Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    @Jeremiah and @DoubleEgger. Try "High Cost of Living" and see what you think.  Also, his album "The Dollar" is, in my opinion, his best.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    I'll take 2 please.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited February 2018
    Options

Prep cooking dinner for the week with Jamie. Don't think the neighbors are too happy with the volume. Good thing I've had enough rum to not give a sh!t. 
    I’d never heard of this guy. I googled him and lasted about 15 seconds into the first song. I can see why the neighbors are pissed.  
    Whhaaaattt! I bet you hate Chris Stapelton too.
    Never heard him sing before. I’ve heard his name. I just listened to pieces from a couple of his songs. Talk about a bunch of whiny drivel. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options

Prep cooking dinner for the week with Jamie. Don't think the neighbors are too happy with the volume. Good thing I've had enough rum to not give a sh!t. 
    I’d never heard of this guy. I googled him and lasted about 15 seconds into the first song. I can see why the neighbors are pissed.  
    Whhaaaattt! I bet you hate Chris Stapelton too.
    Never heard him sing before. I’ve heard his name. I just listened to pieces from a couple of his songs. Talk about a bunch of whiny drivel. 
    You sir, must consider Miley Cirus the empitome of music genre. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @nolaegghead That looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options

Leftover oyster sauce forti-fuckin-fied with cod loin and extra special schtuff
    Just so jealous I'm hoping you ate a cat hair. ;)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looking at used cars for me to share with my daughter. This might be worth a test drive. Bonus, manual transmission.
    http://www.twinpineford.com/used/Honda/2014-Honda-Civic+Sedan-b8d3e9780a0e0aea5a71343dbb502c54.htm?searchDepth=1:1

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    Sitting here Scratching my head that none of you heathens havn’t posted a thread about the Olympic nip slip. Perhaps I should not mention the other (non food) messaged board was on it right away. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75fXfGxYqM0&rdm=32rd673nd&noapp=1&client=mv-google  Please don’t judge me I found this on YouTube but it’s in a different language 

Good looking out!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    DMW said:
    Looking at used cars for me to share with my daughter. This might be worth a test drive. Bonus, manual transmission.
    http://www.twinpineford.com/used/Honda/2014-Honda-Civic+Sedan-b8d3e9780a0e0aea5a71343dbb502c54.htm?searchDepth=1:1

Being serious here, one of the most fun cars I ever owned was a 4cyc manual trans Dakota.  I raced everybody and nobody knew it.  I ragged the **** out of that thing.  Loved every minute. Plus a twin mattress fit perfectly in the bed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    DMW said:

@DMW

Did you ask what the hassle price was?  Tell them you would like to spend some time haggling and end up at the no hassle price.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Good call on the manual. She'd probably be the only one who knows how to drive it out of her friends. Which can be a good thing.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’m determined that both of my daughters will learn how to drive cars with manual transmissions.  How else can they be prepared for the zombie apocalypse?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just finished a flight with a great surprise:
    @lousubcap was booked on the same flight.
    Great guy, had some fun. Lucky to be his friend.
    Anybody still sober? ;)
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Happy Ending?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Thanks, that was a good read. Hadn't thought about the Glomar Explorer in a looooong time. The article was wrong in one regard - couldn't have built two aircraft carriers for the price of the Glomar Explorer. An aircraft carrier at that time was significantly more expensive than the Explorer.

Will be interesting to see what the environmental blowback will be from those mining efforts.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @lousubcap was booked on the same flight.
    Great guy, had some fun. Lucky to be his friend.
    Did y’all share a blanket?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Good call on the manual. She'd probably be the only one who knows how to drive it out of her friends. Which can be a good thing.
    I don't know anyone here who can't drive a manual. You can get a licence for auto only, but nobody does.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:
    I don't know anyone here who can't drive a manual. You can get a licence for auto only, but nobody does.
    Well that's easily explainable isn't it?

In Europe the vast majority of cars have manual transmissions (80%? 90%?). In the US I believe that only about 5% of vehicles have manual transmissions these days. Manuals aren't even an option on most vehicles these days.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

In Europe the vast majority of cars have manual transmissions (80%? 90%?). In the US I believe that only about 5% of vehicles have manual transmissions these days. Manuals aren't even an option on most vehicles these days.
    I'm curious - why the disparity? Why do most folks choose manual transmissions in Europe?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:
    I've only ever bought manual transmission vehicles. I'd much rather control the vehicle than have it control me. 

My only request when in England a few years ago was to drive a right hand vehicle with manual transmission. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @WeberWho I’ve always wondered: are the gears still in the same exact pattern on a right side drive, or is it flipped to where first gear is closest to the driver?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    just looked at manual pickups and dodge is the last real truck with a manual. some of the others just have the up down manual buttons with no clutch which makes no sense to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

Old style slush box autos just weren't popular, especially with smaller engine sizes, so people prefer manuals. That is changing, modern autos are much better and less annoying. We have 2 autos in the household and 3 manuals.
  • Eoin
    Options
    slovelad said:
    @WeberWho I’ve always wondered: are the gears still in the same exact pattern on a right side drive, or is it flipped to where first gear is closest to the driver?
    The pattern is the same LHD and RHD. It's an easy switch once you get used to it, my camper is LHD manual.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    slovelad said:
    It's the same pattern. I thought it was maybe going to be backwards. Real no leaning curve. Driving on the righthand side of the car was a little strange. I made sure I was maxed out with the car rental insurance. I put a couple light scratches on the front left rim against a curb when parking. My depth perception was a little off. Nothing the car rental agency would have noticed. Definitely a fun experience 

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

I'm curious - why the disparity? Why do most folks choose manual transmissions in Europe?
    Lower incomes (manual cheaper) and high taxes on fuel and engine size. Small engines tend to be crap (and thirstier) with old style autos, more popular now with the DSG / automated manuals. Anne's new Audi is 1.5 litre turbo with DSG. No performance loss with the DSG and pretty smooth.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Eoin said:
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

Old style slush box autos just weren't popular, especially with smaller engine sizes, so people prefer manuals. That is changing, modern autos are much better and less annoying. We have 2 autos in the household and 3 manuals.
    we just might be going in different directions, we want big horsepower, and the trannys are going from 6 speed to 8 to 10 speeds,  im not clutching a 10 speed =) so manuals are disappearing and those paddle clutchless trannys are starting to take over ;) with the option to just put it in D and go
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it