Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    @great_eggspectations. Silver sharpie.  Pretty permanent unless you drive through an acetone storm.
    So how do you update the info? Oil changes are pretty frequent.

Ah. I thought he was also tracking intervals. 

Also, someone said it earlier, but damn that’s fine penmanship. Carey could never be a doctor. 
    He probably used a 3D laser water jet plasma cutter to acid etch it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Aside from this garbage economy, hosted a baptism for my little guy today. No food to brag about other than the chocolate pots de creme which were a hit as always. 

Good times with good people will always prevail.  Cheers everyone!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Botch said:
    The upcoming, imminent crash of the US economy is entirely my fault. I'm sorry.

At two points in my lifetime I've received/inherited a substantial amount of dollars (for me), and both times I invested it all in the stock market, as it was riding high at those times; and both times the market crashed, badly, within a month. Had I just waited until those crashes, then invested, I'd be wealthy.  

My Mom passed almost 3 years ago now, and my half of her property sale was a third chunk of money. Because of what was happening at that time, I was expecting the market to crash, so this time I sat on the dollars. Just once, in my lifetime, I wanted to invest after a crash, not right before.  

When I deposited my 6-mo farmland rent check a few weeks ago, the clerk at the Credit Union said, "You know, we still have our offer for this 1-yr, 5.5% guaranteed bond thingie, would you be interested?" I did some quick mental math and would've kicked myself 'cept there was a line behind me. I made a transfer.  

Fast-forward less than two weeks: some Silicon Valley money institution goes under. All feds are claiming this won't affect the overall economy; I've heard these statements before; what, 2007? F me, BotchLuck™ rears its ugly head again. Again, I'm sorry.
    I guess I need to read the Fine Print on the bond thingie; if I can withdraw it all with no penalty/interest, that would be worth doing when the market crashes.  

I won't say which, but i'm a business analyst for a prominent broker dealer in the wealth management industry. Should be an interesting week. I'll post anything I hear that won't result in job loss.
    Looking forward to it.  I personally am hoping FED drops the rate 100 basis points.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @canugghead

Good eye. It was only logical in my mind that someone so diligent would equally want to track intervals. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The computer tracks the service intervals.  Writing them down somewhere I can see is just habit.  Resetting the service isn't easy.  Asks for the MB oil specification used.

I was really bummed when I didn't see a dip stick or hole for one.  Makes it so easy to just SUUUCCKKK out the oil with a long siphon and no need to drop the bottom panel, unscrew, find a new crush washer, bla bla bla. 
    Options
    I got my eye on a used Oyler little red smoker. New they go for right about 25,000. This one is only a year old. He is asking 18,000. I offered 15,000. Let’s hope 🤞that he bites. 
    On a separate note, if he does bite are any of you billionaires willing to float me a loan 💸 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    SGH said:
    I got my eye on a used Oyler little red smoker. New they go for right about 25,000. This one is only a year old. He is asking 18,000. I offered 15,000. Let’s hope 🤞that he bites. 
    On a separate note, if he does bite are any of you billionaires willing to float me a loan 💸 
    We will start a Go Fund Me 😂
    Jacksonville FL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    SGH said:
    Nice!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    SGH said:
    You plan to then ship it to your Caribbean island and set up shop?? B)
    Quite a rig. Hope you land it. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Hope you land it.  

Me too brother. If I had Rons or Ozzie’s money it would be a done deal already 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:

Looks like you'll need a dedicated kitchen area for it.

Little Red Smokehouse  250 FSE  JR Manufacturing

Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    Hope you land it.  

Me too brother. If I had Rons or Ozzie’s money it would be a done deal already 👍
    Not my money, my friend.  I am lucky to afford Frontier Lump to feed my mini.  Tax man on the other hand could find that much in his couch cushions.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Preparing for my 7th status meeting of the day.  That is not an exaggeration either.  All on the same items, mostly all the same people, just a few different "leaders" in each one.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:

Not that one my long haired friend. This one. 

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Not that one my long haired friend. This one. 

Stumps XL Stretch for Much less @ $7820.00 Base ---Love mine 

Baby Back Ribs48
    St. Louis Style Ribs48
    Large Brisket28
    Boston Butt30
    Chicken Halves80
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    How good of an uncle have you been? @MasterC
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    My offset tank smoker fascinated him when he was six. I like to think I had an influence. 
    I told him to call when it's time to eat 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Had a date night lined up, but will be ditching  my wife - at her urging - to join a friend seeing Journey tonight. Now to familiarize myself with the band within the next few hours. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Enjoying the Davidoff cafe downtown Vegas.

Great spread (Padron included) and setting. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    Had a date night lined up, but will be ditching  my wife - at her urging - to join a friend seeing Journey tonight. Now to familiarize myself with the band within the next few hours. 
    Don't stop believin!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Sitting in Novi just had Big Tommy’s lamb chops. Show set up in the morning.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    One of my favorite memories when I was younger was when I was out at the bar with my buddies drinking and there happened to be a journey cover band playing that night. My buddy was beyond intoxicated. He was basically holding himself up by holding onto to my shoulder. He kept slurring, "She's so hot". I couldn't figure out who the hell he was talking about. It finally dawned on me who he was talking about. He was talking about the lead singer of Journey of the cover band. I looked up and it was a dude dressed in a cheetah shirt, black leather jacket, black leather pants, a big black 80's hair wig that was blowing in the wind from the fan he was standing in front of while blaring out Journey tunes. I almost fell over laughing. He had no idea that it was a dude singing as he was dressed feminine as some of the 80's rock bands did at that time. We gave my buddy so much crap the next day. He obviously didn't remember any of it. We still bring it up from time to time. 

That is what I think of whenever I hear or someone talk about Journey.
    In today's world. Tell him there's nothing wrong with that😝
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    I took my Boxer for his mid year checkup. To be almost 9 his only problem is that he is 86 pounds instead of 76.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    What show are you getting ready for?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Enjoying the Davidoff cafe downtown Vegas.

First, once again, thank you for paying my salary. However, as a Vegas resident, you were not Downtown. That is full on Strip. Downtown is Fremont, Circa, Binions, Four Queens Etc… I don’t blame you. Downtown can be scary for the uninitiated. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Jstroke said:
    What show are you getting ready for?
    The Gordon Foods Show. Set up is today, show is tomorrow. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.