Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @YukonRon - Great Flood by chance??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - Great Flood by chance??
    @lousubcap
     Local micro from Germantown, Monnik's.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just became an ISU fan
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    SGH said:
    Right now I have the John Deere tractors and the Husqvarna chainsaws standing bye just in cast this storm does more damage than predicted. I have learned the hard way, you can never be over prepared, only under prepared.  
    Good luck Scottie. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Spatchcock and veggies for tonight.
    EVO sprinkled on baby red potato halves and sliced carrots with fresh parsley and some sweet rub. Sitting at 350 degrees. Same setup as last evenings Boston Butt. Edit- forgot to mention, chicken had been sitting in refer brining with turkey brine for two days.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    1st rain band from Nate coming through, just finished getting everything prepped. Been on the road all day since we had to run over to the grandmas house so now about to to sit down with some Popeyes chicken and a rum drink. Definitely not egged spatch chicken but this will have to do for now.
    LBGE
    AL
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Hope its only rain bands for you. Be safe.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    TideEggHead said:90s 
    1st rain band from Nate coming through, just finished getting everything prepped. Been on the road all day since we had to run over to the grandmas house so now about to to sit down with some Popeyes chicken and a rum drink. Definitely not egged spatch chicken but this will have to do for now.

Love popeyes chicken, hope you got some red beans and rice too.

Stay safe.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Good luck Scottie. 
    Thank you brother Double. I'm still standing bye for the finale. Which I hope turns out to be a dud.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Chicken breast, bone in, skin on, liberally seasoned wit Her DP mole.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    Options
    Good luck dealing with the weather, y'all. Hoping everyone stays safe.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TideEggHead said:90s 

Love popeyes chicken, hope you got some red beans and rice too.

Stay safe.
    I Almost did, I went with jambalaya instead. Not anywhere as good as we've made on the egg! Thanks brother, we should be fine although I am worried about a few trees in the backyard. @SGH will probably get it more than we do, I saw 5-8 inches of rain predicted for us a little while ago. We are currently  tuning into some football! Hope everyone else stays safe!
    LBGE
    AL
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Picture before we devoured dinner. Some carrots and taters were a bit charred but I liked them. Breast was 165 internal and thighs were 180. Very moist after a two day brine. 
    Had the last of some Flan a widowed friend made this Sunday as a thank you for us taking our 44th anniversary flowers to her house last Sunday. No pictures but we know dessert happened. =)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Made some ribs earlier. Turbo no foil. 

I would so totally crush those right now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Made some ribs earlier. Turbo no foil. 

I would so totally crush those right now.
    I did ribs last night, I have never used foil, just use rub and smoke. They always turn out awesome.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Surfing and came across this, that brought back memories.  My buddies and I were camping at the fiddlers convention in union grove back in the '70's and this guy came by and started picking and singing with one of my friends.  He drank most of out whiskey then said he had to go do a set.  I/we had no idea who he was at that time.  This has became Mrs. Bucky and I theme song (don't tell her) ever since.  It was a ultra cool time in my youth. 
    https://youtu.be/F5axlwCBXC8 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Gonna put this butt on somewhere between here and midnight for tomorrow's lunch. Trying a new rub compliments of @Jeremiah
    If this tastes half as good as it smells. Dayum. 
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    :) bucky925 said:
    Surfing and came across this, that brought back memories.  My buddies and I were camping at the fiddlers convention in union grove back in the '70's and this guy came by and started picking and singing with one of my friends.  He drank most of out whiskey then said he had to go do a set.  I/we had no idea who he was at that time.  This has became Mrs. Bucky and I theme song (don't tell her) ever since.  It was a ultra cool time in my youth. 
    Great story :)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    :) bucky925 said:
    Great story :)
    I love that song, and love y'all making it yours. Perfect.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    @theyolksonyou it's real good on pork chops too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Couple of butts on this morning 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Made some fajitas last night from a leftover pork loin I egged on Thursday forgot to take a pic of the loin. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    SGH said:
    Good luck Scottie. 
    Thank you brother Double. I'm still standing bye for the finale. Which I hope turns out to be a dud.  
    Hope you didn't have any downed trees @sgh and all is well. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Finished off fitting the wiring for the solar panel on my camper. Pleased with it, 100W panel and still delivering 10W in the shade at 4 in the afternoon in October.  Changed the Lambda sensor as well and went for a test drive. Still got a list of jobs to do, but it's getting shorter.