Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    CTMike said:
    YukonRon said:
    Thinking I need to be buying some cases of bourbon over the next few months, thinking we will have close to a hundred or so for the event, as it stands now......
    :i_dunno:
    looking forward to this.
    I have 5 or 6 bottles of brown water I will bring, along with Ol' Mortimer. 

On on another note, if one of you farkers lives near Woodford and wants to pick me up a bottle of Double Double Oaked I would be eternally grateful and reimburse the cost. 
    Did you learn that from this guy?

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    CTMike said:
    YukonRon said:
    Thinking I need to be buying some cases of bourbon over the next few months, thinking we will have close to a hundred or so for the event, as it stands now......
    looking forward to this.

On on another note, if one of you farkers lives near Woodford and wants to pick me up a bottle of Double Double Oaked I would be eternally grateful and reimburse the cost. 

Nope, I've been trying to get a bottle of Double-Double for several years, haven't had any luck yet. It is only sold at the distillery. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @CTMike I have a couple of buddies about to do the Trail. I’ll text him and see if they are doing Woodford. 

Are you coming from Texas? I may have a Weller 12 trade proposition for you. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SSQUAL612
    Options
    @CTMike Sounds like something I would like.  Have you had Wild Turkey Master's Keep?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    @CTMike Trying to stock the bar for when my old Sub School and ASW Training Comrad comes down for a visit.  How about Pappy Van Winkle?   I'm fine with Michter's or Makers Mark 46,  but this is a reunion 33 years in the making so I want to step up a little.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @CTMike I have a couple of buddies about to do the Trail. I’ll text him and see if they are doing Woodford. 

Mike lives in Connecticut.  Thus the CT.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Yes, I understand "Family Friendly"... with a name like "Butt Blasters" one would expect a little latitude with the humor.  My post were primarily for the Brothers of the Phin since most will have a similar sense of humor.  Rest easy...I'm not going to roll up with a vice and a grease gun so all is safe.  
    All good pal.  Assuming that was directed towards my comment.  

For those that don't know us personally or forum wise that don't know our humor, I want to reiterate that it's a great time to be had, by everyone, including kids.  

Hopefully you can find a way to make it sometime.  There's a bunch of awesome people that attend.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SSQUAL612
    Options

I thought it stood for Crypto Tech...figured he was a spook.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    CTMike said:
    YukonRon said:
    looking forward to this.

Nope, I've been trying to get a bottle of Double-Double for several years, haven't had any luck yet. It is only sold at the distillery. 
    We will find a way to get you one of these.  The Butt Blasters have friends in low places.
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    CTMike said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    CTMike said:
    YukonRon said:
    looking forward to this.

We will find a way to get you one of these.  The Butt Blasters have friends in low places.
    Butt Blasters friends in low places?  Hmmm...better leave that one alone or this thread will get nuked.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @SSQUAL612 - lol!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,458
    Options
    This level of interaction and word-play will be difficult to sustain for the duration.  BTW the vice only comes into play if you feel like taking the test when one is available...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SSQUAL612 - Now is the release time for the PVW.  The further you are from its home, the better chance you have of finding some.  The change in the brown water landscape in the last 15 years or so has been tremendous.  Before the boom really got momentum you could find the less mature PVW (10 and 12 year) continuously on the local shelves.  15 year for a good 6-7 months and the 20+ was only available around the 1st of Dec.  Now it is as rare a sighting here as anywhere else given the greatly expanded distribution feeding the market.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    @CTMike Sounds like something I would like.  Have you had Wild Turkey Master's Keep?
    That's one I haven't, or even heard of. Will look for it.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    @CTMike Trying to stock the bar for when my old Sub School and ASW Training Comrad comes down for a visit.  How about Pappy Van Winkle?   I'm fine with Michter's or Makers Mark 46,  but this is a reunion 33 years in the making so I want to step up a little.  

Go for the PVW if you can get it. I landed a bottle of the 23 y/o in 2014, and have been shut out in my search since. It was amazing.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:

I thought it stood for Crypto Tech...figured he was a spook.  
    Nope, I was one of the nukes in the back pushing, while the Coners and Spooks played their games.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SSQUAL612 - Now is the release time for the PVW.  The further you are from its home, the better chance you have of finding some.  The change in the brown water landscape in the last 15 years or so has been tremendous.  Before the boom really got momentum you could find the less mature PVW (10 and 12 year) continuously on the local shelves.  15 year for a good 6-7 months and the 20+ was only available around the 1st of Dec.  Now it is as rare a sighting here as anywhere else given the greatly expanded distribution feeding the market.  FWIW-
    How about something with a little sea time?

https://jeffersonsbourbon.com/jeffersons-ocean/
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Never had it but I know those who have and say it is a good pour.  I may grab a bottle soon...I have to manage my high-end stock.  And the low-end as well...gotta have sufficient rocket fuel for the various evening rides.  
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    Just restocked the Bourbon supply.
    Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon
    Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon
    750ml 120640750-1

Makers 46 Bourbon Whisky
    Maker's 46 Bourbon Whisky
    750ml 111214750-1

Woodford Reserve
    Woodford Reserve
    1L 
    Bib  Tucker Bourbon
    Bib & Tucker Bourbon
    750ml 
  • lousubcap
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @SSQUAL612 - you need to work on your brown water inventory program.  It should never get to the point where that level of restock is needed unless you are truly pounding the rocket fuel  ;)
    BTW- Your supplier must not do much of a Double Oaked turn-over.  Their new (3-4 months old) bottle is a shorter and a more squared off shape.  
    Regardless, go forth and enjoy.  
    Edit: apologize for the thread hi-jack.  
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SSQUAL612 - you need to work on your brown water inventory program.  It should never get to the point where that level of restock is needed unless you are truly pounding the rocket fuel  ;)
    BTW- Your supplier must not do much of a Double Oaked turn-over.  Their new (3-4 months old) bottle is a shorter and a more squared off shape.  
    Regardless, go forth and enjoy.  
    Edit: apologize for the thread hi-jack.  
    Low Level Alarm on Makers & Michter’s so 1.75 of Bulleit was about all I have.  Plenty of Scotch & about 14 different Tequilas but my old Sub School buddy is also a bourbon drinker so stocking up.  I’ll check the bottle on the Double Oaked...most likely the image on the web hasn’t been updated.  Cheers! 
  • CTMike
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Haven't tried the sea-aged stuff, might pick it up during my next reload.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We posted some photos from the 2016 and 2017 events on the web page for the event if folks want to take a trip down memory lane:

http://burningloin.blogspot.com/2017/12/photos-from-2016-blast.html

http://burningloin.blogspot.com/2017/12/photos-from-2017-blast.html
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    So pumped after looking at the pics. Never had crawfish so I hope someone makes it again. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    So pumped after looking at the pics. Never had crawfish so I hope someone makes it again. 
    Eating mudbugs and meeting some liberals - you've got quite the treat in store! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @HeavyG I hope you show up also. Like to might as many liberals as I can that day. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @HeavyG I hope you show up also. Like to smight as many liberals as I can that day. 
    FTFY =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    What is PVW? Is that what you're sending me next Sunday, @lousubcap
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    What is PVW? Is that what you're sending me next Sunday, @lousubcap
    Not sure if you're trolling or not, PVW is Pappy Van Winkle.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @CTMike - thanks for helping out the Army guy with acronyms, as if they don't use any... and no worries, @thetrim even if Navy should somehow hose this up I assure you, don't wait for any PVW.  You probably haver a better chance of scoring a return serve bottle in FL than here.