man were they pissed!  Turns out the hitcher I picked up - had a DEAD BODY in that oversized bag!  And the cops found it in my car, and thought I was the killer!

I mean, can you believe that?  You can't make this kind of thing up.  It's like... straight out of a movie or something.   

Anyway, that's why I know all about these highway rest stops.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Illicit because...it's NC?
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    Funny you ask Mike.  This is kind of a crazy story, but I was once driving alone and it was pretty late at night and so I decided to pick up a hitcher.  He seemed pretty weird at the time.   In retrospect I should have seen the signs.  He was carrying an oversized bag and kept trying to tell me this idea he had for a video on six minute abs. 

Anyway, we had to pull over for a rest stop.  I just decided to take a whiz right there rather than head into the restroom, when all of a sudden the area is flooded with lights and I hear "FREEZE!  POLICE!"  And then all around me all these half-dressed men get out of the grass and start running for their lives.  WTF, right?  I mean, I'm just standing there with my hog in my hand and, well... you get the picture I'm sure.  

Next thing I know I'm being interrogated by the police.  Man were they pissed!  Turns out the hitcher I picked up - had a DEAD BODY in that oversized bag!  And the cops found it in my car, and thought I was the killer!

I mean, can you believe that?  You can't make this kind of thing up.  It's like... straight out of a movie or something.   

Was the hitched named Carey?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:

Was the hitched named Carey?
    Possible. He kept telling me that I was dreaming about gorgonzola cheese when it was clearly "brie time."
  • CTMike
    edited December 2017
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:

So you're THAT guy huh?

For a real Hong Kong No Sh!tter, I was stationed up in Saratoga in the late 80's. Evidently the rest area on 87N near Clifton Park was known for rampant illicit homosexual activity. Enough people complained that the State Police raided the place one evening. The VP of the GE silicones plant was found in the woods with his junk in another man's mouth. His defense was that he went out back to urinate because the stalls were full. 

A few weeks later an article in the paper stated that he was retiring. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    What about that toe tapping Senator in the Minneapolis airport bathroom?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    What about that toe tapping Senator in the Minneapolis airport bathroom?
    Was it Al Franken?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Surface, surface, surface-Gonna be a great Army beat-down on Dec 9th.  At that time I will commission @thetrim to just bow in servitude with that winning bourbon to be enjoyed by the BB attendees.  
    This is the year , the donkey mounts the goat.
    Eloquence be damned. We are so due!!!
    ARMY!!!!!

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

https://youtu.be/kGqMJdi8zqA
    @CTMike I just laughed and spit bourbon on my new sleeping baby. (So I guess he will be a Marine)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CTMike
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    Surface, surface, surface-Gonna be a great Army beat-down on Dec 9th.  At that time I will commission @thetrim to just bow in servitude with that winning bourbon to be enjoyed by the BB attendees.  
    ARMY!!!!!

Uh, Army actually won last year, for the first time in like 15 or so. How many slushies have you had? More importantly, how many are you bringing to BB18?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    CTMike said:
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    ARMY!!!!!

Uh, Army actually won last year, for the first time in like 15 or so. How many slushies have you had? More importantly, how many are you bringing to BB18?
    Got hammered at Decca tonight....no slushies, but 8 bottles of wine....
    Bourbon Slushies, we will bring several gallons, give us a number, and bring a big glass...
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    Options
    Army builds on their own streak on Dec 9th.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    CTMike said:
    In my previous life as a submariner, if you passed out drunk at a party you typically woke up missing an eyebrow. 

Food for thought. 

@Eggcelsior, Butt Blast 2017:

We did this to my buddy in the yesteryear and all that happened was all the ink transferred directly to his sheets. 

Oh.... and WE’LL BE THERE!!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    CTMike said:
    In my previous life as a submariner, if you passed out drunk at a party you typically woke up missing an eyebrow. 

Food for thought. 

We did this to my buddy in the yesteryear and all that happened was all the ink transferred directly to his sheets. 

There were no sheets  B). See you there brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:

Food for thought. 

Nice!  I hope you’ll be able to stay a little longer this year man.  Anyway, we look forward to seeing you!
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Do I need to bring food or pay someone for buying the food? I’m sure it’s not going to be cheap feeding everyone. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Do I need to bring food or pay someone for buying the food? I’m sure it’s not going to be cheap feeding everyone. 
    We appreciate the offer but the answer to both is no.  The cooks bring all of their own food to this. Just bring your big appetite man - that’s helping out all by itself!

And beer.  We will be happy to drink your beer!
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    CTMike said:
    We need to have a badge designed for the winner of Butt Blast 2017.  Have a pitcher filled with various beverages and have a mock Drinking your Dolphins ceremony.    Didn't someone say this was a "family friendly" event?   I'm pretty sure Bubbleheads and family friendly might be a contraindication, but it all depends on your definition of "Friendly".     
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    There’s no winners and losers @SSQUAL612

Just friends, old and new, having a good time cooking, eating, and sipping.