Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    blasting said:

Lousy week, but pretty much perfect evening.

Watching the original Terminator, self medicating, by the bonfire.  

We are n a tinder box. No rain since sept 18. Burn ban. My youngest heard that and said he'd starve to death. Didn't realize outdoor cooking was exempt. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    It's crazy around here. It's so dry that the lump burns a lot faster and has a tinging sound when it burns. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It's crazy around here. It's so dry that the lump burns a lot faster and has a tinging sound when it burns. 
    Man your fire extinguisher immediately!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Watching SNL. Opening skit was a total letdown 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    IMHO SNL is in a death spiral.  Had to turn the channel.  The skits are weak and so far left they lose their zing and us they've always been leftists but, never to the uber extreme. And Dave Chappelle...Dayumn! I was expecting more from him.  A Tribe Called Quest...meh.  SNL once upon a time was crazy funny.  But, as of late it's gone so political it's clearly aimed at a different target audience.  The actors/comedians aren't the same caliber they once were. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Watching it rain for the first time in forever. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    IMHO SNL is in a death spiral.  Had to turn the channel.  The skits are weak and so far left they lose their zing and us they've always been leftists but, never to the uber extreme. And Dave Chappelle...Dayumn! I was expecting more from him.  A Tribe Called Quest...meh.  SNL once upon a time was crazy funny.  But, as of late it's gone so political it's clearly aimed at a different target audience.  The actors/comedians aren't the same caliber they once were. 
    On the flip side, maybe it's due to the fact that you are older and don't understand the humor these days? This sounds like a "kids these days" post. Change SNL to a music genre that's "not like the old days". I didn't watch the show last night, but I always wonder on the demographics of people complaining about stuff like this from a sociological perspective.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Wondering when the cooks at wing zone thought rare chicken was a good idea 

drummette complete with feathers
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Wondering when the cooks at wing zone thought rare chicken was a good idea 

drummette complete with feathers
    I'll find the occasional wing with a few feathers when I buy the big packs from Costco/Sams/BJ's/etc.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    There's no Corps like the old Corps!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
     Mother nature always wins dammit. I made such good progress With the stone on the pilings  and shed over the last few weekends. This weekend I was going to finish it. But nooooooo...  The temperatures couldn't stay above 35 for me now could they. Now I am afraid I'm going to have to wait to the spring to finish the shed. What a pain....

Still cutting stone though. The backsplash is getting worked on!  Maybe it will be done by Turkey day!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Making 15lb's of Biltong (jerky).. Spices brought over from South Africa..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    On the flip side, maybe it's due to the fact that you are older and don't understand the humor these days? This sounds like a "kids these days" post. Change SNL to a music genre that's "not like the old days". I didn't watch the show last night, but I always wonder on the demographics of people complaining about stuff like this from a sociological perspective.
    Not at all.  I'm talking within the last 6-10 years.  The SNL guild has dwindled to mediocrity.  I have no issue with their brand of humor.  But, they seem to be grasping at straws.  Maybe Lorne Michaels has just lost his touch. For me it has nothing to do demographics or sociological perspective. It has everything to do with funny or not.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Making 15lb's of Biltong (jerky).. Spices brought over from South Africa..Spiced and marinating.. Will get hung tonight..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Making 15lb's of Biltong (jerky).. Spices brought over from South Africa..Spiced and marinating.. Will get hung tonight..

Fantastic John!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,408
    Options
    Second consecutive week-end of pepper drying (cruising along in the 150-180*F range , no controller).  Poblano's on the lower level, some mixed heat up top. About  7 hours in.  Duration TBD.  Fun-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,351
    Options
    Cheesesteaks on the Blackstone 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just saw this on HWY 15 right before Lamey Bridge Road. 

You got to admit that it's funny. 
    Question fellows, would y'all think bad of me if it turned out I was one of the fellows who placed it there =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    John Hiatt tonight with My Beautiful Wife. One of our favorite artists, ever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    John Hiatt tonight with My Beautiful Wife. One of our favorite artists, ever.
    What fun man!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Reverse sear marinated top round 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Options

Seeing how close I could get to the six.  One on the left heard me.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Focker said:
    Pretty cool story of a guy down the street installing blue lights, paying for the lights out of his own pocket.  He was up to thirty something houses.  Grabbed one while I was at Lowe's, and we're that much closer to 40.

733 fully supports the men and women in blue.

My wife put blue tape on her rear window a few months ago to show support and solidarity with police and law enforcement. #projectbluestripe

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Trying to boil water on the Blackstone
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI