Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Changed oil and filters, reset ‘puter, check fluids, oil hinges, etc.  pretty sure the wife will give me grief writing on the inside of her engine compartment.  But I’ll be like, I just saved you $500 bucks, be-otch
    Options
     be-otch
    Let us know how that goes.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Productive day. I began by installing some bathroom fixtures as of 4am this morning (as renos in two bathrooms are finally nearing completion; I have spent the last several days painting). Then swapped from winter tires to summers on both cars. Then shopped for supplies and performed oil changes on both (that Outback is a massive pain!). Now about to shower and head to a neighbour’s place for dinner. Glad my to do list is that much shorter for tomorrow. 

Your description of your day was more than I would undertake much less complete and still summarize.  You must have a healthy garage to store 8 tires and rims, never mind the lift for the oil.  Colour (nod) me impressed while betting on Mother Nature.  Be well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    The upcoming, imminent crash of the US economy is entirely my fault. I'm sorry.

At two points in my lifetime I've received/inherited a substantial amount of dollars (for me), and both times I invested it all in the stock market, as it was riding high at those times; and both times the market crashed, badly, within a month. Had I just waited until those crashes, then invested, I'd be wealthy.  

My Mom passed almost 3 years ago now, and my half of her property sale was a third chunk of money. Because of what was happening at that time, I was expecting the market to crash, so this time I sat on the dollars. Just once, in my lifetime, I wanted to invest after a crash, not right before.  

When I deposited my 6-mo farmland rent check a few weeks ago, the clerk at the Credit Union said, "You know, we still have our offer for this 1-yr, 5.5% guaranteed bond thingie, would you be interested?" I did some quick mental math and would've kicked myself 'cept there was a line behind me. I made a transfer.  

Fast-forward less than two weeks: some Silicon Valley money institution goes under. All feds are claiming this won't affect the overall economy; I've heard these statements before; what, 2007? F me, BotchLuck™ rears its ugly head again. Again, I'm sorry.
    I guess I need to read the Fine Print on the bond thingie; if I can withdraw it all with no penalty/interest, that would be worth doing when the market crashes.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Botch - Even at my age you have got to look at the long-term unless you need the output for expenses.  The numbers speak for themselves.  Day-to-day will drive you crazy as you likely know.  Just jump in and go. 
    Took me over 2.5 year to get back to even after the 1987 tank but it happened and same after all the others.
    When this economy gets to where it does not expand over time the market indexes will be the least of your issues. 
    I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express and no financial guru but trying to time the market gives you little to no chance of major gains. 
    Give the long term data a look. 
    Edit for spelling-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    edited March 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ....but trying to time the market gives you little to no chance of major gains.
    I agree totally, Cap'n; I've recovered nicely from both dips as you have.  But as I stated,  just once I'd like to invest after a major crash, not right before.
    F*ck BotchLuck™.   :|  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    I agree totally, Cap'n; I've recovered nicely from both dips as you have.  But as I stated,  just once I'd like to invest after a major crash, not right before.
    Coke and hookers.  Nobody has ever said they wish they hadn't of blown all their money on those.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Now is the time to buy @Botch it’s on sale, you can whip a money market if you’re willing to wait. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Options
    Now is the time to buy @Botch it’s on sale, you can whip a money market if you’re willing to wait
    I don't even know what you're trying to say here.  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Coke and hookers.  Nobody has ever said they wish they hadn't of blown all their money on those.
    This guy is legit money manager. Follow his advice. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Changed oil and filters, reset ‘puter, check fluids, oil hinges, etc.  pretty sure the wife will give me grief writing on the inside of her engine compartment.  But I’ll be like, I just saved you $500 bucks, be-otch
    As detailed, I did some of the same today, but never thought to include my documentation in the engine compartment. I keep detailed records of oil volume per engine, wrench sizes, torque specs, tire rotation patterns. etc.; but never inside of the compartment. Will have to try that. Does errant water not wash it away?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Enjoying that win.  Nice finish to the ACC tournament.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    edited March 2023
    Options
    My portfolio is down roughly %30. It will come back @Botch it always does. The way I look at it if you buy mutual funds or index now they are 30% off. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Maybe not 30% but I feels like it. Lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Hans61 - those are some great looking beef back ribs.  Beat their pork cousins every time. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Hasn't he got lovely handwriting, though?
    The Queen King will be proud.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    This morning. It was almost 80 on Wednesday 

dumb

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    This morning. It was almost 80 on Wednesday 

dumb

Perfect for our short attention span nation!  That is a beautiful picture.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @great_eggspectations. Silver sharpie.  Pretty permanent unless you drive through an acetone storm.
    Options
    Cleaning out the truck
    Options
    Botch said:
    The upcoming, imminent crash of the US economy is entirely my fault. I'm sorry.

At two points in my lifetime I've received/inherited a substantial amount of dollars (for me), and both times I invested it all in the stock market, as it was riding high at those times; and both times the market crashed, badly, within a month. Had I just waited until those crashes, then invested, I'd be wealthy.  

My Mom passed almost 3 years ago now, and my half of her property sale was a third chunk of money. Because of what was happening at that time, I was expecting the market to crash, so this time I sat on the dollars. Just once, in my lifetime, I wanted to invest after a crash, not right before.  

When I deposited my 6-mo farmland rent check a few weeks ago, the clerk at the Credit Union said, "You know, we still have our offer for this 1-yr, 5.5% guaranteed bond thingie, would you be interested?" I did some quick mental math and would've kicked myself 'cept there was a line behind me. I made a transfer.  

Fast-forward less than two weeks: some Silicon Valley money institution goes under. All feds are claiming this won't affect the overall economy; I've heard these statements before; what, 2007? F me, BotchLuck™ rears its ugly head again. Again, I'm sorry.
    I guess I need to read the Fine Print on the bond thingie; if I can withdraw it all with no penalty/interest, that would be worth doing when the market crashes.  

I won't say which, but i'm a business analyst for a prominent broker dealer in the wealth management industry. Should be an interesting week. I'll post anything I hear that won't result in job loss.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @great_eggspectations. Silver sharpie.  Pretty permanent unless you drive through an acetone storm.
    So how do you update the info? Oil changes are pretty frequent.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

Ah. I thought he was also tracking intervals. 

Also, someone said it earlier, but damn that’s fine penmanship. Carey could never be a doctor. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options

Ah. I thought he was also tracking intervals. 

Also, someone said it earlier, but damn that’s fine penmanship. Carey could never be a doctor. 
    You thought right, I missed this until you asked...

canuckland