Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
    Drinking bourbon, prepping for the game today, is it wrong to be doing so before noon?
    Asking for a friend.
    @YukonRon...Well Ron I will help you out.. Wasn't planning on day drinking but what the hell when a friend needs help I am here for you....  About to put some ribs on so this sounds like a plan..
    Thanks @johnmitchell great friends step up!
    You guys are killing me!  Oh what the hell...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Local BGE rules; light the BGE means time for adult supervisory beverage(s), food on = time for adult supervisory beverages, then as deemed appropriate to ensure proper oversight for the duration.  Note: all preceding are time of day independent.  FWIW- 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thanks @johnmitchell!  Good schid!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
    Drinking bourbon, prepping for the game today, is it wrong to be doing so before noon?
    Asking for a friend.
    @YukonRon...Well Ron I will help you out.. Wasn't planning on day drinking but what the hell when a friend needs help I am here for you....  About to put some ribs on so this sounds like a plan..
    Thanks @johnmitchell great friends step up!
    You guys are killing me!  Oh what the hell...
    There are those among us that show their valor by taking one for the team. @bgebrent you are made of the same fabric that only the greatest American heroes are made.
    Or it is just a BGE thing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Hanging out at Big Rig Day with little Hotchie and family. 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    Sheetrock work. It sucks 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Trying my hand at pepper stout beef.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Asking for a friend.
    I had a 9:00 Bloody while whooping up some breakfast burrito's. That should have been 8:00ish your time. That is what naps are made for.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Local BGE rules; light the BGE means time for adult supervisory beverage(s), food on = time for adult supervisory beverages, then as deemed appropriate to ensure proper oversight for the duration.  Note: all preceding are time of day independent.  FWIW- 
    Keep in mind time is defined as the "indefinite continued progress of events." Along those lines there are many ways to break this progress of events into finite units of measurement - a chronometer or the rotation of the Earth are examples. I see nothing wrong with using a periodic repeating pattern of alcohol consumption as a way of measuring the previously defined progress of events - particularly on the weekend. Drink up - we're counting on you. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Cooking ABT's for a late afternoon tailgate: (a little light on the heat today.)

I need some ABT's in my life right about now.  Yours look great!! :flushed:
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Doing a hanging cayenne tenderloin test in the oilless air fryer. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    SGH said:
    Doing a hanging cayenne tenderloin test in the oilless air fryer. 

A+ for thinking outside the box my friend. Can't wait to see the results. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:
    @Focker, looks like a winner!
    Thanks Brent, boys grubbed down, cleaned their plates.  Only one end piece was left from the loaf.

Nephew on the right, Andrew, was diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in IA City a couple of days ago.  Picked it up from his mom.  He's a tough lil guy.  Didn't even cry yesterday, not even a whimper, when my ox of a son accidentally hit him on the mouth, drawing blood, when they were hollering nacho libre.  His older brother was freaking out. 

Hard not to think of the road ahead, but he's tough. Uncle Pook has a kidney for him on standby, if possible.
    Our prayers are with your family at our house. I am continually impressed by the great environment you and your family provide your kids. Because I know you, I'm not surprised, but definitely impressed. Those kids are lucky and in turn I suppose you all are too. Keep on keeping on. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

And done 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    kl8ton said:

And done 
    Yes please!
  • SGH
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Thanks brother. But sometimes it's that thinking outside of the box that gets me into trouble =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    SGH said:
    SciAggie said:
    Thanks brother. But sometimes it's that thinking outside of the box that gets me into trouble =)
    Just thinking often gets me in hot water...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    Options
    This turned out pretty darn good fellows. Only took 27 minutes in the air fryer. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Asking for a friend.
    I had a 9:00 Bloody while whooping up some breakfast burrito's. That should have been 8:00ish your time. That is what naps are made for.
    We are the same time zone. AM Bloodiest are the best.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Sheetrock work. It sucks 
    Agree to the max.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

SciAggie said:
    lousubcap said:
    Keep in mind time is defined as the "indefinite continued progress of events." Along those lines there are many ways to break this progress of events into finite units of measurement - a chronometer or the rotation of the Earth are examples. I see nothing wrong with using a periodic repeating pattern of alcohol consumption as a way of measuring the previously defined progress of events - particularly on the weekend. Drink up - we're counting on you. 
    Perfect.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

lousubcap said:
    I concur. I have powered through and continued the BGE tradition.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:
    @Focker, looks like a winner!
    Thanks Brent, boys grubbed down, cleaned their plates.  Only one end piece was left from the loaf.

Nephew on the right, Andrew, was diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in IA City a couple of days ago.  Picked it up from his mom.  He's a tough lil guy.  Didn't even cry yesterday, not even a whimper, when my ox of a son accidentally hit him on the mouth, drawing blood, when they were hollering nacho libre.  His older brother was freaking out. 

Hard not to think of the road ahead, but he's tough. Uncle Pook has a kidney for him on standby, if possible.
    Our prayers are with your family at our house. I am continually impressed by the great environment you and your family provide your kids. Because I know you, I'm not surprised, but definitely impressed. Those kids are lucky and in turn I suppose you all are too. Keep on keeping on. 
    Thanks so much Pete, means a lot.  We will. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    Options
    Much deference to the above.  Alports is a tough one.

On a separate note, Go Dawgs!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Asking for a friend.
    It's always noon somewhere.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Been a long day. Gutted and tiled the half bath. Should have it all back together by next weekend. Tomorrow's gonna be a good day picking up a blackstone pizza oven finally.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Thanks. Biopsy to make it officially official is soon.

Pondering a request for transplant now, so I can continue feeding him my bacon.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    Options
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:

Thanks. Biopsy to make it officially official is soon.

Pondering a request for transplant now, so I can continue feeding him my bacon.  ;)
    Brother.  Feed him bacon.  It's a sentence but not a death sentence.  Teach him sign language now.  Hook him up with ophthalmology.  The nephrologists will be good guides.  Sorry man!  This boy will overcome.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Lousy week, but pretty much perfect evening.

Watching the original Terminator, self medicating, by the bonfire.  

Phoenix