Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• I have to agree with sea2ski. Furthermore anyone who would ski down that slope as fast as possible is A a world class skier B a bit nuts with death wish or C a little kid with a Helmet no poles. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    edited February 2018
    One thing to keep in mind about skiing and trail markings is they are labelled in a static fashion but conditions can severely impact difficulty. That is, a run labelled as a black diamond, covered in a foot of fresh snow will ski much easier than the same run in a foot of fresh ice. Grooming of the runs can also make a huge difference.

In the case of these olympic downhill runs, suffice it to say a strong recreational skier could safely make it down...in about 10x-20x the time.

A not so strong recreational skier intimidated by the iciness would not be able to manage the run at all, would likely slip, and skid down most of the run...terrified. 
    Mountain View, CA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited February 2018
    I miss my days of fearless bombing down icey runs.  I don't heal as fast these days and I have to pay the rehab bills.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Teaching the intern about Steganography. Mind Blown
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Hmm, I thought it was Lou's Expecting an Orgasm.
    In that case, Lou telling us he is about to go into LEO falls into the category of TMI.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    give me the ice on a really steep slope, the snow just screws it up.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Really steep and deep is my fave!
    Mountain View, CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColtsFan said:
    I remember spy-school only too well....
    ColtsFan said:
    I remember spy-school only too well....
    Shhh...They're watching
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Congratulations! Enjoy that little guy.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    johnnyp said:
    I think my egg was pregnant.  ‘Cause it just had a baby 

You and your baby posts.  

Do you get 12 weeks fmla for that one?   :wink:

Nice egg!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Cooking inside...

It’s not that cold. You just need crampons so not to slip on the ice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    @TTC Nice!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    SciAggie said:
    Cooking inside...

Hell, that looks pretty nice! Life is all about perspective. Hope your situation improves, LOL
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    SciAggie said:
    @TTC Nice!
    I was going to buy one anyway, so went ahead and pulled the trigger. The reaction from my teenage boys was worth the purchase 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SciAggie
    @TTC Wise man. You accept the fact that this place will make you a pauper. Just spend the money...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    SciAggie said:
    Cooking inside...

Too bad you don’t have a heat source or place for a fire out there.   :|
  • TTC

Ikon pass 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Ever read a short news blurb, and think, "Gee, I'd like to know the whole story?" and then, 7 or 8 seconds later, say, "Egads, I don't WANT to know what happened here!!"  ?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/german-police-rescue-men-tangled-up-with-mannequin-toy-car/2018/02/17/847a9afc-13ee-11e8-a68c-e9374188170e_story.html?utm_term=.d82f36a3dd99

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    The Roccbox fever is spreading.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TTC
    HeavyG said:
    The Roccbox fever is spreading.
    I’ll hazard a guess as to why - all of us have several outdoor cooking toys; eggs, Blackstone, gasser, stick burners, etc. - thats why we follow forums like this.

I’ll submit that very few of us have wood fired ovens due to cost alone, and what Roccbox does is complete the outdoor cooking arsenal for a hell of a value. 

Ikon pass 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    TTC said:

complete the outdoor cooking arsenal

That's ^^ funny.  Maybe complete until the next thread...

Congrats on the new toy - hopefully it's a bunch of fun.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    arsenals are never complete.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    SciAggie said:
    Cooking inside...

Maybe I forgot already, but in what part of Cent TX are you? Not college Station is it?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    edited February 2018
    My hands hurt. Qual time at the range. I have put over 1,000 rounds down range the last two days. 
    Las Vegas, NV