Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sitting at my basement bar with my brother-in-law and my nephew. They are here visiting from CA, my veteran nephew went to school this morning with my first grader for Veteran's Day appreciation. Had some good eats tonight. SRF Kurobuta pork collar. Smoked with cherry wood until 145*, then sliced and seared.

We're going to visit NYC tomorrow, starting out at Statue of Liberty first, then to Freedom Tower, not sure what after that. It will be my nephew's first time visiting NYC.
    Tell your nephew THANK YOU for his service, from South Carolina. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @DMW -  Don't know how long you have in NYC but you have to plan for a good 3 hours minimum at the Ground Zero Museum and I would put that at the top of the itinerary.  The fountain pools and Museum are very powerful.  Freedom Tower is a great skyscraper trip with a message to the world but the real deal is at ground level and below.
    Not trying to disparage the Statue of Liberty- if you can score both than go for it-but if time is a limiter then Ground Zero gets my vote.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW -  Don't know how long you have in NYC but you have to plan for a good 3 hours minimum at the Ground Zero Museum and I would put that at the top of the itinerary.  The fountain pools and Museum are very powerful.  Freedom Tower is a great skyscraper trip with a message to the world but the real deal is at ground level and below.
    Not trying to disparage the Statue of Liberty- if you can score both than go for it-but if time is a limiter then Ground Zero gets my vote.  FWIW-

@lousubcap - I've been to Ground Zero, and I agree. I haven't been to Freedom Tower yet, hope we can make all 3 work, as we have already purchased ferry tickets to Statue of Liberty.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I am streaming Hawaiian music, amping up the rocket fuel intake and have filed an escape velocity flight plan.  I will be passing thru LEO shortly and it's gonna be quite a ride-brown water fueled for the duration. No self-respecting cooks planned for 11/12.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The fence has come down!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    So now you can build a wall?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Steaks...

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Steaks...

Damn man!  Beautiful steaks!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    So now you can build a wall?
    I was thinking about it,if I could get my neighbors to the south to pay for it. Otherwise, I am building a wooden privacy fence.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    Options
    @bgebrent thanks brother - SV, seared on the small.  Gotta keep the in laws happy on their birthdays right?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Watching The Magnificent Seven with the fam.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:
    Taking the kids to the "Wood Park" in Hampton on the river.  Bought this X-zyLo Gyroscope at Scheels.  So much fun on a beautiful fall day.

Then it went all Nacho Libre, my son tossing one cuz into another.

Wow. It's been a while since I've seen green grass. Everything is dead here from the drought. 
    Hiked the Blood Mountain loop out your way several years ago.  It would sicken me, if a fire would get out of hand.  Hoping you get some rain soon.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    First rip with the cloche and piastra in the oven.   20 min 450, remove cloche and 500 for 12 min.

@lit,
    A confession, I did use parchment to make dealing with the hot cloche, oven cleanup, and launch easier.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    Options
    @Focker, looks like a winner!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Just finished the years last batch of pesto.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Marinating top round for tomorrow's dinner 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning All:

In Orange Beach, AL waiting to judge BBQ at the World Food Championships 

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Steaks...

Living large I see....as you should....great month for you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @Focker, looks like a winner!
    Thanks Brent, boys grubbed down, cleaned their plates.  Only one end piece was left from the loaf.

Nephew on the right, Andrew, was diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in IA City a couple of days ago.  Picked it up from his mom.  He's a tough lil guy.  Didn't even cry yesterday, not even a whimper, when my ox of a son accidentally hit him on the mouth, drawing blood, when they were hollering nacho libre.  His older brother was freaking out. 

Hard not to think of the road ahead, but he's tough. Uncle Pook has a kidney for him on standby, if possible.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    Options
    That's tough man!  Sounds like he's a trooper too. 
  • blind99
    Options
    @northgacock thanks, i tell you i need this break.  work has been killing my time for cooking!  i'm making up for it though.  steaks last night. today, i started a batch of bacon.  need to make a bunch over the next month for a lot for christmas gifts.  i'm rendering out a pan of belly fat today just for fun.  brisket tomorrow.  

@focker that's very kind of you to offer him an organ!  the world needs more of that generosity.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Drinking bourbon, prepping for the game today, is it wrong to be doing so before noon?
    Asking for a friend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @YukonRon, tell your friend that it's okay as long as he is an egger.  =)
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Focker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @northgacock thanks, i tell you i need this break.  work has been killing my time for cooking!  i'm making up for it though.  steaks last night. today, i started a batch of bacon.  need to make a bunch over the next month for a lot for christmas gifts.  i'm rendering out a pan of belly fat today just for fun.  brisket tomorrow.  

@focker that's very kind of you to offer him an organ!  the world needs more of that generosity.
    Thanks guys, told his mom it's an option down the road, right after she told me about the recent events.

He's such a good boy, it's a no-brainer from my standpoint.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• johnmitchell
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Drinking bourbon, prepping for the game today, is it wrong to be doing so before noon?
    Asking for a friend.
    @YukonRon...Well Ron I will help you out.. Wasn't planning on day drinking but what the hell when a friend needs help I am here for you....  About to put some ribs on so this sounds like a plan..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @YukonRon same. On my first just before noon. Prepping some ribs. Coming to temp. As protocol demands, one rack for me and the fam, one for momenym. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    Great plan. I will pour another.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @YukonRon, tell your friend that it's okay as long as he is an egger.  =)
    Thanks @dredger will do, he is an Egger. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

YukonRon said:
    Asking for a friend.
    @YukonRon...Well Ron I will help you out.. Wasn't planning on day drinking but what the hell when a friend needs help I am here for you....  About to put some ribs on so this sounds like a plan..
    Thanks @johnmitchell great friends step up!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky